Wavergray

Are Ultra Rare Platinum Trophies Important To You?

Are Ultra Rare Platinum Trophies Important?   205 members have voted

1. 1. Are Ultra Rare Platinum Trophies Important?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

109 posts in this topic

Simple question, are platinum trophies that are ultra rare based on PSNP rarity important to you?

If yes why?
If no why?

Yeah, I don't judge people by their trophies, but I don't really consider a 30%+ plat, because I think it should be difficult, to show how much you like a game.

I just play games I think I’ll like and any ultra rares are just a coincidence. But I’d like to challenge myself a bit more and get out of the routine of putting off a game just because it has a super low %. Quite a few URs aren’t necessarily even hard as such, often they’re just grindy. I’ve found some UR plats to be much easier than something like the Arkham games (off the top of my head, Asylum is 15% or so?). To answer the question I guess I’m in between. 

2 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

PSNP's rarity is shit, it doesn't count all players in the world. It's better to look to the PSN average.

Almost everything seems to be ultra rare according to PSN though 😄

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

@UltraRareBoy 3,2,1: go!

I think they are because it feels nice to have a platinum that only few people have. Let's say 0.18% MeatBoy 327 achievers or 0.68% Wolfenstein II 360 achievers.

Edited by UltraRareBoy

Not a huge deal to me, but I am admittedly proud of my Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories plat on PS3 which is my one Ultra Rare. However, each week it gets closer to that 5% mark as I see more and more folks here are collecting Kingdom Hearts plats in light of the most recent entry's release, so very soon I'll have none. Still proud of it though, was a fooking nightmare to get and I'm not surprised that it was Ultra Rare!

12 minutes ago, Darkette said:

How is it better to base a rarity which includes people that don’t even care for trophies, than one that includes the majority of trophy hunters? Explain pls.

Exactly. I find that the PSNP rarity is much more accurate than PSN's. ShkKZjB.gif If I went by PSN's rarity, I think half my collection would be UR. xD 

As for the main topic... yes, I value my UR trophies. However I won't start just any game just because it has a UR plat or something, it'd have to be something I enjoy a lot. I don't go out hunting them on purpose either, if something I'm playing happens to have UR trophies that I get, awesome, but it's not a big deal if they don't either. Yes, I realize that statement sounds a bit contradicting. :P 

Nah, rarity don't matter. It isn't like your mom's gonna make me an extra sammich because less than 5 percent of people earned a trophy.

Posted (edited)

No but nice to have a couple I guess.

Why?  Don't care about rarity.  All I care about is simply getting the platinum and 100%.

Edited by Vizard-Ichigo--

4 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

Nah, rarity don't matter. It isn't like your mom's gonna make me an extra sammich because less than 5 percent of people earned a trophy.

Yes she would

I put yes, because UR plats have a certain allure to them, and getting them definitely feels more rewarding than a normal one. 

for me it doesnt matter since a plat = a plat and no matter what game how long or how hard it is its = to 1200~1300 points at the end of the day

there are more reasons which makes ultra rares not important these days because of how compromised the trophies have become too

UR platnium's are the most important stat in my opinion.Enjoy going for them most of the time.

I find that if I see that a platinum is ultra rare for a game I've already started, there's a little more motivation to get it. That being said, I don't go out of my way to prioritize getting ultra rates. There are a few that I would love to acquire though.

1 minute ago, NekoRave said:

Yes she would

Sheeiiit, for reals? I'mma get fat this summer in that case.

6 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

Sheeiiit, for reals? I'mma get fat this summer in that case.

She feeds breakfast burritos, so its even better I swear!

*source I get fed 50 burritos per being a good boy with less than 5% per plat I do*

I have more motivation to plat a game dat takes 100-200h and gives me a UR plat. Im also more proud of my ultra rare plats cuz they r more challenging most times. But i still have to like the game. I dont go straight for random games with ultra rare plats/trophies

Posted (edited)

As important as a bullet in my head.

I like them when they're a challenge, not when they're a mundane, mountainous grind.

Edited by Dead Weight

No. The only platinums I care about are platinums in games I love. Common or Ultra Rare, I don't really care as long as I enjoyed the experience.

Trophies aren't about an e-peen for me, they're all about having the best experience with a game that I can. If there's an experience in the game that I'll enjoy more than going for the plat, I'll focus on that and not even bother with the trophies.

I probably wouldn't even call myself a trophy hunter, more like an experience hunter lol.