Item Collector Question

TechnicalPixel

9 hours ago, LoliDestroyerr69 said:

Pretty sure they do carry over, cant really confirm since i got the steam version at the time. I dont think there should be any difference between the steam and ps4 versions though

Thank you! Also, what are some good spots to farm the fishing baits?

Might as well ask here, rather then opening a thread...does this trophy require to get all the fashion items and aesthetic items? I suck at mini games (esp the geoboard one, where I gotta collect coins). Dreading this trophy so much heh

Edited by Shiro189

16 hours ago, Shiro189 said:

Might as well ask here, rather then opening a thread...does this trophy require to get all the fashion items and aesthetic items? I suck at mini games (esp the geoboard one, where I gotta collect coins). Dreading this trophy so much heh

I got this trophy on my new account. you need to get 855 items discovered for it to unlock. Have you bought all the fashion items that you can buy with the tales coins? I did that and it helped me get closer to the trophy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 8:51 PM, TechnicalPixel said:

I got this trophy on my new account. you need to get 855 items discovered for it to unlock. Have you bought all the fashion items that you can buy with the tales coins? I did that and it helped me get closer to the trophy. 

No not really....only got like half of the stuff with the tales coins...I kinda wanted to focus getting all items on one playtrough, and on the next one just do PLan B, Witness of Mystic, 250lvl trophy and Making a Mint one. But I guess I might have to start a new playtrough, and leave the All Items and Plan B trophy for the very end.

No, you don't need to 100% every mini-game in order to have enough items for the plat, but buying all the tales coins fashion stuff will certainly help. You can make a lot of tales coins with slash beat if you can set up your artes to hit high damage and the same exact damage every time by using the same combo. This is the one I found on youtube and used to get the rest of my tales coins. You don't need to have such godly equipment, but faster casting is important so that you have enough time to get in the entire combo.

You also are going to have a real hard time getting over the item limit if you don't farm for equipment in the post-game dungeon. I didn't want to have no idea what items I had already acquired in a 2nd playthrough either, so I just ended up buying the double XP DLC for $1.50 (buy and then you have to redeem the double XP DLC within the game on the same item menu that you redeem the other free DLC crafting packs) and then did everything for the plat in the first playthrough. Here's a place you can farm for XP in the post-game dungeon in NG.

• Like 1

@Guardian_owl hey thank you very much for the detailed reply! Yeah, I figured it helps allot towards it. I'm guessing there more then 855 items, all across weapons, accessories, costumes etc, but you need only 855? Or maybe that is the entire number. Either way, I took some notes of stuff I miss, and gonna slowly work towards it, on 2nd playtrough, while using the grade shop. I wouldn't mind paying for extra content, but I feel like this Tales of' game is lacking in story and character development compared to the other games, so I don't wanna pay anything extra, considering I already paid 42£. I feel ripped off with how boring and hollow the story and characters felt. Anyway, that's only my opinion, but yeah...just gonna do it the plain' ol' traditional way, to get the rest of the trophies.

@Shiro189 Yes, there is a lot more than 855 items. Another way to possibly generate a lot of new items is to put on the titles for better item drop rates for your active party. clear out plenty of inventory space, then run through each admin zone several times, once or twice per difficulty level. Most enemies have a piece of loot that is unique to them that they might not have dropped during the campaign. Running through them on different difficulty levels lets you kill two birds with one stone by generating random skills for Rokurou's learnt skill title as different difficulties offer different qualities of skills.

If after that and some post-game dungeon clearing you are still short, flip through the bestiary and look for creatures that still have a ??? for a piece of their loot, it means you haven't gotten that piece of loot as a drop from them yet. 

If you do want to do that XP run, I hope you paid close attention to the rewards for completing the admin zones for the first time, one of them spit out the adamantine boots with triple +18% to XP for killing dragons.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1