Share your boss cheese >: D

can not forget how I randomly stun locked the ninja shadow boss at the great serpent shrine into a double ichimonji, poor guy, just could never recover from it lol. kept spamming the ichimonjis on the dude, and he went down in like less than a minute. don't know if its replicable - will try it out again in my new game plus playthrough. I think it was coz I baited him out back into the forest coz the first time he destroyed me when we fought in the temple. In the trees and bushes he gets a bit confused lol. 

On 03/04/2019 at 1:51 AM, nudoetcrudo said:

You can eat it and it will refill your energy for quite some time (like 30 sec). The mochi should have the same effect. The snow (the rice the Child gives you after being sick) is even stronger. It is the best healing item in the game after the gourds.

Outside combat you can give it to the old lady you find in various places and she'll give you hints about the puzzles to find the snake fruits.

Rice is one of the strongest healing items in the game, while it does less healing immediately than a gourd it keeps you healing for almost as long as a pellet. Is especially useful during the final parts of the final phases of boss fights, when bosses tend to get unnecessarily aggressive in this game. There have been multiple occasions - especially with great owl, demon of hatred, isshin and a couple of minibosses where I ended up using the rice (which later  after recieving the frozen tears become s fine snow which is completely insane!) and I didnt die despite getting hit by an entire combo, coz I was healing faster than I was taking damage. also its infinitely replenishable, just go back to the divine child, and just ask him for more once youve used it.... you do need to have travelled a couple of times, before the harvest happens... One of the most underrated consumables in the game - of course the sweet rice ball is one of the best items, but you only have access to it for a very small window, and it is infinitely replenishable during that time coz its like snow + gokun's sugar.

22 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

O'rin - pre 1.03 patch.

Draw her to the idol. As she backs up she can get stuck next to rock. R1 spam and drain that posture.

1 minute ago, phoenix_shade said:

When i did it I stood on the rock and kept overhand smashing her

I did not know the effectiveness of combat arts like Ichimonji and Whirlwind blade till NG+. :|

On 4/26/2019 at 7:56 PM, AndyKazama said:

O'rin - pre 1.03 patch.

Draw her to the idol. As she backs up she can get stuck next to rock. R1 spam and drain that posture.

Went against her in version 1.04 and it doesn't seem like you can get her stuck in the area past the bridge anymore as she spawns samurai ghosts and those tiny undead villagers which keeps you from getting near her. Haven't tried luring her to the water mill idol though

19 hours ago, slc1392 said:

Went against her in version 1.04 and it doesn't seem like you can get her stuck in the area past the bridge anymore as she spawns samurai ghosts and those tiny undead villagers which keeps you from getting near her. Haven't tried luring her to the water mill idol though

Any cheeses I did (Rin was my biggest, was a total novice at this point) were pre 1.04. I think most cheeses are patched now 

2 hours ago, AndyKazama said:

Any cheeses I did (Rin was my biggest, was a total novice at this point) were pre 1.04. I think most cheeses are patched now 

Same. Not sure what else was patched since 1.04. Good thing I don't need to really face her now

14 hours ago, Maverick6146 said:

One of the major changes is that you cannot assassinate corrupted monk in fountainhead palace any more.

You can actually get her stuck to the very right part of the cliff/rocks just before you walk on the bridge (from the entrance). Once you get her first life, you can then do a deathblow from the branch for the second life and then the good ol' fireworks + 3 hits for the third

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...