Would it be fair to say that this game is similiar to the Pokèmon Mystery Dungeon series?

This is really funny, because just today I found out that this game existed, and I was looking into it lol.  If you want some decent gameplay video, this guy below is playing from the beginning.  I am currently on his second video.

It does look similar in style to PMD games, and you have a job system and a buddy system to give you some variety.

Edited by Sir_Bee
  • Like 1

Saw a guy playing it on Twitch not too long ago and immediately reminded me of the days I used to sit and play PMD games. It's a really fun formula actually and I'm going to assume is equally as much of a time-sink. I'm not a FF fan myself but I'm tempted to grab it to be honest and lose my life to it for a bit.

If you want to get real technical about it the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games and Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy are in fact part of the same series, while the Pokémon games are obviously the most well known Mystery Dungeon games there's actually been several games based on Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy as well as original properties like Shiren the Wanderer though not all of them have been released outside Japan. The developers aren't always the same (Chunsoft was behind all the Pokémon ones as far as I know) the core gameplay seems to be very similar between them all so chances are if you liked Pokémon Mystery Dungeons its worth giving this one a shot.

• Like 1