Are Ultra Rare Platinum Trophies Important To You?

Wavergray

Are Ultra Rare Platinum Trophies Important?  

710 members have voted

1. 1. Are Ultra Rare Platinum Trophies Important?

3 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I don't disagree dude... 

I'm only talking about it being their most difficult game. Even Armored Core veterans struggled with Last Raven. That game showed no mercy to anyone. 

That’s what’s great about Japan sometimes. They make games that test your reflexes and skills. 

Vanquish for instance totally deserves the 8/10, 9/10 difficulty rating.

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

That’s what’s great about Japan sometimes. They make games that test your reflexes and skills. 

Vanquish for instance totally deserves the 8/10, 9/10 difficulty rating.

I agree. 

For the latter statement though, I can't tell if you're joking or not, because that is my favourite game of all-time and I would give it like a 4/10, lol. 

@totakos1 They’re both harder than Sekiro even?

1 minute ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I agree. 

For the latter statement though, I can't tell if you're joking or not, because that is my favourite game of all-time and I would give it like a 4/10, lol. 

Vanquish is fucking awesome. Definitely won’t mind playing it again on PS4. Hopefully it has upped resolution and higher framerate.

2 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I agree. 

4/10? You must be a god, that shit broke me

• Like 1

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

Vanquish is fucking awesome. Definitely won’t mind playing it again on PS4. Hopefully it has upped resolution and higher framerate.

It does, yes. It's 60fps (I don't know how high the resolution is since my monitor is only at 1080p). 

I have the fastest time to platinum Vanquish on PS3 and I got all three Vanquish stacks on PS4. Best game ever made. 

2 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

4/10? You must be a god, that shit broke me

There is nothing about Vanquish I find hard anymore. 

I've been playing it consistently for so long (with many, MANY hours logged onto Steam) that there is no longer anything there that can threaten me. 

1 minute ago, CelestialRequiem said:

It does, yes. It's 60fps (I don't know how high the resolution is since my monitor is only at 1080p). 

I have the fastest time to platinum Vanquish on PS3 and I got all three Vanquish stacks on PS4. Best game ever made. 

D A R P A  E G G H E A D S

1 minute ago, HondaHoe said:

he has played it many times.. so it would be relatively easy for him by now

I thought it was funny when @Sergen said New York Minute Hardcore in Max Payne 3 was much harder than Challenge 6 in Vanquish. 

2 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Can confirm, PS4 port is excellent

Good to hear.

There is nothing about Vanquish I find hard anymore. 

I've been playing it consistently for so long (with many, MANY hours logged onto Steam) that there is no longer anything there that can threaten me. 

Imagine if there was an endless wave based mode on Vanquish, I'd play the hell out of that. 

8 minutes ago, totakos1 said:

@AJ_Radio just to mention nioh and nioh 2 100% accomplishment is way way harder than souls games you can’t even compare it that’s how more difficult it is!

I'd agree nioh is a very difficult 100% but nioh 2?  Nioh 2 really isn't that hard they took out all the double boss fights where you fight 2 bosses at once.  You can also over level for each area.  Nioh 2 is time consuming but not overly difficult.  I hope it's harder than the souls games because if so i will breeze through the souls games when i play them.

1 minute ago, AJ_Radio said:

I thought it was funny when @Sergen said New York Minute Hardcore in Max Payne 3 was much harder than Challenge 6 in Vanquish. 

I haven't played vanquish yet (I bought it with Bayonetta on PS4 but haven't gotten around to them yet) but I've heard lots a horror stories about challenge #6

while I don't know exactly how hard challenge #6 is, Max Payne 3 has u in a constant state of anxiety because u have to finish the game in 1 sitting.. no checkpoints.. no save points. die and u have to start the entire game over from the beginning

I can understand if some ppl think vanquish is easier because u can just try that specific challenge over and over until u are successful

• Like 2

@AJ_Radio harder? Let’s say Sekiro is walking through the park compared to Nioh games ( 100% ) , I am sure u know what I mean! U guys recommend Vanquish whatever the name is? I don’t know it that’s why I am asking..need to play RE8 first though already bought it along with CTR and Kena! @steel6burghNioh 2 is harder than 1 but it gives more options to complete it and with practice it looks easier I don’t know if I explained it right! @Deadly_Ha_Ha it’s not about bronze trophies but double bosses with pretty much instant kill after the patched it I mean yeah it’s hard!

5 minutes ago, totakos1 said:

@AJ_Radio harder? Let’s say Sekiro is walking through the park compared to Nioh games ( 100% ) , I am sure u know what I mean! U guys recommend Vanquish whatever the name is? I don’t know it that’s why I am asking..need to play RE8 first though already bought it along with CTR and Kena! @steel6burghNioh 2 is harder than 1 but it gives more options to complete it and with practice it looks easier I don’t know if I explained it right! @Deadly_Ha_Ha it’s not about bronze trophies but double bosses with pretty much instant kill after the patched it I mean yeah it’s hard!

what exactly about nioh 2 are you finding harder than the 1st one?  I'm very curious.

19 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

So humble. lol

to be real vanquish is at least a 8/10.

But if you’d like the above poster it’s pretty easy when you have every version platinum.

Still a very skilled based ultra rare to be prove of and s amazing game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

So humble. lol

to be real vanquish is at least a 8/10.

But if you’d like the above poster it’s pretty easy when you have every version platinum.

Still a very skilled based ultra rare to be prove of and s amazing game.

Well, my comment you quoted was about how much I like the game; not how I feel about its difficulty. Vanquish is an incredible game, so yeah, I'm going to platinum as much as I can. Fits in with me getting all of the PlatinumGames platinums as well. 

I was talking to a friend about this earlier, and I think 6-7 is about where it's at for new players. You and I would agree that something like Crypt of the Necro Dancer is like a 10/10, right? I can't give Vanquish an 8 if Necro is a 10. 

It's 100% a platinum that requires skill and tenacity -- and yes, it's worth being proud of. 8-9 is a bit too high for my standards, however. We may have to agree to disagree on that one. 

EDIT: There are harder PlatinumGames titles to platinum that require more skill. Such as The Wonderful 101. 

Edited by CelestialRequiem
Elucidating

I could think of some scenarios where I've found a game to be harder, or lets say more annoying for the sake of peace, than its rarity suggests. A niche game I got early, or an expensive japanese import (not VN) with apparently people deadset on platinuming it even if it cost them their lives. Maybe a 4th remaster of a game which should have already reached the majority of its audience, so only veterans play with all the tricks. The basic exceptions to the rule, but I just don't see it working the other way around, where an UR is suddenly a cakewalk. Maybe some Assassin's Creed game on lauch will stay UR for a short time.

I don't hunt for them myself (though I think the EU version of  my Warriors All Stars plat magically became UR without me knowing), but I do think it gives a fairly good general idea about the pain-in-the-assery the game provides. Even 10-20% is starting to be a turn-off for me these days, tho