Is this game worth getting

firefoe2

If you loved Dark souls and bloodborne: buy sekiro

If you didn't: buy sekiro

In all seriousness, the game is great overall and is straight up addictive. It's pretty much the perfect mix of Dark souls and Nioh while taking the best aspects of both those games and putting them together in the fromsoft formula. If you enjoyed either of those games you will love this one. Game can be hard as nails and frustrating sometimes, so definitely be prepared for that. If you're up for that kind of challenge then by all means: go for it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cobby said:

Maybe it is, maybe it's not. You won't know till you get it and you try and you form your own opinion on it ... 

Exactly what I feel everytime someone asks this same question like a thousand times here....

It's why we have rentals too...

Welp there are plenty reviews at this point and from many different perspectives so just go to YT and check it out, but yeah if you don't have prior experience with any of the games made by this studio then it might be harsh like really harsh, balls crushing harsh. And as an extra be prepared to go into the whole thing solo, no hand holding, it's a singleplayer experience.

Edited by YROSHIKU
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 0:44 AM, firefoe2 said:

Hi people is this game worth getting 

First off when you start a topic at least reply to some of the gamers giving you replies.

Secondly I see you haven't play any Souls, Nioh or Bloodborne so it's not your cup of tea.

Don't buy it unless you willing to die over and over. I don't have the game myself but definitely going to get it that's after I finish Bloodborne Platinum which is kicking my ass.

It's a bland game in my opinion. Very boring combat, okay boss design, okay music, okay story. For me, been an average journey and I've beaten almost everything except for Demon and the final boss because I just couldn't be bothered anymore. Also don't understand how people say that you need to buy the game first youself. What do these people not comprehend about "getting the game"? Would be kind of futile for OP to have to buy the game to find out if he should buy the game.

Edited by STARLOVE

58 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

Secondly I see you haven't play any Souls, Nioh or Bloodborne so it's not your cup of tea

I have a friend who didn't like any Soulsborne game, because the combat is bland and now he is really into Sekiro. Also I have seen dozens of people, that are into Soulsborne and Sekiro just haven't "clicked" for them.

I also haven't played a true Souls game. I also deeply regret buying BB at launch and trying it again when it was added to ps+.

Sekiro's parry system feels like what they tried to do with the gun parry system in BB but in a much more decisive way.  Even the prosthetic tools better fill the counter mechanic in BB. BB was a halfstep while Sekiro is a real commitment to something new.