Did the Japanese version ever get an English patch?

• 4 months later...

Old thread, now that I'm into the third act, I grew curious about this, too.  From what I've read online, there is the option to have English voices in the Japanese edition, but no English text.  So the descriptions of things like items, spells, and abilities will appear in Japanese, but all of Erik's awful 'captain obvious' dialogue can be heard without a bilingual ear.   

27 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Old thread, now that I'm into the third act, I grew curious about this, too.  From what I've read online, there is the option to have English voices in the Japanese edition, but no English text.  So the descriptions of things like items, spells, and abilities will appear in Japanese, but all of Erik's awful 'captain obvious' dialogue can be heard without a bilingual ear.   

I never understood why Erik was so loved, lots of people say he's their favorite character and I couldn't stand him.

Unfortunately having no item descriptions would take me forever to plat the game again, might have been possible if I went for the plat right after playing the English version but not now.