Ash VS Evil Dead DLC Trophy Thoughts

48 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

One questions that I might have regarding Cutting Out: does Decisive Strike count towards that 10? What about if a teammate blinds the killer with a Flashlight or stunned with a pallet, which results in you getting dropped?

Going to guess it will probably only count a full wiggle bar. I'm not 100% sure though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Max654 said:

Surely an original killer and survivor. We can expect the new chapter in the middle of summer.

I'm not so sure really. An original killer is always preferable (at least for me) cuz then I can grind for them for free but we haven't had a licensed killer since Pig. I could see it going either way for the next Chapter

The optimal perks to use for increasing the chances of escaping the killer’s grasp are:

• Boil Over (Kate Denson perk)
  • Flip-Flop (The new Ash perk)
  • Decisive Strike (Laurie Strode perk) - it has not been confirmed whether this one works as the trophy description tells you to “wiggle out of The Killer’s grasp”. With this perk, it’s not the wiggling that does it, but the actual perk.

Also, the chances of escaping the grasp are significantly increased if you’re on a team with true team-players that co-ordinate a body blocking/hook destroying plan. This trophy is easy to obtain if you’re playing with friends and if those friends stand in the way of the killer’s devious plans with you.

Edited by gameoncomrade

7 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Is this free DLC, or paid for? I did check the store & there is an 'Ash vs Evil Dead' pack, but I'm not sure if that's just a pack to play as Ash exclusively. Hoping I can get the trophies without having to pay for anything else lol.

Short answer - only the Adept Ash trophy needs the DLC to be purchased.

Long answer:

You do not need to own the DLC in order to earn some of the trophies. However, the adept Ash trophy requires you to own the DLC since you need the character unlocked. This goes for all DLC trophies.

Side-note: you can also grind shards and buy and non-licensed survivor or killer. In this case, you would need to buy the DLC since it's a licensed character.

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit

6 hours ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

Short answer - only the Adept Ash trophy needs the DLC to be purchased.

Long answer:

You do not need to own the DLC in order to earn some of the trophies. However, the adept Ash trophy requires you to own the DLC since you need the character unlocked. This goes for all DLC trophies.

Side-note: you can also grind shards and buy and non-licensed survivor or killer. In this case, you would need to buy the DLC since it's a licensed character.

Thank-you for this useful information, much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/04/2019 at 10:51 AM, gameoncomrade said:

The optimal perks to use for increasing the chances of escaping the killer’s grasp are:

• Boil Over (Kate Denson perk)
  • Flip-Flop (The new Ash perk)
  • Decisive Strike (Laurie Strode perk) - it has not been confirmed whether this one works as the trophy description tells you to “wiggle out of The Killer’s grasp”. With this perk, it’s not the wiggling that does it, but the actual perk.

Also, the chances of escaping the grasp are significantly increased if you’re on a team with true team-players that co-ordinate a body blocking/hook destroying plan. This trophy is easy to obtain if you’re playing with friends and if those friends stand in the way of the killer’s devious plans with you.

You're forgetting about tier 3 Unbreakable, which increases your recovery time by 25%. Unbreakable complements Flip-Flop and you could use Tenacity to crawl away from a hook if you're in a bad position while you recover at the same time.

On 23/04/2019 at 8:09 PM, JiII-Valentine-- said:

You're forgetting about tier 3 Unbreakable, which increases your recovery time by 25%. Unbreakable complements Flip-Flop and you could use Tenacity to crawl away from a hook if you're in a bad position while you recover at the same time.

Yeah, I forgot to update the post. Actually, I have those four equipped (excluding Decisive Strike).

• Boil Over
  • Flip-Flop
  • Unbreakable
  • Tenacity
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...