Worse than the original?

Thought it was a too good deal to get both Liberation annnnd AC3 from the Gold Edition. Guess its just a shitty half assed remaster/port that probably sell terrible or become a complete laughing stock. At least Liberation looks decent. Now I know the recent AC games look amazing in detail no doubt but I kinda like the bigger character design in the older AC games than the latest ones in like Origin and Odd where you see more around you but your character is smaller.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

3 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Thought it was a too good deal to get both Liberation annnnd AC3 from the Gold Edition. Guess its just a shitty half assed remaster/port that probably sell terrible or become a complete laughing stock. At least Liberation looks decent. Now I know the recent AC games look amazing in detail no doubt but I kinda like the bigger character design in the older AC games than the latest ones in like Origin and Odd where you see more around you but your character is smaller.

Doesn't matter if Ubisoft hires some crappy interns. They'll just hire the next group of disposable workers who won't even make a dent in Ubisoft's profits.

I don't think they care about their older games. As long as a few people out there buy the remasters and it gets them money, that's really all that matters as they're already working on the next Assassins Creed game. Which we probably won't hear anything about it for a while.

The Assassins Creed 3 remaster looks awful. I don't normally harp on graphics since I'm not a guy who is easily swayed by graphics but they did a shitty job porting it over to the Playstation 4. It's a shitty half ass attempt.

• Like 1

Anyone have problems with Sequence 7? I was on the "Follow the counterfeiter" mission, and I simply couldn't do the mobile eavesdropping (I failed the stationary one as well because it just flat out bugged out and auto-failed it). I looked up a video of the PS3 version on YouTube for hints, and in the PS4 version, there were crowds missing, there was zero places to blend. The only way I was able to complete it was to hide for a few seconds at the start then catch up, and at that point, they weren't talking. It was dead silence, but it passed it anyways.

Then in the 2nd last part of the sequence, when you're running thru a battlefield being shot at, once I got to the end (the large fallen tree right before the encampment), there were zero audio or visual cues as to when they were firing. I checked the video again and there was clearly a visual cue as to when it was safe, but it was missing from the PS4 version. I eventually passed it just by taking a random chance.

1 hour ago, Caesar Clown said:

Anyone have problems with Sequence 7? I was on the "Follow the counterfeiter" mission, and I simply couldn't do the mobile eavesdropping (I failed the stationary one as well because it just flat out bugged out and auto-failed it). I looked up a video of the PS3 version on YouTube for hints, and in the PS4 version, there were crowds missing, there was zero places to blend. The only way I was able to complete it was to hide for a few seconds at the start then catch up, and at that point, they weren't talking. It was dead silence, but it passed it anyways.

If I'm remembering the section right, I had trouble with it as well. For some reason when I'd start following the 2 people one of the guys would act like he got bumped at random times and would spot me. The reason why I think it's the same mission is the dead silence part of your post. I followed them to the end of the section and there was zero dialogue, but it passed me anyways.

1 hour ago, Caesar Clown said:

Then in the 2nd last part of the sequence, when you're running thru a battlefield being shot at, once I got to the end (the large fallen tree right before the encampment), there were zero audio or visual cues as to when they were firing. I checked the video again and there was clearly a visual cue as to when it was safe, but it was missing from the PS4 version. I eventually passed it just by taking a random chance.

Had trouble here too. Almost as if none of the clues happened when they were supposed to. I ended up hugging the very left side of the field and nothing hit me at all. Almost as if the game wasn't designed to have anything that could harm you reach that part of the map.

Ubisoft have been really poor lately. Like Watch Dogs 2 online which was broken at launch and never got fixed... The lazy Far Cry 3 classic, how did they not notice the deadzone was bad? And they never fixed the input lag issue.. The Crew 2 which for me was completely ruined by the ridiculous rubberbanding AI, many people complaining about it and Ubisoft ignore it. The bad audio on AC Origins that many complained about and Ubisoft ignored it. The Splinter Cell Blacklist challenges issues where trying to tell them the issue is like talking to Sloth from Goonies. And now this bad remaster where some of the issues will probably never get fixed. Some people need a good slap at Ubisoft. 

At least I have the original Assassins Creed 3. Pretty sad how that looks a lot better than the remaster. 

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Ubisoft have been really poor lately. Like Watch Dogs 2 online which was broken at launch and never got fixed... The lazy Far Cry 3 classic, how did they not notice the deadzone was bad? And they never fixed the input lag issue.. The Crew 2 which for me was completely ruined by the ridiculous rubberbanding AI, many people complaining about it and Ubisoft ignore it. The bad audio on AC Origins that many complained about and Ubisoft ignored it. The Splinter Cell Blacklist challenges issues where trying to tell them the issue is like talking to Sloth from Goonies. And now this bad remaster where some of the issues will probably never get fixed. Some people need a good slap at Ubisoft. 

I basically wait until all DLC and updates are out before I play a Ubisoft game. 

Like with Call of Duty and Battlefield, there are enough idiots out there who buy a game Day 1 and then wonder why a part of it is broken. 

When you’re as big as Ubisoft, they’re fine with selling crap as long as it sells. 

They are the Walmart of the video game industry.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I had every bug & glitch everyone mentioned in this thread, especially the freezing issue was happening way too often. Not to mention it not saving my progress with side mission & collectibles in the DLC. Ubisoft didn't do a good job AT ALL making this "remaster". I had a way better experience playing the Xbox 360 version. Also, what's up with their eyes?! This game doesn't look good graphically compared to the original.

Is the Ezio Collection as bad as AC3 Remastered? Because I was eyeing it but now I'm not sure if I want it...

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2020 at 9:48 PM, PXNKCAT said:

I had every bug & glitch everyone mentioned in this thread, especially the freezing issue was happening way too often. Not to mention it not saving my progress with side mission & collectibles in the DLC. Ubisoft didn't do a good job AT ALL making this "remaster". I had a way better experience playing the Xbox 360 version. Also, what's up with their eyes?! This game doesn't look good graphically compared to the original.

Is the Ezio Collection as bad as AC3 Remastered? Because I was eyeing it but now I'm not sure if I want it...

Feat not, the Ezio collection is excellent. And 3 platinums on one disc, and the 3 best games of the series, you can’t go wrong. 

On 11/2/2020 at 0:56 AM, ziggypop_79 said:

Feat not, the Ezio collection is excellent. And 3 platinums on one disc, and the 3 best games of the series, you can’t go wrong. 

Good to know. I'm a fan of the franchise, and I hope that collection doesn't let me down. After all, the Ezio games were the best written and directed from old-gen to me.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

The graphics are a downgrade from the original. One place this is really noticeable is when I was doing the full sync for Battle Of Bunker Hill. When I played the original I got it first try, in the remaster everything is so bright that when you get close to the objective the entire side of the screen you need to be watching just turns an orange-yellow color and you can't see the enemies you're aiming for. It was so bad I had to change my brightness settings and that didn't help at all. As someone else said, I got so bored trying to figure out what I was doing wrong I watched a video, and then I realized that you were supposed to be able to see the other half of the screen. It wouldn't have been so bad if there was also an audio clue.

To make matters even worse this I bought this, odyssey, and origins all during the same sale. I bought AC3 first and got the other two when I got paid, only to find out that odyssey or origins(not sure which and I bought both at the same time) have AC3 as part of the season pass. I've bought games in the past that I've regretted buying but I've always had a little fun with a game. But this. This game has been nothing but a chore from the start. I get the feeling they decided that most people would be getting the game from the season pass for free so the devs just lied to the higher-ups about actually working on the game. This was worse than the PS3 port of San Andreas. It really pisses me off because I loved the original.

• 7 months later...
On 02.11.2020 at 0:56 AM, ziggypop_79 said:

Feat not, the Ezio collection is excellent. 

What?? AC2 remaster worse than AC3 remaster. At least AC3 improved some things, only real downgrade is facial illumination. While AC2 remaster didnt improve anything, just f-ed up visuals