lightningfiire

Alcatraz Blackout Map - Great for Character Items

24 posts in this topic

From the several games I’ve played, I can see a heap of leftover character items in supply drops/crates/etc on the Alcatraz mode so it might be a great choice to round out a few of those last character challenges you guys need.

Also, reduced number of people on that mode - 40 or so people = less competition/more chance to secure your challenges!

So if i complete a Character mission, say for Bruno and if i die after completing the challenge and i respawn later in the game will it count as "complete the match with this in the inventory"? 

31 minutes ago, vikrantmehta7 said:

So if i complete a Character mission, say for Bruno and if i die after completing the challenge and i respawn later in the game will it count as "complete the match with this in the inventory"? 

Unless you retrieve your death stash after respawning, you wont get the character, or find the item again

the game has to end for you and your team With the item in your inventory

Edited by Property_Damage

So it’s better done in normal blackout mode then. 

So just to make it clear i need to have that item during ‘no more deployment pending’? 

1 hour ago, vikrantmehta7 said:

So it’s better done in normal blackout mode then. 

So just to make it clear i need to have that item during ‘no more deployment pending’? 

Yes and no

It depends when you find the item

If you find one early into the game, complete it and go hide until you cannot redeploy

because if you end up redeploying

you get a brand new inventory

Thus making your prior character unlock obsolete

On 3/4/2019 at 8:51 PM, vikrantmehta7 said:

I did bruno challenge, I died and before respawn I leave the party and I got the character ;)

Pd: There are supply near the church with bruno item and menendez too.

Edited by JeNNy_OskaR

5 hours ago, vikrantmehta7 said:

Leave the party as in close application? Or quit game? 

The game haha menu -> leave

On 05/04/2019 at 10:33 PM, JeNNy_OskaR said:

I did bruno challenge, I died and before respawn I leave the party and I got the character ;)

Just wondering which Bruno? Cause he’s the last one I need for plat

6 hours ago, GeneralEMO5996 said:

Just wondering which Bruno? Cause he’s the last one I need for plat

Standard Bruno, not the IX

On 05/04/2019 at 10:33 PM, JeNNy_OskaR said:

And when you say supply do you mean a supply drop from the plane or you found it in a stash on the ground?

17 hours ago, GeneralEMO5996 said:

And when you say supply do you mean a supply drop from the plane or you found it in a stash on the ground?

I have found it in both ways. 

It's Bruno from Voyage, one of the hardest to get in normal mode.

You have to eliminate someone with melee attacks, I recommend using the Knife or the perk of Browler and with the handle of a weapon.

I've found that if you get a character, they'll kill you and reappear and you keep playing normal, even if you get the character. Or you can simply abandon the game when you get the challenge, just like you.

I wanna mention that if you complete the character mission and die as long as you dont pick up the item on re spawn, when you finish the match you will get the character. Im not sure what happens if someone loots it off your body but i unlocked ruin this way. 

On 4/5/2019 at 6:33 AM, JeNNy_OskaR said:

Specifically the location mentioned here... Bruno is only one I need

18 hours ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

Near Warden's House or Dock I saw it.

On 15.4.2019 at 0:49 AM, Im2Fast_4U said:

You can get the kill using a Bowie Knife. I've did it that way.

On 4/18/2019 at 5:55 AM, vikrantmehta7 said:

Just can’t find Diego’s pulp magazine that’s the only character left for zombies 

I found his item once in what felt like over 100 games. Found it a ton on Alcatraz though. 

can you actually do the shaw one on Alcatraz? I keep hitting the mystery box but nope. Only getting the set from zombie drops but never seen the acid bombs or wraith fires.

11 minutes ago, maximilaan said:

can you actually do the shaw one on Alcatraz? I keep hitting the mystery box but nope. Only getting the set from zombie drops but never seen the acid bombs or wraith fires.

Same, I've found the set a bunch of times but I've never seen anyone using the special grenades, so I don't think it's possible.

Indeed it's great! I have unlocked 3 characters only (Takeo in original blackout, Dempsey and Nikolai on Alcatraz). For Nikolai you can acquire his hat without a monkey bomb. Just hold :square:+:triangle: and you will get it without opening the bars. If you get killed just go to your stash on respawn and grab the item again (mine never grabbed by another player) and then camp somewhere where the enemy can't easily found you. Hopefully you will get a good circle. First  time my team placed 6th but on second time we placed 3rd and I unlocked the character. Below is a great video on where you can find the items for Nikolai, Dempsey, Richtofen and Takeo in Alcatraz.

edit: I also unlocked Richtofen in Alcatraz

Edited by athanasios_osfp