Worse than the original?

so many problems with this game from the audio to the game just freezing and the graphics theres no real difference imo maybe few % thats it , im sure when i played it on xbox 360 it was actually better ,  anybody thinking the same?

Edited by FresHOnline_

10 minutes ago, XilixiR said:

what you expect? full 4K graphics from an ps3 game which had graphic limits? lol 

i expected the remaster to look better than the original lol more like a demaster but i see your point, it feel like the audio is all over the place aswell when your going through cities i dunno man i expected more i guess , even the ezio collection did a better job than this imo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shananiganyo said:

Left is the originalD2rOZTqX4AU7ikP.pngD2rOZTqWkAUokww.png

This. Nothing but this. From the moment I started this game I've been thinking nothing but how absolutely terrible the people look. Like they're made out of play-doh and the eyes...jesus fucking christ the eyes. 

---------------------------

Gameplay hasn't seemed to have been improved either. Whenever I use the bow Connor double shoots. You have to tap :r2: to shoot and immediately let go of :l2: or else you're going to run out of arrows in seconds. The movement is as annoying as I remember, but it's easy enough to get used to. The need to hold :r2: to run should have been eliminated. I haven't run up a random tree, building, or invisible wall in years, and you know what? Didn't miss it one bit. If you screwed up in Origins/Odyssey it was your fault, but in these games it's just bad design. (this is not a case of "you're used to new things" as this was a common complaint for years before Origins came out.)

I haven't noticed any audio issues or freezing though. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

This. Nothing but this. From the moment I started this game I've been thinking nothing but how absolutely terrible the people look. Like they're made out of play-doh and the eyes...jesus fucking christ the eyes. 

---------------------------

Gameplay hasn't seemed to have been improved either. Whenever I use the bow Connor double shoots. You have to tap :r2: to shoot and immediately let go of :l2: or else you're going to run out of arrows in seconds. The movement is as annoying as I remember, but it's easy enough to get used to. The need to hold :r2: to run should have been eliminated. I haven't run up a random tree, building, or invisible wall in years, and you know what? Didn't miss it one bit. If you screwed up in Origins/Odyssey it was your fault, but in these games it's just bad design. (this is not a case of "you're used to new things" as this was a common complaint for years before Origins came out.)

I haven't noticed any audio issues or freezing though. 

It's possible to screw up in Origins/Odyssey? Climbing in those games is even more baby mode than it is in all the AC games before it. You're never getting something like a peg leg mission or an AC2/Brotherhood tomb because the climbing in Origins/Odyssey is so braindead simple and broken it'd be impossible to create one that you cant just cheese by scaling all the walls like Spiderman.

• Like 1

Just now, madbuk said:

It's possible to screw up in Origins/Odyssey? Climbing in those games is even more baby mode than it is in all the AC games before it. You're never getting something like a peg leg mission or an AC2/Brotherhood tomb because the climbing in Origins/Odyssey is so braindead simple and broken it'd be impossible to create one that you cant just cheese by scaling all the walls like Spiderman.

I'm not going to entertain the idea of poor design making the climbing in other games better. Especially when you just stated the fact that it's easier, but leave out that it's by ironing out the problems in the mechanics. Yeah the tombs from other games required some thought, but let's not pretend half of the fails weren't because of jumping in completely wrong directions, climbing random objects, or the numerous other things that could go wrong simply because you had to hold :r2: to run. 

Of course it would be possible. Just because they didn't put them in didn't mean it isn't possible. I remember a good deal of the things from previous games requiring an obstacle course of sorts so just "scaling a wall" wouldn't work. Especially if you had a time limit. Funny thing is even though there are probably similar obstacles...you think they are baby mode because the mechanics around moving were smoothed out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I'm not going to entertain the idea of poor design making the climbing in other games better. Especially when you just stated the fact that it's easier, but leave out that it's by ironing out the problems in the mechanics. Yeah the tombs from other games required some thought, but let's not pretend half of the fails weren't because of jumping in completely wrong directions, climbing random objects, or the numerous other things that could go wrong simply because you had to hold :r2: to run. 

Of course it would be possible. Just because they didn't put them in didn't mean it isn't possible. I remember a good deal of the things from previous games requiring an obstacle course of sorts so just "scaling a wall" wouldn't work. Especially if you had a time limit. Funny thing is even though there are probably similar obstacles...you think they are baby mode because the mechanics around moving were smoothed out. 

The problem is that everything in Origins/Odyssey is climbable. You can't make an obstacle course when the whole system is as broken as it is.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

DvVt49SX4AAszr2.jpg:large

DvVth3BX0AIXX8k.jpg:large

DWvfM1NW0AIK3dG.jpg:large

Shit like this wouldn't be possible in any game prior to Origins because they actually have specific ledges for you to climb, which is why obstacle courses are possible in the first place without being horridly broken and cheesable.

In AC3 at least, been a while since I played the others (but I think its the same), holding R2 doesnt make you jump around in random directions. You need to press x to jump while running if you're on the ground, and while climbing, you'll move to other available ledges depending on where you're holding the analogue stick. You wont just jump off to your doom.

I know people have problems with AC2 and Brotherhood because, for some reason, they decide it's a wise idea to hold X while climbing, which causes Ezio to jump backwards because you're not supposed to do that, and then they blame the game. As far as I can tell that shouldn't be an issue in 3 though, and it's not really an issue at all, it's user error.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

The problem is that everything in Origins/Odyssey is climbable. You can't make an obstacle course when the whole system is as broken as it is.

Shit like this wouldn't be possible in any game prior to Origins because they actually have specific ledges for you to climb, which is why obstacle courses are possible in the first place without being horridly broken and cheesable.

In AC3 at least, been a while since I played the others (but I think its the same), holding R2 doesnt make you jump around in random directions. You need to press x to jump while running if you're on the ground, and while climbing, you'll move to other available ledges depending on where you're holding the analogue stick. You wont just jump off to your doom.

I know people have problems with AC2 and Brotherhood because, for some reason, they decide it's a wise idea to hold X while climbing, which causes Ezio to jump backwards because you're not supposed to do that, and then they blame the game. As far as I can tell that shouldn't be an issue in 3 though, and it's not really an issue at all, it's user error.

So your only issue is that more things are climbable. That's somewhat understandable, but to me? I got tired of seeing things an assassin should have been able to climb and not being able to. If you liked having a forced route for just climbable objects then cool. But there are tons of people out there that free climb like what we've seen. And there are people who don't like the obvious things to climb so not highlighting or having a different color signifying a little rock to grab doesn't bother me. That's how I justified the ability to free climb in Origins/Odyssey. I can't remember the name of the tombs but there was one in an Ezio game where you had to reach an area high up in the middle. Scaling a wall wouldn't have worked there and even in Origins/Odyssey you still need shit to climb. There are some places where you can't jump to or climb on buildings you had to maneuver to a side where there was something to grab.

Yes AC3 does need to have :cross: pressed for some things I believe but it doesn't overshadow that :r2:  needing to be held for a lot of traveling will dick you over. You also have to fight the camera too. I don't know why people, not you specifically, think the more inputs necessary for a simple action makes a game better than one where a simple tilt of the analog is sufficient. I've seen numerous complaints of simplified controls...wtf do people want? In order to run you need to hold the :r2: while pressing :square: and :circle: for left foot/right foot and if you screw the timing you land on your ass?

User error that is only there because of poor design choice. They took out the poor choices and now users don't mess up unless it's on them. It's right there in the games and it seems like you're noticing that, but ignoring it for the sake of your disdain of more climbable surfaces. I don't let my severe hatred for choices being given out in Odyssey influence my thoughts about it being an actually good game.

In the case of AC3, as the thread is about, there are in fact some things that do seem worse than the original. Some the same and some things that were said to be revamped that just don't seem like it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I dunno why but the graphics look better to me I think someone mixed up ur screen grabs cause the crap ones are from the old one lol

I'd like to play the game you're playing lol. The image on the right posted by @shananiganyo is what I'm encountering. Everyone looks like strung out play-doh models.

Should have called it Assassin's Creed III Renightmared xD

• Like 2

These remasters need to be more than just some lazy retouching of the graphics.

I was disappointed in the Ezio trilogy because all Ubisoft did was make the graphics a bit more clear and crisp. The games were locked in at 30 frames per second and the game mechanics weren't improved in any way shape or form.

The best thing about these remasters is there's no multiplayer. You just have to do what was initially DLC content in the original games, including that dreadful Lost Archive DLC in Revelations which was rather frustrating.

Re-release the same games, make more profit. That's Ubisoft's way of treating one of their flagship franchises.

9 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

I've had the colors glitch out on me. On one of the ship missions everything went white and I couldn't see anything.

Also the end of the Fort Wolcott mission was way too black and again couldn't see a thing.

I just took out a fort in the Frontier and it was nearly unplayable because this bright orange smoke covered the entire fucking thing. I couldn't even stealth it I just had to wreck everyone in there so I could get around.

I'm actually astounded that this was given the green light to be released. PS1 Lara Croft laughs at play-doh Haytham.

14 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I'm actually astounded that this was given the green light to be released. PS1 Lara Croft laughs at play-doh Haytham.

I didn't know Lara Croft as she looked back in 1996 would look better than Haythem Kenway, who looked pretty good and menacing in the original Assassins Creed 3.

On 3/31/2019 at 1:56 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

So your only issue is that more things are climbable. That's somewhat understandable, but to me? I got tired of seeing things an assassin should have been able to climb and not being able to. If you liked having a forced route for just climbable objects then cool. But there are tons of people out there that free climb like what we've seen. And there are people who don't like the obvious things to climb so not highlighting or having a different color signifying a little rock to grab doesn't bother me. That's how I justified the ability to free climb in Origins/Odyssey. I can't remember the name of the tombs but there was one in an Ezio game where you had to reach an area high up in the middle. Scaling a wall wouldn't have worked there and even in Origins/Odyssey you still need shit to climb. There are some places where you can't jump to or climb on buildings you had to maneuver to a side where there was something to grab.

That was a big cathedral in Assassins Creed 2 where you had to keep climbing up and up to get the seal. They were necessary for getting the best armor in the game.

On 3/31/2019 at 1:56 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Yes AC3 does need to have :cross: pressed for some things I believe but it doesn't overshadow that :r2:  needing to be held for a lot of traveling will dick you over. You also have to fight the camera too. I don't know why people, not you specifically, think the more inputs necessary for a simple action makes a game better than one where a simple tilt of the analog is sufficient. I've seen numerous complaints of simplified controls...wtf do people want? In order to run you need to hold the :r2: while pressing :square: and :circle: for left foot/right foot and if you screw the timing you land on your ass?

User error that is only there because of poor design choice. They took out the poor choices and now users don't mess up unless it's on them. It's right there in the games and it seems like you're noticing that, but ignoring it for the sake of your disdain of more climbable surfaces. I don't let my severe hatred for choices being given out in Odyssey influence my thoughts about it being an actually good game.

In the case of AC3, as the thread is about, there are in fact some things that do seem worse than the original. Some the same and some things that were said to be revamped that just don't seem like it.

In other words, they just streamlined the climbing aspect.

I can understand people bitching about Assassins Creed 2/Brotherhood because as Madbuk said, pressing X would often have Ezio jumping to the opposite side, forcing you to climb back up and may possibly have you fail an optional objective. They changed this in Assassins Creed 3 and it made you use :r1: through Black Flag and Rogue.

The control scheme is a bit different on the PlayStation 4. You have to hold down :r2:, it's the Playstation 3 that has you holding :r1:.

They just made everything easier. After the backlash Ubisoft had with Assassins Creed 3 and Unity, they took a year's break after the released Syndicate and came out with Origins which plays completely differently. But I feel there are a number of aspects that have been lost.

In short, I won't be wasting my money with this Assassins Creed 3 remaster, or Liberation for that matter.

Edited by Spaz

I hadn't played AC3 since it was originally released, but the characters looked off, thanks for confirming that with the pictures. I've had no audio problems, but lots of graphic glitches like when walking thru the snow, the snow was disappearing and revealing the textures underneath with each step, in a large area.

No problems with controls, I do like the Origins/Odyssey climbing. You don't have to fight with the controls anymore, which was the biggest problem up until those games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I didn't know Lara Croft as she looked back in 1996 would look better than Haythem Kenway, who looked pretty good and menacing in the original Assassins Creed 3.

I don't think anyone would have seen it coming. ?

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

That was a big cathedral in Assassins Creed 2 where you had to keep climbing up and up to get the seal. They were necessary for getting the best armor in the game.

I remember what it was for I just can't remember the names of any of them. The only name that always stands out is Hagia Sofia lol.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

In other words, they just streamlined the climbing aspect.

I can understand people bitching about Assassins Creed 2/Brotherhood because as Madbuk said, pressing X would often have Ezio jumping to the opposite side, forcing you to climb back up and may possibly have you fail an optional objective. They changed this in Assassins Creed 3 and it made you use :r1: through Black Flag and Rogue.

The control scheme is a bit different on the PlayStation 4. You have to hold down :r2:, it's the Playstation 3 that has you holding :r1:.

They just made everything easier. After the backlash Ubisoft had with Assassins Creed 3 and Unity, they took a year's break after the released Syndicate and came out with Origins which plays completely differently. But I feel there are a number of aspects that have been lost.

In short, I won't be wasting my money with this Assassins Creed 3 remaster, or Liberation for that matter.

There's nothing really wrong with streamlining if it means that poor design choices made it a better experience. The choice to make the run button the same for how you climb was not a smart choice. I'll admit when I read the movement in the newer games would be controlled by the force of your tilt I was skeptical because it didn't register to me that it would work the way it does. 

Aspects lost and aspects gained, however, it all depends on the player on whether they like what we've gained or not. Personally, the freedom of movement in the newer games I feel is superior, and they did much better than when they tried to advance the movement with Unity. The combat has changed over time as well and because people complained that the kill streaks made the games easier they were taken away and we were given the most boring combat we've ever had with Syndicate. AC Odyssey has some of the smartest AI enemies I've faced and the freedom of the new combat system allows users to have multiple different play styles. No other game had enemies that could set up traps on the fly like the Mercenaries do. 

Honestly I don't blame you for not wasting time with these remasters. I haven't played Liberation but if it's on the same level as 3 then it's going to be inferior to the original. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

There's nothing really wrong with streamlining if it means that poor design choices made it a better experience. The choice to make the run button the same for how you climb was not a smart choice. I'll admit when I read the movement in the newer games would be controlled by the force of your tilt I was skeptical because it didn't register to me that it would work the way it does. 

Aspects lost and aspects gained, however, it all depends on the player on whether they like what we've gained or not. Personally, the freedom of movement in the newer games I feel is superior, and they did much better than when they tried to advance the movement with Unity. The combat has changed over time as well and because people complained that the kill streaks made the games easier they were taken away and we were given the most boring combat we've ever had with Syndicate. AC Odyssey has some of the smartest AI enemies I've faced and the freedom of the new combat system allows users to have multiple different play styles. No other game had enemies that could set up traps on the fly like the Mercenaries do. 

Honestly I don't blame you for not wasting time with these remasters. I haven't played Liberation but if it's on the same level as 3 then it's going to be inferior to the original. 

I must be one of the few who didn't mind that control scheme in Assassins Creed Black Flag.

What we must take note of is Ubisoft was paying attention after the huge backlash that Unity received. At least with Black Flag there was a lot of water terrain with a scattering of islands, big and small. Even if Edward Kenway did run up a tree unintentionally, which happened a lot when I played through it, it wasn't as frustrating as jumping to the opposite side with X in Assassins Creed 2/Brotherhood, or running around with Arno jumping from building to building in Unity.

However with Unity people realized that control scheme wasn't working out all too well. I just did some co-op with somebody I was boosting with the other night and I found myself climbing all sorts of buildings and getting into places I didn't want to go. Getting into open windows is still a pain, and while Unity isn't quite as bad as it was when it first came out, the controls are one of the biggest flaws of that game. The story was also boring and Arno isn't a guy to really be excited about.

Syndicate gave us the Frye twins, Evie and Jacob. Ubisoft made the climbing and the overall ease a lot better, and using that zip line to go from one place to another was quite fun. Going up Big Ben and then seeing all of London's landmarks was enjoyable, and the story was better. More lighthearted compared to the overall seriousness of Unity. The combat in Syndicate was much more doable, you can't say it is worse than Unity, which I will still say has the worst combat of all the games in the series. Unless you count the original Assassins Creed, but that was strictly a stealth game.

Odyssey I feel tries real hard to be like a RPG. It is also the longest and most time consuming game in the entire series, and I very much think in a way it is simply too big. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is big but it is a RPG from the ground up, and it implements a lot of quests and side activities extremely well. Ubisoft has also taken the dialogue design from The Witcher 3 and other games. This is fine, I have no real problem with it, but in ways I feel the game isn't all too recognizable in staying to the theme that made Assassins Creed famous.

I can't judge the story of Origins and Odyssey since I haven't played them through, but the story and the correlation between past and present is what separated Assassins Creed from other game franchises. I don't think anybody cares about the present day storyline anymore after they killed off Desmond Miles at the end of Assassins Creed 3. In Syndicate you simply watch cutscenes of Rebecca Crane and Shaun Hastings, the two remaining present day Assassins that are still around as they avoid Templar thugs and go on their own mishaps. I couldn't give two shits about Bishop, she was just thrown in there to pad the story a bit.

I would like to see those glyphs from Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood make a comeback. Those were easily some of my favorite features in those games, being able to find a Piece of Eden hidden amongst the historical pictures and text.

As far as the Assassins Creed 3 remaster goes, I can see it is another shitty attempt to touch up the graphics a bit and it is just lazy. I don't consider Liberation to be one of the main flagship games in the franchise but do we really need three different versions of the game?

It's just hilarious how Ubisoft can screw up the graphics and make certain aspects of the game be worse than they were in the original. This remaster is worse than the Ezio trilogy in that regard.

Edited by Spaz

Ok guys, I just got off the phone with ubisoft. They said an intern saved the wrong files to the version that got released. They're going to patch it.

Also, the intern, the guy that hired the intern, and the intern's parents all got sacked.

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I'd like to play the game you're playing lol. The image on the right posted by @shananiganyo is what I'm encountering. Everyone looks like strung out play-doh models.

Should have called it Assassin's Creed III Renightmared xD

The only issue I've had is needing to adjust the brightness a couple times cause some things are to dark or to bright but that's nothing new to me I have vision problems as for the character models the only problem I've seen is a couple people's eyes look Abit to shiny but it's only certain people

16 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

The only issue I've had is needing to adjust the brightness a couple times cause some things are to dark or to bright but that's nothing new to me I have vision problems as for the character models the only problem I've seen is a couple people's eyes look Abit to shiny but it's only certain people

Consider yourself lucky.

I've had audio level drops, an audio track that never stopped playing, snow terrain clipping, and a cut scene that forgot to play and I'm only on sequence 3.

Pretty sad quality being associated with Odyssey.