Recipe recommendations

Msmith008

I'm working on getting the last 10 recipes, so I'm trying to be in the cafe as much as possible. But I'm going through 50 or so customers per day, and I'm always running out of ingredients.

There's not much time to collect ingredients afterwards, I can't usually get too much of one ingredient in one night, and the garden doesn't usually give me much that I can use. I'm even running low on salt and sugar! Anyone have any suggestions for recipes that I can use that I can keep this place going while I try and get those recipes? 
I thought this was going to be a quick and easy platinum...Oops.

Thanks!

Some random tips, can't say for sure how helpful these will be as I just got this trophy a couple weeks ago... though be aware this trophy can easily take you weeks (took me 2 after I got all ingredients trophy) to get where you can go days without getting a single recipe... this trophy is extremely grindy and tedious  and will absolutely test your patience.

*This one doesn't have to do with the game but if you really decide you want this platinum trophy then I highly recommend finding a lot of good listening material (audio-books, binge-worthy youtube channels, etc.) to listen to as you'll be waiting around a lot but will also need to pay attention especially around noon/12PM IGT as that's around when you should expect to find the story npcs you'll get the recipes from.

*Make sure to have the 10 story dishes on hand to serve to the npcs as their asking for them means you're getting closer to getting their recipes.

-Have you regularly harvested the area where you get fish close to the beach? If so you should have a lot of fish ingredients that can be used to get some easy dishes up for the menu for "regulars" If not,then...

-While this method is annoying, sleeping at the inn in your room 3 times back to back will let you harvest both your garden and the area I mentioned above, this can be used to get a lot of different ingredients (in smaller quantities though) at once, though the ones you get are random but if you're really desperate... also don't hesitate to use the indigents location guide posted here if you're low on anything you need.

-Try not using the same ingredients in multiple dishes on the menu at the same time unless you can easily get them back as otherwise you'll run out of them very quickly.

-You can find basic but helpful ingredients just outside the cafe and can all be gathered very quickly and will (or at least should) respawn after sleeping. I recommend focusing on the rock gathering spots as you'll consistently get things like sugar, salt, rice, flour, etc. from the ones close to the cafe and you'll probably need a lot of those.I suggest examining the "bushy" areas around here where you'll get vegetables like carrots, onions, etc.

-I don't think the dishes have to be fancy to get good reviews but getting more intense flavors is probably better but try to have dishes that are at least slighlty... spicy, bitter, salty, etc. (I think "extremely"(?) is what you should aim for if possible though) to go with the the npcs like (I'm almost 100% positive that temperature doesn't really matter for getting good reviews but I'd still try to appease their preferences if possible)

-As you find dishes that get at least 4/5 reviews, try to keep those recipes exactly the way they are even if you need to get more ingredients, the story npcs can be very picky and say things like *this tasted better last time!" then proceed to give it a lower review. You're pretty likely to get the exact same review score as last time as long as you keep the recipe the same but YMMV here sadly as they could still decide to troll you and say it tasted better last time anyway but I usually would consistently get the same review scores each time... usually...

-Once you find good dishes for every character take those items off the menu until the npcs visit, replacing them with basic dummy recipies for "regulars" to order while waiting for them. After they come update the menu to include their dish; REMEMBER TO DO THIS BEFORE YOU TAKE THEIR ORDER!(this is to save ingredients so other customers don't order these dishes as these are the ones that you'll need to focus on).

-When you do the above method make sure the dish you put up for each character is the only one with that specific flavor to guarantee that the NPCs will order what you want them to. e.g. If the visiting npc like spicy food take off all other spicy foods except the one you're about to put back on the menu but again before you take their order! (it's really easy to forget that bolded part...)

-Just about everyone as far as I can tell gets Poncho's recipe very soon after post game as their first recipe so I'd try to find good recipes the later story NPCs (in particular the last 5 and Maurice as he was the last one for me but I definitely struggled for a while with getting good recipes he liked...) earlier rather than later though YMMV on the order you'll get them in as it'll probably just come down to luck. Speaking of which...

*This was the order I got them in, not sure this'll help but I figure it may be worth posting anyway; Poncho (which I actually already got before I even got the all ingredients trophy...) , Celis and Huey (got both of these the same night within an hour of each other... got them both a couple days after Poncho) Rosetta (a few days later...) Chou Chou (day after Rosetta... I think? Wasn't that much later) Genji (a couple days later), Lanche and Mierre (I got pretty soon after Genji's recipe but don't remember when), Zeff and Maurice which I got both within an hour of each other. Also Zeff only asked for his story dish like 2-4 times before he handed over his recipe, I was getting concerned for a while I was really behind on him as he only started asking for his dish the night before and when I already had 8 of the recipes. I was very surprised (but oh so very relieved...) that I got his reciepe pretty much just before I finally got Maurice's who'd been asking for his dish back when I already had 4 or 5 of the recipes, I'm pretty sure I had to "feed" him the most but I'm not sure, again like I said earlier I struggled to find dishes he liked and probably got quite a few more 3/5 reviews (... or worse) from him than anyone else if I were to guess.

*Oh and speaking of giving them their story dishes, once they get to that point for whatever reason they won't ask for their dish every time you see them no matter how many time you talk to them, I was thinking maybe they wont ask for them unless they gave you a good review last time? I have no idea to be perfectly honest...just don't be discouraged if this happens and hope that they ask you for it next time as that may very well be the case.

That's really about all I got, sorry I can't recommend the best dishes to have on your menu for them, that really comes down to trial and error and I changed up my menu a lot throughout the whole ordeal at least until the last few as I'd usually run out of ingredients. I feel like you can save time over me by only having their preferred dishes on the menu when they come in as this will save you a LOT of the more important ingredients you'll need. While you're at it, try to make these dishes as high quality as you can but only if you have a lot of quality ingredients to spare. Finally remember to only have one dish of that flavor (spicy, bitter, etc.) on the menu when you take their order to guarantee they'll order the dish you want them to. Oh, and remember to harvest the garden/fish area every 3 in-game days, and (obviously) reset the game without saving if the npcs you need don't visit that day to, you guess it, save ingredients.

Hope this helps! YMMV on this one.

-

Edited by Youngboys123
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. I lent my copy out to a buddy (I needed the break), but I will give it a go when I get it back. 

I may have passed on this plat if I knew it was going to be this long. I think I have a lot of podcasts in my future...

Thanks again, I'm sure this will help!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, everything fine? I am at 3/10 recipes, only have poncho, huey and rosetta. Have anyone found any tips about the trigger that gets you the recipe? All the recipes to the story npcs are 5 rated. Should i change them time to time?