PS Store Refunds will be coming soon for the US

Azaan60

Being able to request refunds used to be exclusive to Europe, NZ & Australian PSN accounts but Sony have quietly added a refund section to the US version of the Playstation support site.

Looks like people in the US will finally have access to refunds, which is something people in the rest of the world have had access to for years.

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Requesting-a-Refund?language=en_US

This guy on Reddit created a nice summary for all the key points

Some key points:

You can refund a game, DLC, or add-on provided you have not begun downloading the content. You have 14 days from the purchase date as long as you have not downloaded the content. Full games, downloadable content, themes, avatars and season passes count in this category.

Pre-Ordered Digital content over 14 days before the release date - You may request a refund any time before the release date.

Pre-Ordered Digital content less than 14 days before the release date - You may request a refund up to 14 days after the date of purchase.

Subscriptions - Playstation Now, Playstation Plus, or Spotify - 14 days after purchasing a subscription.

Free trial periods are included in the 14 day window. You may receive a partial refund in requesting a refund for subscriptions, depending on how much you have used the service.

Playstation Vue. You may cancel at any time, but any payments made are non-refundable.

Changing your Network ID (possibly coming soon since they mention it here): You cannot obtain a refund for changing your Online ID

Edited by Azaan60
  • Like 1

it's a step in the right direction for sure. think the only time i had to do an actual refund request was because of the GOW game which was later found to be the right version. they gave out every game in the ps3/vita under that deal (gow 1 and gow 2).

Edited by kingdrake2

I've gotten a refund once before. I bought Saints Row: Gat out of Hell on PS4...then the next day they revealed that it was going to be one of the games for PS+ the following month. So I called them up demanding a refund, and I called them out on putting a game on sale right before it'll be Free. They gave me the refund without hesitation. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

I've gotten a refund once before. I bought Saints Row: Gat out of Hell on PS4...then the next day they revealed that it was going to be one of the games for PS+ the following month. So I called them up demanding a refund, and I called them out on putting a game on sale right before it'll be Free. They gave me the refund without hesitation. 

Everybody gets one refund on their account.

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

That has happened again for April's PS+ games. The Surge and Conan Exiles are both on sale on the store right now.

• Like 1

They're still not as draconian as Nintendo.

It was made very clear to me, in a stern talking to over the phone by them that I was being given a one time refund for life (in store credit) because I had the nerve to call immediately after pressing buy and ask to pay the difference to change my purchase of Mario + Rabbids from the standard to the gold edition, because I genuinely made a mistake and selected the wrong version.

I called Sony once before to cancel a purchase because I saw the reviews were terrible and they just said OK and removed it from my download list.

Are Sony still doing that thing where they then ban the accounts after they refund the items (I know that’s more to do with card fraud but still...)? Also I don’t recall being able to refund items on my EU account, unless it’s super hidden away and I’ve never noticed it ?

Also April Fools?

Sony has allowed refunds on US account for many years. you just had to call them on the support number. I remember I got a refund on Mortal Kombat X when it got purchased by my younger cousin while he was looking through the store. I called them and got put through to a very kind man named MJ and he quickly sent a request to somewhere else and told me that I will receive my refund within 7 - 14 business days. and I got it in 3 days.

• 3 weeks later...