Driveclub is being delisted

DEI2EK

1 minute ago, kryptor_kris said:

i cant find the 1st DLC from driveclub " tour " is it on the disc or something ??? i cant find it on the store

i just checked and american store still has everything except for the 1st

It came through a game update according to a list posted in previous pages.

my dlcs + game is in my dl library.

it seems you need to download them through the game am i correct ?

will i still be able to do that after the shut down because it seems i can not log in on my usa psn account for some reason its giving me an error 

making me not possible to download digital 

or does the dlc automaticly being checked off when you install just the game ?

thanks in advance

15 minutes ago, FoxRDT said:

What a bunch of lying twats Sony are... Clearly stating that the content is available until 31/08 at 23:59 and then removing it more than 24 hours beforehand. Assholes.

If you mean for the EU/PAL region, then yeah. DC (digitally), DC:VR (digitally), the Bikes expansion (Add-on) and the rest of the DLC are still up though on the US PS Store, but not for long, I suppose.

Edited by NeoStrayCat
  • Like 1

Given the time the DLC was delisted (about 17.00 GMT on Friday) it makes me think that the necessary staff required to maintain the PS store only work weekdays, so made the decision to remove content and just went home for the weekend. Shocking.

Edited by whittle181

43 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Given the time the DLC was delisted (about 17.00 GMT on Friday) it makes me think that the necessary staff required to maintain the PS store only work weekdays, so made the decision to remove content and just went home for the weekend. Shocking.

Ikr like I'm bad for buying the rest of content too last second before delisting, but I mean the original announcement for server closure was way back earlier in the year, we all had months to buy this stuff and never did. Sony even gave their typical month warning notice on the delisting. At least they tried to let as many people know ahead as possible. Better then other companies that pull things the day of announcing or week of.

• Like 1

This is hilarious. First, they lie about delisting the content on 31/08 at 23:59 BST by removing everything nearly 48 hours before the set deadline.

To add insult to injury, this is what is displayed when you access Tour Mode for the delisted content (pics below)

So I'll always have Driveclub Bikes stuck at 60% completion... This is definitely not the first time Sony screws over their players, we don't get any rewards for loyalty (PS+ getting more expensive and offering 3 times less games being a great example). Maybe I should quit trophies and buy myself a Switch...

1567245228-dsc-0325.jpg1567245240-dsc-0323.jpg

I think I have everything. I checked a few days ago and had one or two free dlcs I needed to redeem in game and there was a bunch of cars that also had the shopping cart icon that were free that I got. Don't have anything that says coming soon right now so I think I'm good. Good thing I checked early. Sony is pretty bad in this sort of thing I mean following on from Fight for Fortune and stuff they kind of screw you. You can't blame the people as while it isn't the wisest to leave it this late to buy the dlc they still followed the statement which CLEARLY said the 31st at 23:59 BST so I would complain to them.

21 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

You won't have them I believe. I owned the season pass and had everything included in that unlocked in-game but those two free DLC's had a lock over them until I went into the store and downloaded them. 

I haven't even started the game on my account, so I've definitely never bought any DLCs in game, yet I don't have any locks over any of them and I can earn trophies these two free sets. The only explanation I can think is that back in the day they were available through the regular store, but even then I can't see them in my download list. Do they show up in your (or anyone else's) download list?

Edit: I just purchased the two free DLCs (Ignition and Photo-Finish) on a US account and it added Driveclub Tour Packs 1 & 2 to my download list. I have these on my main account too, which I guess explains why the DLCs weren't locked for me.

Edited by mekktor
  • Like 1

I'm pretty angry that Sony have removed Driveclub early. I was going to buy the season pass and the bikes add-on today (I bought a physical copy of Driveclub a couple of weeks ago) because I knew they weren't due to be removed until 11.59 tonight. And now Sony go and pull this crap. I see that the season pass and other stuff are still available on the US store. If I create a US account on my UK PS4 and buy the content from the US store, will it be compatible with my European physical version of the game?

34 minutes ago, Sabreman64 said:
I'm pretty angry that Sony have removed Driveclub early. I was going to buy the season pass and the bikes add-on today (I bought a physical copy of Driveclub a couple of weeks ago) because I knew they weren't due to be removed until 11.59 tonight. And now Sony go and pull this crap. I see that the season pass and other stuff are still available on the US store. If I create a US account on my UK PS4 and buy the content from the US store, will it be compatible with my European physical version of the game?

No. DLC is region locked. 

24 minutes ago, Sabreman64 said:

Region locked to the game, not the console? So, you mean I need the US physical version of the game in order to play the US add-on content?

That's correct or buy the digital version from the US store and all the dlc's quickly before they are removed otherwise idk how easy it will be for you to buy a physical copy of driveclub from here unless perhaps you use amazon or ebay.

Edited by Infamousx201
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
5 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Sony had a really good thing. Worst decision ever by Shawn Layden.

What did he even have do with this UK-made game? He was the president of Sony Computer Entertainment America between 2014-2018. Better to blame anything related to Evolution or Driveclub on either the studio itself, Andrew House or Shuhei Yoshida. 

10 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

What did he even have do with this UK-made game? He was the president of Sony Computer Entertainment America between 2014-2018. Better to blame anything related to Evolution or Driveclub on either the studio itself, Andrew House or Shuhei Yoshida. 

You're right. It was SCEE that was in charge of Evo at the time, which was headed by Andrew House.

Edited by Eraezr