Hardest boss?

Just got the all bosses trophy and... old man Isshin Ashina. I was completely blindsided in New Game+ when going for the Shura ending and had significantly more trouble fighting Isshin Ashina than Sword Saint. His last phase is just oppressive and his ability to set random parts of the floor on fire while charging at you is the most frustrating attack in the game in my opinion.

Hardest boss has to be Sword Saint. Owl 2.0 can be a pain but he can be predicted and punished far better then the last boss. Rn im in NG+3 with both malus applied (both Kuro's Charm gone and the Bell activated) and the last boss has been a pain far worse then Owl but even on my first playthrough Sword Saint was a beast compared to Owl. Also note for the Demon of Hatred, kinda annoying but i would rank him behind both last bosses (Sword Saint and the Shura's ending last boss, let's not do names :D) and tied with Owl 2.0

Edited by loressj4

Haven't been able to play much of the game cuz of school but so far genichiro gave me the most trouble. It really didnt help that I couldn't play in long sittings so I was re learning the fight every chance I got to play the game and I always died on the third phase cuz i would have very few health pots or would have already lost one life in the first two phases. I also stopped trying to deflect the lightning on the try i actually beat him. Much easier to just roll towards him and dodge the lightning strike

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, loressj4 said:

Hardest boss has to be Sword Saint. Owl 2.0 can be a pain but he can be predicted and punished far better then the last boss. Rn im in NG+3 with both malus applied (both Kuro's Charm gone and the Bell activated) and the last boss has been a pain far worse then Owl but even on my first playthrough Sword Saint was a beast compared to Owl. Also note for the Demon of Hatred, kinda annoying but i would rank him behind both last bosses (Sword Saint and the Shura's ending last boss, let's not do names :D) and tied with Owl 2.0

Does NG+3 mean it's your third playthrough (NG++) or the third NG+ (so NG+++)? I see people mixing this notation and can't understand it :D 

13 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Haven't been able to play much of the game cuz of school but so far genichiro gave me the most trouble. It really didnt help that I couldn't play in long sittings so I was re learning the fight every chance I got to play the game and I always died on the third phase cuz i would have very few health pots or would have already lost one life in the first two phases. I also stopped trying to deflect the lightning on the try i actually beat him. Much easier to just roll towards him and dodge the lightning strike

You can't deflect the lightning. Instead, jump and let it hit you, then spam R1 before you touch the ground: you will send the lightning back to him dealing massive health damage.

7 minutes ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Does NG+3 mean it's your third playthrough (NG++) or the third NG+ (so NG+++)? I see people mixing this notation and can't understand it :D 

You can't deflect the lightning. Instead, jump and let it hit you, then spam R1 before you touch the ground: you will send the lightning back to him dealing massive health damage.

I'm on NG+++. I could have already got the platinum but i'm a bit of a masochist when it comes to Soulslike games and i like challenges :D

5 minutes ago, loressj4 said:

I'm on NG+++. I could have already got the platinum but i'm a bit of a masochist when it comes to Soulslike games and i like challenges :D

:D Well I am on NG++ and I actually find it much easier now, it feels like the enemies don't scale up as fast as you in terms of strength.

On 3/29/2019 at 4:16 PM, nudoetcrudo said:

Who was the hardest boss for you?

I just beat the game (missing Shura ending) and for me it was the "secret" boss for the Purification ending 

Reveal hidden contents

Owl 2.0

Guy has high resistance to damage, large area of attack, he is fast and can almost 1-shot you.

The secret boss

Reveal hidden contents

Demon of Hatred

and the final boss

Reveal hidden contents

Sword Saint Isshin

were not that hard when I found out Divine Confetti increases damage to them (I am 100% sure for the first one, and I think it also increased damage on the second, but the fight was too intense to check properly :D).

Agree 100% with above.. easily the hardest boss in the game, hands down.. he’s so unpredictable and sporadic, too.. eventually, after a couple hours or even much more, you’ll start to at least understand his rhythms and combos, being able to detect when to be aggressive and when to back off, because you’ll need to be both conservative and assertive against this hellacious boss

oh and the final boss can be cheesed.. just saying.. you really can’t cheese the bastard mentioned above.. and the bastard above FOR SURE has better stats than the final boss (higher defense, higher hp, higher attack)

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx
Additional commentary

12 hours ago, Mah2c said:

Honestly demon of hatred was a slap on my face and reminded me of the best game from then, bloodborne :P felt like Laurence at times for me, miss the game so much. 

Other than that Owl 2.0 and sword saint, which is a brick wall for me at the moment. 

I just finished Demon about 10 minutes ago after trying for like an hour and a half,  by the end of it I was getting stupid lazy deaths haha.  Him and Guardian ape both reminded me of Bloodborne as well I really hope if there is DLC we get more crazy mythical enemies like these rather than more human enemies crazy abominations is what Fromsoft is best at.  

Saving Owl 2.0 and Ishin for tomorrow,  I finished up the other 45+ bosses today so I just have those 2 left and then the Shura ending bosses for NG+.  I tried Owl 2.0 like twice today tommarow ima be smashing my head against him and ishin for hours I already know it haha.

I'd say 2nd Owl, but I haven't yet played the Shura ending, so maybe it'll change. By the end of the Owl fight, I feel like I had him completely memorized. I knew exactly what he was doing at all times and it was still difficult. 

With Saint Isshin, I only kinda knew what he was doing, and his last phase I was terrible at. The only part of that fight I did cheesy was the Genichiro portion by baiting the mikiri. 

Not to mention, owl's 2 phases seemed to take twice as long as Saint Isshin's 4 phases. Owls posture does not like to move.

I am right up to end game right now, so I have not fought Isshin, but hardest boss for me is still Genechiro. I spent a solid 4.5 hours on him, dying at least 75 times, if not more...I honestly lost count. I was so bad at the game and my Souls mentality would not allow me to correctly fight and beat him. Once I started playing more hyper-aggressively and got right up into bosses' faces, I started having more success.

Owl 1.0 was pretty tough, he took a solid hour but I was once again lost in my ways of waiting for him to use punishable moves. By the time I got to Owl 2.0, I knew almost all of his moves and was pretty refined at the game. I also had 20 Vitality and 15 strength, which is pretty high for NG. I beat him on my 8th or 9th legitimate go by being in his face 100% of the time. I'd wait for the punishable moves, but I'd also be swinging my sword or deflecting the whole time. Took both his bars down ultra fast.

Demon of Hatred took me two hours to learn the moves and finally get off a perfect strategy. I was scared to use my Ako Sugars like one guide suggested, and I didn't think to use Divine Confetti. I just beat him down to phase three and then took full advantage of the finger whistle. It made phase 3 a joke and I only got hit once or twice. I felt right at home because this boss was just like a Soulsborne boss and if it wasn't for his massive health pool, probably would have got him down quicker.

So far Demon of Hatred. Need around 3 hour and countless of death to kill it. Fighting Owl 2.0 i can parry most of his attack, i even not sure which attack Demon of Hatred i can parry ?
Not yet fight sword saint although i already collect the item needed for the 3 ending.
j8h5Kas.jpg

1 hour ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

I also had 20 Vitality and 15 strength, which is pretty high for NG.

I just beat him down to phase three and then took full advantage of the finger whistle. It made phase 3 a joke and I only got hit once or twice.

? 15 str? So you spent 30 skill points on it, right? (I had 11 and raised str twice). You will have to farm those 30 skill points to get the all skills trophy later, it's going to be so boring :D 

For some reason I was never able to use the whistle during phase 3. I saved it for that part and then it wasn't working even if I used it at very different times (before/after different attacks). Not sure when the demon is vulnerable to it.

He’s vulnerable to it right after the spinning arm attack where he engulfs you in a fire arena and when he’s RARELY idle right before a combo.. dude has no chill in third phase but I still managed to get it off 3X.. tried to get it off once in second phase but he’s completely immune to all damage before smoke goes up and you fly away.. but you can use whistle 5X total if you spent skill points where they needed to go and you beat all side bosses.. cost 4 emblems each time meaning you should have 20 total at your available usage/disposal.. 

oh oh side note, how many skill points does it cost to increase strength?

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx
Added Question

16 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Yeah lol that's what I meant by deflect(wrong choice of words). I could never get the timing down consistently so I decided to fuck it and just dodge the lightning attacks

10 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

1f62e.png 15 str? So you spent 30 skill points on it, right? (I had 11 and raised str twice). You will have to farm those 30 skill points to get the all skills trophy later, it's going to be so boring :D 

For some reason I was never able to use the whistle during phase 3. I saved it for that part and then it wasn't working even if I used it at very different times (before/after different attacks). Not sure when the demon is vulnerable to it.

I spent 15 skill points on strength upgrades, for a total of +3. Without any upgrades, you could have a max of 12 strength fighting Owl. I do admit I'm scared of even losing 15 points, I would not recommend going any higher :P

11 minutes ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

I spent 15 skill points on strength upgrades, for a total of +3. Without any upgrades, you could have a max of 12 strength fighting Owl. I do admit I'm scared of even losing 15 points, I would not recommend going any higher :P

Oh right, I had 11 without the Demon and him, and without spending skill points. Then I got to 13 with skill points, but when I wrote the reply I believed I had 11 including the +2 from skill points.

Sword Saint took me nearly 3h just because of his stupidly erratic dual-wielding combos. had to watch Fextra's video guide like 5+ times

game felt pretty fucking brutal after being hard-carried thru BB/DeS plats, but also felt slightly more accomplished :blush:

2 minutes ago, Benfoxy83 said:

How do u fight the armored warrior. U supposed to knock him off the bridge right?

Yes you need to throw it off the bridge. When you’ve nearly broken it’s posture lure it to the side of the bridge (you can break all walls of the bridge) and when you perform a deathblow you’ll throw it off the bridge.

On 3/31/2019 at 6:54 AM, Single_Shade said:

5 each time I believe, don't think it goes up. 

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of farming skill points for a while and putting them into attack power to improve my chances against Sword Saint and Demon of Hatred. They are so much harder than anything before them to me. Gave the game a break after Sword Saint nearly made me bite my controller in half but I've been itching to get back to it. 

Edited by Killbomb

2 hours ago, Killbomb said:

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of farming skill points for a while and putting them into attack power to improve my chances against Sword Saint and Demon of Hatred. They are so much harder than anything before them to me. Gave the game a break after Sword Saint nearly made me bite my controller in half but I've been itching to get back to it. 

Currently grinding out the skill points required for all skills, and it takes a LOT of exp for each point right now, something around 65k each (which is basically 2.5 main boss fights worth on NG+4) and it keeps going up. Not too sure if it's a good idea to put a whole 5 into attack until you've got all of them honestly, assuming you're going for the plat.