I'm a Complete Noob to this Series. Seeking Advise.

Greetings! I've never played a Call of Duty game in my life. First-person games aren't my genre and I can't stand the camera view. I've platinumed several first-person games but never anything like this, mostly just walking simulator-type games and puzzle games, all with next to no combat or no combat at all. If I were to take on the platinum I'd use every glitch at my disposal so with all that being said, how likely is it that I'm going to struggle severely with this game?

17 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Greetings! I've never played a Call of Duty game in my life. First-person games aren't my genre and I can't stand the camera view. I've platinumed several first-person games but never anything like this, mostly just walking simulator-type games and puzzle games, all with next to no combat or no combat at all. If I were to take on the platinum I'd use every glitch at my disposal so with all that being said, how likely is it that I'm going to struggle severely with this game?

Hey!

So this reminds me of how I (and probably many of us were) during the time this game first came out back in 2007, new to first person shooters of this kind. Back during that time, this game was a fair challenge for people going after the achievements on Xbox (trophies weren't a thing in 2007) and for anyone doing everything on Veteran difficulty on PS3. 

With the remaster though, you have something that wasn't available back then - there's basically a glitch you can use to make Veteran difficulty a lot easier if you end up just not being able to do Veteran on it's own (It's detailed in the trophy guide). That being said, I say to try the game itself on its own and only using that glitch as a last case scenario. It's a fun challenge and to be honest most of the game isn't that tough with knowing where to go and when to peek from out of cover.

Basically it's like a whole new world going from puzzle to combat, but if you understand first person already that's a good start! If you choose to go for it, have fun! =D

• Like 1

If you are new to that genre, I'd say this is an excellent choice. Yes, you can glitch your way through most hard parts of the game, but to enjoy it I would strongly suggest to do at least one playthrough without the glitch on an average difficulty, even though that will mean an additional walkthrough to make it on veteran difficulty (with glitch or without). The game is worth it.

But please note that there is at least one trophy (best of the best) that needs skill and cannot be glitched. But practice will get you there as well. 

It's all very feasible (and no multiplayer trophies!!)