Bad Design for the Figure Base

While i think it's cool that the Figure Base connects to your Controller, I can't really use it because it blocks the mic input.

I play late at night so i need to use head phones and the base doesn't allow for it.  All they needed to do was add a small cut-out for it, but apparently no one thought that far ahead in its design.

You can take it off after you have loaded your ship into the game, keeping the controller add-on connected to the second port you can go and change weapons that way as it only needs to be connected once on your main controller for the whole day or game session. I thought the same thing as you at first but it's not a problem really.

Unfortunately my second port on the PS4 is for my external Hard Drive (i wish the PS4 had more than just the two ports)

Question:

When i first started, i put in all of the different ships, along with all of the different weapons and pilots onto the base to see them in-game...

So , can I change weapons/pilots/ships in-game with out using the Base at all if i had already loaded all of them into the game?

Put the addon in the first port then, as long as your controller is charged.

The items are account wide, as long as you used the weapons, pilots or ships they should be in your "Ship inventory" menu or whatever that is called. Sometimes there is a Link icon which is broken >--- / ---< Then you need to reload that weapon, ship or pilot again. You don't need to re-attach the mount for changing weapons, pilots or ships unless that is the case with the broken link. (Happened to me once.)

Oh if you use the "toys" on another console or account, they get "Detached." from your account.

• Like 1

Ok, so i've been playing it "Digitally" so i would not have to keep swapping stuff out and have the Base over my mic...

Unfortunately, once i started it up for the second time it made me have to Re-Link all of my weapons except for the starters, and all but one of my ships...

So i plugged everything in, Re-Linked and then unplugged the base again....sure enough after about 30 minutes it asked me to re-Link 2 of the ships and some more weapons again...

This seems to be getting very annoying, very quickly...

When you Unplugged, was it from only the controller or the Ps4 USB port?

In my own experience I only had this issue once, then after 30 days it expired when I had to do it again (yesterday but I did not renew as I got platinum.)

After I Re-Link I just kept the ship and everything on the base, separate from my controller and changed weapons when I felt the need to while the mount, ship, pilot and weapons where all still connected on the mount in the USB port.

Digitally the game always comes with Mason and the base guns, you shouldn't need to Re-Link those and you can technically beat the game with it.

..or at most get the Platinum with some clever modding.

Is this the issue you are having? https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000037776

If so then sadly you can't get it sorted really, some people on Reddit Reinstalled the game with that error message.

If you reinstall it might solve the issues, make sure to Cloud save or Usb save your game if you give that option a go.

I google some more and try and give you some help if the issue persists.

Thanks for the reply @NightRusticDawn , but No i didn't get that particular error message...I would get the ships and weapons grayed out with the Broken Link Symbol on them..it states to Re-Link the Ship or Weapon in order to use it...it's easy enough to do i guess, but i had everything put away already...so i had to pull it out and relink...then after 20 minutes the same thing happened again...

I had the Base in the USB port originally , and then pulled it out so that i could charge my Controller...it's just annoying that i have to reattach stuff that i had already bought, especially the weapons where you need specific types to open doors and fight bosses, etc..It's like it penalizes you for buying physical copies of stuff...

• Like 1

The Toys for Starlink sold abysmally.. People went for Digital Standard Edition and I don't blame em, I was lucky to get my copy for free and then I thought I could spend some money on the game so I bought Judge or whatever the fat ship and pilot is called and had no issues as long as the mount was connected with the Usb.

They could've pulled it off better.

Sorry to hear about your issues, hope the platinum is not that far off for you though.