How many times should I do the unlimited Barret Affection glitch method at Cosmos Canyon?

Alantor32

Hey, I just recently got back to playing Final Fantasy VII for PS4 and I am wondering how many times should I do the unlimited Barret affection glitch on Cosmos Canyon? I want to make sure how many times should I do this so this glitch won't lock me out of the trophy.

back up your save first. then i estimate about 20 times. if trophy doesn't pop. try 30. you want the relationship values between tifa, aeris and yuffie to be extremely low.

in the off chance i said too much. try 10.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Ok. But should I make two save files right before Cosmo Canyon incase Aerith, Tifa and Yuffie's affections for me are high or something and I can still get the trophy if I use the glitch?

Do at least one backup save. You can get the trophy using this glitch, as long as you don't overdo it. There is a threshhold for Barret's affection that will prevent the trophy from popping if crossed. I'd recommend not doing it more than 10 times to be on the safe side. 

11 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

Do at least one backup save. You can get the trophy using this glitch, as long as you don't overdo it. There is a threshhold for Barret's affection that will prevent the trophy from popping if crossed. I'd recommend not doing it more than 10 times to be on the safe side. 

Ok. But I also have a question about affections that Aerith, Tifa and Yuffie have for me. If they have high affection for me and when Barret has like say, 47, can I still use the glitch at Cosmos canyon to get the required affection from Barret despite Aerith, Tifa and Yuffie's high affections for me?

Alright, take this with a grain of salt, but I think the statements in this thread don't contradict each other. Let me write how I think this works. 

There is a maximum amount of affection points that you can get with Barret through normal play. I believe that number is somewhere around 60. Now, for the trophy to pop, you need to have Barret's affection higher than the affection for Tifa, Yuffie and Aerith. We agree on this.

Now, I believe that if the glitch is overused to the point where Barret's affection surpasses the natural threshhold (around 60, as mentioned above), the trophy glitches. 

If you follow the guide up to that point, then Barret's affection will be pretty high, so using the glitch 5-10 times should be enough to get the trophy without increasing Barret's affection above the limit. However, if you have been playing the game without paying too much attention to this, then what @kloz_to_doom1020 and @kingdrake2 did makes sense. Their affection with Barret was probably super low, and doing the glitch 20-30 times increased it enough to surpass the affection they had with Aerith, Tifa and Yuffie, but not enough to surpass the threshhold. 

So, depending on what you have been doing up to this point, either be careful with the glitch, or go to town! ?

Again, not 100% sure this is how it works, so keep a save!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well I know I'm late, but I'll put for anyone else trying to get this. I just actually got it, I had a save at Cosmo Canyon, even though I had a date with Aeris on my main file. I had about 13 points with Barret from the choices I picked, so I did the trick 12 times, made it back to Gold Saucer and still got a date with Aeris. I reloaded Cosmo Canyon, did it 20 times, went back to Gold Saucer and the Trophy popped right when Cloud & Barret were in the lobby. 20 times is good if you have high infinity with Aeris and if you have some with Barret, I wouldn't go higher than that, because I read it's glitchy.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1