Driveclub is being delisted

DEI2EK

Why do they do this shit, with their own first party games?

Like fair game to other people, you don't wanna support stuff or your licenses have expired (think I just realized why DC is being delisted), then fine. But first parties doing it always annoys the crap out of me. Imagine Xbox delisting all the Halo and Gears games, they'd have pretty well nothing. Though, that being said, Xbox did delist Forza Horizon 1 and 2 not toooooo long back, so it probably is related to car licensing.

47 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I was actually planning on buying this game after doing the Need for Speed series I just started:

Can anyone tell me, can I still buy all the DLC if I purchased from scratch today? Is it still possible to 100% ?

Yes. If you purchase the game and all its DLC right now, you can still 100% all trophies.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Max654 said:

I hardly believe that the reason everything is getting delisted from the PS store is because ALL cars in Driveclub are licensed: Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz, McLaren, Nissan, Ferrari... you can name them all. Sony probably had a license from the manufacturers’ for years until recently and didn’t renew it. Because of it, they aren’t allowed anymore to sell content showing the brands, in this case the entire game and its DLC.

Microsoft has delisted Forza Horizon and its DLC, probably for the same reason.

So, I may be shocked of the move, but at the same time I understand perfectly why Sony does it due to licensing, even when Driveclub’s IP is owned by Sony.

Aaaah licensing, what an amazing thing... /s

Oh right, I forgot they used licensed cars... the racing genre has no future when they use licensed cars. Can't re-release anything. And apparently can't even last the generation. Car companies don't want some PSone graphics to represent their brand in ~current year~, so things like Gran Turismo getting re-released are unlikely. And they don't want to advertise old models of their vehicles that aren't manufactured either.

I don't get it. You should want your brand out there as much as possible, particularly when it's a beloved classic game people clamor for. Even if it's not graphically up to date (not relevant for DriveClub obviously) or current models of your cars, it still keeps people thinking about your brand and keeps it in their mind.

Should've just created their own cars, then there'd be no issue.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Max654 said:

I truly believe that the reason everything is getting delisted from the PS store is because ALL cars in Driveclub are licensed: Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz, McLaren, Nissan, Ferrari... you can name them all. Sony probably had a license from the manufacturers’ for years until recently and didn’t renew it. Because of it, they aren’t allowed anymore to sell content showing the brands, in this case the entire game and its DLC.

Microsoft has delisted Forza Horizon and its DLC, probably for the same reason.

So, I may be shocked of the move, but at the same time I understand perfectly why Sony does it due to licensing, even when Driveclub’s IP is owned by Sony.

Aaaah licensing, what an amazing thing... /s

Bless a brain in the thread! This is spot on. 

I was wondering if it had something to do with PS5 & Sony (possibly) bringing all active first party PS4 games over at launch. Not wanting to commit to run Driveclub servers on another console when it's not played that much. It's probably just car licensing though honestly. 

• Like 1

Just now, yellowwindow7 said:

I got this game on disc so at least I can play it as much as I can.

and this is why the Future is Digital Only! Suck a Big Analog Stick!!

if someone still has the game bought digitally it's not like it disappears, you just can't buy it from there.

For anybody thinking about playing Driveclub (not Bikes or VR) you will have access to everything needed to 100% the game as long as you have the full game and the season pass as long as the online is up.

On a related note I'd still say the season pass is one of the best value for money season passes ever released.

• Like 3

I also wonder if such delistings mean you can't re-download them if you bought them but then deleted them to make space on your oh so small 1tb drive... damn those beautiful graphics and all the gigs they take up ?

Personally i have never dared delete a delisted game, but it would be cool to know if it's possible, cause licensing is quite a tricky issue...

Anybody had experience with this?

3 hours ago, colia100 said:

I also wonder if such delistings mean you can't re-download them if you bought them but then deleted them to make space on your oh so small 1tb drive... damn those beautiful graphics and all the gigs they take up 1f624.png

Personally i have never dared delete a delisted game, but it would be cool to know if it's possible, cause licensing is quite a tricky issue...

Hey now, you’re forgetting us who have release day 500gb PS4s with multiple P.T.s installed :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Varhur said:

if someone still has the game bought digitally it's not like it disappears, you just can't buy it from there.

I know, it's just that it's too bad for those who really wanted to play it but didn't catch up the deadline and bought it digitally, in the future it won't be available anymore, so if anyone still wants to own it you better go now and grabs it physically before it became a rare collectable item and they will sell it at 700$ or something.

27 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I know, it's just that it's too bad for those who really wanted to play it but didn't catch up the deadline and bought it digitally, in the future it won't be available anymore, so if anyone still wants to own it you better go now and grabs it physically before it became a rare collectable item and they will sell it at 700$ or something.

Deadpool PS3 was delisted in 2013 and i can still find a copy for ~13 USD. Perhaps with some time, but if you'll miss it, it's not a tragedy (unless you didn't had the DLC's bought).

4 hours ago, colia100 said:

I also wonder if such delistings mean you can't re-download them if you bought them but then deleted them to make space on your oh so small 1tb drive... damn those beautiful graphics and all the gigs they take up 1f624.png

if you already download it and deleted it it will gonna stay in your library.

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 1