5th April new DLC - Unlock ALL ingame rewards

optimusmart

@KainDMD I don't know the details on it (maybe it is just a scam) but I saw people selling access to some program or something that unlocks stuff in various games. A lot of people apparently have trouble with Resident Evil 2 and have been paying for the program or other people to do it for them. I saw pictures posted with Leon in the RPD with the grim reaper launcher, which isn't through normal means, along with infinite ammo on weapons that don't get infinite ammo. Also, on the official RE website you can check the weekly challenge completions and often you'll see cheaters (like a Leon 1st scenario 27 min 170 kills kind of thing). It is on pc too though so it is of course going to be plagued by that kind of thing.

59 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I don't agree with microtransactions in full priced games but that is where my distaste for this begins and ends.

Most of the complaints in this thread seem to be from a gatekeeping perspective, where if you don't play the game my way then it's not legit. How does that spoil your enjoyment of the game if there is an option to make it easier for somebody else? You don't have to use it and the people who do will probably still find that mode challenging. I find Bloodborne too difficult. If there was an easy mode patched into the game then I would love to go back to it. The game looks excellent but I gave up because I was getting my ass kicked and making no progress.  Would you rather I gave up and had no fun with the game you love or I lowered the difficulty and got to share in that experience too? If I play it on easy that doesn't take away the fact that you still did it on the normal difficulty and experienced the game the way you wanted to. Accessibility options just mean that more people can enjoy the game and I don't see anything wrong with that.

I think they wouldn't care at all if using these weapons disabled trophies. As it is they see that their platinum has now lessened in terms of its prestige.

I don't agree, but I don't think such views should be ridiculed on sites like this given its purpose (also given these are the hardcore who keep the community (and possibly trophies themselves) alive)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, majob said:

Imagine being mad about how people spend their own money

People are free to spend their money on whatever - but it encourages bad practice at the end of the day.

Does DMC have any form of cheats of a similar nature? Kinda curious as to whether they'll sell any for that now as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I don't agree with microtransactions in full priced games but that is where my distaste for this begins and ends.

Most of the complaints in this thread seem to be from a gatekeeping perspective, where if you don't play the game my way then it's not legit. How does that spoil your enjoyment of the game if there is an option to make it easier for somebody else? You don't have to use it and the people who do will probably still find that mode challenging. I find Bloodborne too difficult. If there was an easy mode patched into the game then I would love to go back to it. The game looks excellent but I gave up because I was getting my ass kicked and making no progress.  Would you rather I gave up and had no fun with the game you love or I lowered the difficulty and got to share in that experience too? If I play it on easy that doesn't take away the fact that you still did it on the normal difficulty and experienced the game the way you wanted to. Accessibility options just mean that more people can enjoy the game and I don't see anything wrong with that.

I couldn't beat Catherine on easy mode so I watched it on youtube. You should've done the same with bloodborne

46 minutes ago, McDermottx94 said:

People are free to spend their money on whatever - but it encourages bad practice at the end of the day.

Does DMC have any form of cheats of a similar nature? Kinda curious as to whether they'll sell any for that now as well.

Yes you can buy the unlockables in that game too. But the infinite rocket launcher is more special, it was always given for beating the game under a time limit

16 minutes ago, KainDMD said:

I couldn't beat Catherine on easy mode so I watched it on youtube. You should've done the same with bloodborne

That's not the same. I can think of few things more boring then watching someone else play a game for 30 hours. Again, Bloodborne easy mode would be as difficult to me as Bloodborne normal mode is for someone else who is skilled in that type of game.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

That's not the same. I can think of few things more boring then watching someone else play a game for 30 hours. Again, Bloodborne easy mode would be as difficult to me as Bloodborne normal mode is for someone else who is skilled in that type of game.

I see this comparison made quite a lot but I have no idea where it comes from.

Watching somebody play a game and playing a game yourself are COMPLETELY different experiences, I cant even work out how some players begin to believe they are the same mediums.

This actually applies to literally anything in life, watching and doing are not the same, no matter the difficulty or task.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Then your only other option is to go and beat it yourself instead of seeing someone else do it for you. We all had to start somewhere and by the law of large numbers, eventually you should be able to beat the game sooner or later

If this was for a multiplayer game, I would totally understand all the complaints but this is a singleplayer game. It doesn't mean because someone got the platinum differently then you that it's a bad thing? I do agree it's not good practise but I don't get all the moaning...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KainDMD said:

Then your only other option is to go and beat it yourself instead of seeing someone else do it for you. We all had to start somewhere and by the law of large numbers, eventually you should be able to beat the game sooner or later

Yeah, I probably could but I won't. Just like a lot of people won't finish RE2 or any other game they are not good at. Most people don't like replaying the same portion of a level over and over again and getting nowhere so they give up and move on. As much as I hate the fact that I'm defending a microtransaction, this will encourage a few of those people to stick with it until completion. It doesn't devalue your experience. It enhances theirs.

• Like 1

what is this? when i click the link it doesnt show anything for resident evil 2, and looking at my trophy list im still at 100%.

are you saying they are selling the infinite rocket launcher? if so thats gay, i worked my butt off to platinum this game. had to learn all the routes and multiple playthroughs to memorize it all

With all this crying about dlc that helps some people get things somewhat easier trophy wise and or lets people just have extra fun. The people outside the bubble of the re fanbase or just anyone who just plays games and passes by would think gamers are just big cry babies thanks to the childish acts of some. Funny as it is, I can't wait for this form to be shut down.

• Like 2

To all the hardcore dudes out there with their panties in a bunch over this. Remember you still have your timestamps from when you achieved each trophy. So you can peacock around telling everyone how you got all of them legit. For me, I just platinum'd Bloodborne and am now mentally fried. So going through RE2 with a whole lot less stress is a welcomed thing. 

• Like 3

On 4/9/2019 at 4:02 AM, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

So has anyone bought it to see exactly what you get? I strongly doubt if gives you the cat ears but if it does I'm doin it lol

you want cat ears? pony up another 5 more bucks... hahaha...

On 4/11/2019 at 4:01 AM, Startyde said:

Nice, can't wait to pick it up and shave off a lot of time. 

you can save a lot more time by not playing the game. just a suggestion. ;)

• Like 1