Vanilla or Amplified

Arcesius

Hey all

I have been sitting on this game for some time now, and I think I will soon start.

Don't worry, I'm not delusional and don't expect to be done with it soon (if at all), but I want to give it a go. If it's the only game I can't finish.. I think that would be understandable :)

Anyways, I wanted to ask your opinion about getting the Amplified DLC from the start... I guess that makes all the "all zone" runs more difficult due to the extra zone, but I've also read that some of the new items that come with the DLC are really useful and can potentially make some runs easier. The Low% runs of course are excluded from this. 

So, what would you recommend? Going Vanilla or Amplified? Thanks for any tips! 

If you want to get the platinum, then go with the vanilla. One less zone and the phasing ring (walking through walls) can be found in normal runs (was removed in Amplified). After that, Amplified.

But if you don't care about the plat, then i'd choose Amplified.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Varhur said:

If you want to get the platinum, then go with the vanilla. One less zone and the phasing ring (walking through walls) can be found in normal runs (was removed in Amplified). After that, Amplified.

But if you don't care about the plat, then i'd choose Amplified.

Oh the Phasing Ring was removed with Amplified? Well that's a big vote vor Vanilla then... ?

My goal is to eventually get the plat, or at least try, so thanks for the tip! 

Edited by Arcesus7

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Amplified is worth it, supposedly makes the game easier and makes certain bosses easier with new quick kill strats, Earth will come in handy if you need to destroy gold to pick up items without it being destroyed, Fortissimole is straight up laughable easy, so it's best to get him near the end of the run, Grenades and shurikens will come in handy for Deep blues, Mary and Tempo are the hardest characters from the DLC Nocturna kind of is too because she has some challenging and more time consuming unique bosses Diamond is surprising the easiest as you don't have to use his ability at all, so his runs play out like a normal Cadence run but even easier, zone five makes gold kills characters 10x harder, zone five requires Dorian to do a lot of backtracking to kill certain monsters, zone five Dove is a bit weird, but this is when peace starts to shine, new extra modes but the one the stands out for being the easiest and best mode for difficult characters is "Phasing Mode" removes the ability to dig, but you can phase through walls and delay the beat when entering and exiting walls.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi