TheTominator007

Server Shutdown 31 Mar 2020; Delisted 31 Aug 2019

10 posts in this topic

PS4/PlayStation VR – DRIVECLUB, DRIVECLUB VR and DRIVECLUB Bikes 

Online servers for DRIVECLUB, DRIVECLUB VR and DRIVECLUB Bikes will shut down on 31st March 2020, 23:59 BST. All online features (including online multiplayer modes) will cease on that date. You will still be able to play and enjoy these games in single player offline modes. However, the games have significant amounts of online gameplay, so from 31st March 2020, functionality will be affected in the following ways:

You will not be able to:

• Use your season pass online.
  • Represent your Club online in multiplayer events or tours.
  • Play online multiplayer and compete in challenges.
  • Create your own events.
  • Compete in leader boards, or share stats and player progress.

You will be able to:

• Use your season pass on all single player and offline modes. 
  • Continue to play all game (DC, DC VR and DC Bikes) and DLC single player functionality in offline mode.
  • Earn trophies in single player / offline mode.

PlayStation will cease selling DRIVECLUB, DRIVECLUB VR, DRIVECLUB Bikes and all DLC and season passes related to those games from 31st August 2019, at 23:59 BST.

Will that make the platinum unobtainable? There's no DLC trophies and the game can be bought physically, so it's doesn't look as that big problem as in DC and DC Bikes case.

1 hour ago, Varhur said:

Will that make the platinum unobtainable? There's no DLC trophies and the game can be bought physically, so it's doesn't look as that big problem as in DC and DC Bikes case.

There is two. Winning 2 of the challenges that you sent to another person and complete 5 races online. Both can be shaved in 1 hour (minimum time for a challenge being online), but it will become unattainable after the servers shutdown. 

For the trophy of the 5 events in multiplayer, are the servers populated At the moment? 

If tomorrow i will try them, will i find People? 

19 hours ago, ElBolovo said:

There is two. Winning 2 of the challenges that you sent to another person and complete 5 races online. Both can be shaved in 1 hour (minimum time for a challenge being online), but it will become unattainable after the servers shutdown. 

Oh well.... Buying it for when i'll maybe have a VR set cancelled.

Servers seem empty. 

Trying to to get some contacts to finish this before it’s turned off. 

On 4/2/2019 at 0:34 PM, Varhur said:

Oh well.... Buying it for when i'll maybe have a VR set cancelled.

This is a really great VR game; I wouldn't let the possibility of not getting two bronzes scare you off. Plus, with it being discontinued it will go up in price quite a bit in the future - you certainly won't lose any money buying it (I bought a physical copy new for $15).

On 02/04/2019 at 1:55 PM, verorip said:

For the trophy of the 5 events in multiplayer, are the servers populated At the moment? 

If tomorrow i will try them, will i find People? 

I did it few days ago, without any problem, I did 2 first races online without any players, I was alone in the race, then 2 online players suddenly appear for my 3 next online races, and the trophy has pop.

EDIT 07/02/2020: i have tried again to play multiplayer races, to see if it can unlock the very glitchy trophy about the 2 challenges, and i didn't manage to enter any online race. This game has really horrible online server...

On 01/04/2019 at 10:42 PM, ElBolovo said:

1 hour for the 2 challenges trophies, yes that's true if servers were working correctly, but the fact is I already tried 20 challenges in 5 days, and so far i have only received one notifcation for a challenge won

Edited by Sombroff

4 hours ago, Sombroff said:

I did it few days ago, without any problem, I did 2 first races online without any players, I was alone in the race, then 2 online players suddenly appear for my 3 next online races, and the trophy has pop.

1 hour for the 2 challenges trophies, yes that's true if servers were working correctly, but the fact is I already tried 20 challenges in 5 days, and so far i have only received one notifcation for a challenge won

So you actually get notifications when you win a challenge? In the base game, there are two challenges that I'm at the top when it expired, but I never got any notifications, and the trophy never popped.

5 hours ago, the_maple_gunman said:

So you actually get notifications when you win a challenge? In the base game, there are two challenges that I'm at the top when it expired, but I never got any notifications, and the trophy never popped.

What I do is create a new challenge, I play it with my main account with a good score, then I play it with my alt account with a bad score, then just hope for this trophy to automatically unlock few days later.

Accord to my experience there is bug 90% of the time for this trophy, so just keep trying everyday untill to get it.

So far among my ~20 challenges won, the game has only recognized one, you will have a message in the game telling you "challenge expired, you won it", I did it thanks to the BHR race, even I won this challenge 3 days ago, the game only sent me notification about it yesterday.