Frivolous Reporting?

Solarus755

Hey guys,

So apparently someone reported my DMC5 plat, with their reason being that I finished my S ranks in human mode, which is apparently highly unlikely?? All I did was choose to do human mode last.

Not sure who's doing this, but I imagine I'm not the only one. This makes absolutely no sense and is a waste of my and the moderators' time.

Obviously I disputed this, but as someone who has never been flagged for something before, are these disputes looked at on a case by case basis by someone? I'm a little upset about this since I spent a solid 2 weeks working on this plat, and the reasoning for flagging me is beyond assinine.

you're not the only one. there's likely going to be plenty more popping up. seems there's a CFW save going around and people are reporting game lists. there's going to be alot of false positives. think they found 30 bad lists so far.

edit: i'm totally with ya, i would be annoyed too if gotten reported for a clean run.

Edited by kingdrake2

Just now, kingdrake2 said:

you're not the only one. there's likely going to be plenty more popping up. seems there's a CFW save going around and people are reporting game lists. there's going to be alot of false positives. think they found 30 bad lists so far.

Wow, that's unfortunate. I'm all for cheaters getting removed, but hopefully no legitimate people get removed accidentally as a result. I worked hard on this list and don't want to be branded a cheater because I decided to do the easiest regular mode last.

2 hours ago, Solarus755 said:

Wow, that's unfortunate. I'm all for cheaters getting removed, but hopefully no legitimate people get removed accidentally as a result. I worked hard on this list and don't want to be branded a cheater because I decided to do the easiest regular mode last.

Pretty much in the same boat as you. Saved human difficulty for last to s rank and got reported. This is starting to feel like a witch hunt. 

• Like 2

People can report for whatever they damn please in any system. The strength of any platform with reporting is data analysis and verification of reports, not excessive limitations put on possibility to report.

It's kinda weird that OP had to even dispute that - it's not something that can be objectively judged, like timestamps being too close together or trophies in wrong order. All you should have to do is say "I'm that good", EOT. Especially with platinums for Sekiro, NINJA GAIDEN Σ PLUS, and a bunch of other extremely hard trophies just sitting there.

12 hours ago, Solarus755 said:

Hey guys,

So apparently someone reported my DMC5 plat, with their reason being that I finished my S ranks in human mode, which is apparently highly unlikely?? All I did was choose to do human mode last.

Not sure who's doing this, but I imagine I'm not the only one. This makes absolutely no sense and is a waste of my and the moderators' time.

Obviously I disputed this, but as someone who has never been flagged for something before, are these disputes looked at on a case by case basis by someone? I'm a little upset about this since I spent a solid 2 weeks working on this plat, and the reasoning for flagging me is beyond assinine.

Im not sure why this was reported. Its probably people thinking you cheated as a save was released and there's 0 ways of knowing if set up properly. Either way, anyone going for plat will likely have to deal with this which sucks.    

As an update, I've been un-flagged. Apparently someone mass-approved every single report in the cheater queue as long as they were half-reputable. They've acknowledged there's definitely a mass cheater issue going on that they're in the midst of resolving, but I'm sure all the people who've had their legit lists reported will be fixed in short order.

It's too bad that the cheaters are causing so many issues for the site staff and are trying to fake accomplishing the plat in what I think is a really fun game that anybody can plat if they just spend a few solid weeks at it.

21 hours ago, KainDMD said:

Will I get reported too when I S rank the last mission in hell and hell first try so I get hell and hell, all s ranks and the platinum right after each other?

No I don't think so. Apparently the reason why a bunch of legit people were flagged is because every single report was automatically flagged in the queue. This shouldn't happen again since it's been addressed.

...At least I certainly hope so. Apparently there are a lot of mad people on this forum who want to report every single plat regardless if there's an actual good reason or not. It certainly has turned into a witch-hunt. I really wish this save file didn't exist, because it's unfair to the people that have done this legit.

Edited by Solarus755

15 hours ago, KainDMD said:

Will I get reported too when I S rank the last mission in hell and hell first try so I get hell and hell, all s ranks and the platinum right after each other?

Nah, just go ahead. That's what I did, on top of beating mission 20 on DMD right before, so my trophies say I beat HaH 10 minutes later, lol.

If for some reason you get flagged and it gets accepted, you can just dispute it and we'll support you =p

On 3.4.2019 at 8:53 AM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Seems the system isn't that great in the end if people can report out of fun or jealousy.

It should ask you something along the lines of

On a scale of 1 to 10, how honest are your intentions? Please be sincere!

Or better yet, no flag submission without being connected to a lie detector. Alternatively under the eyes of a notary.

2 hours ago, SouIXReaper said:

Spent 3 solid weeks earning this plat. It's not like my time stamps are that close together either, I cleared HAH a full week before I had all S ranks. If people don't think I got this plat with my own hard work, they can go fuck themselves.

Im in the exact thinking as you on this. I've been looking forward to Devil May Cry 5 unofficially for years and officially since it was shown at E3! I rarely download digital copies of my games,  but where I live, I am guaranteed a week later than anyone else in the U.K. To get my games, so I couldn't wait. I played absolutely nothing else until I had the Platinum in the bag.  Getting S Ranks was my last trophy before the Platinum and I worked my ass of for it. I made a video that I posted on YouTube about 3 missions away from the Platinum just to show it was all my work on the stats screen of the game and a few others besides just showing a few Dante missions and Dr Faust at its best on missions 10 and 16. I fucking hate glitchers. And it's bad that a game I will say is easily my most favourite game from this generation is being so badly exploited. I've played all the Devil May Cry games many times, on PS3, PS4 and Xbox. I have refrained from posting about all this, but it's sad that many legit players are getting reported. 

Edited by CannibalX666X
Spelt something wrong
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, CannibalX666X said:

Im in the exact thinking as you on this. I've been looking forward to Devil May Cry 5 unofficially for years and officially since it was shown at E3! I rarely download digital copies of my games,  but where I live, I am guaranteed a week later than anyone else in the U.K. To get my games, so I couldn't wait. I played absolutely nothing else until I had the Platinum in the bag.  Getting S Ranks was my last trophy before the Platinum and I worked my ass of for it. I made a video that I posted on YouTube about 3 missions away from the Platinum just to show it was all my work on the stats screen of the game and a few others besides just showing a few Dante missions and Dr Faust at its best on missions 10 and 16. I fucking hate glitchers. And it's bad that a game I will say is easily my most favourite game from this generation is being so badly exploited. I've played all the Devil May Cry games many times, on PS3, PS4 and Xbox. I have refrained from posting about all this, but it's sad that many legit players are getting reported. 

What bothers me about this "cheating" issue is that anyone who has the plat within the first month or so will now fall under the blanket of "reasonable suspicion" in the eyes of some people. I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that people are actually cheating to get this plat, or the fact that some people are so butthurt about other people having the plat they're willing to report anyone who has it.

DMC is also my personal favorite, I've played these games since the first one was released on the PS2. I've done every game on every difficulty, gotten the plats for every DMC on the PS4, plus the reboot on the PS3. I will eventually go back and finish the DMC HD collection. I would be furious if people thought I cheated this plat. When it comes down to it, the ghost data is uploaded for several of the missions. So that's at least some level of proof that I finished the game on my own. I may need to start recording my sessions also.

The cheating issue is stupid for many reasons. People are pretending to be good at a game that they don't really care about. They're a very tiny fraction of the whole and they're ruining this for the majority of people who truly enjoy the game and have the skill level to finish it.

Edited by SouIXReaper
typo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, KainDMD said:

There's nothing shady about that, in fact that's exactly how I got the platinum. HAH was the last thing I did and I kept replaying each mission until I got an S, because going back to earlier missions and "learning" them again didn't make much sense.

• Like 1

Well, I can't say I'm surprissed with this mess. If some mad people trying to report me, feel free to do it because that won't stop me from playing this game if I get banned. As for me, any Plat in DMC are actually worthless if you think about it, anything can be cheesed in any way and the actual challenge lies beyond trophys.

In DMC5 everyone can abuse Dr. Faust the heck of it after some grind and save scum is also a thing in this game ( with the checkpoint thing ). Not to mention >only< aiming for No Damage gives you a free S Rank ( unless you managed to reach less then 2500 pts at the end on DMD or for HaH/SoS 2291 pts, which is VERY unlikely )

When I saw the title on the thread: "Platinum trophy not rare enough" I couldn't stop laughing how ridiculous this is, because it is too rare for my taste.

And people still needed to cheat... this is some high level lazyness right here.

3 hours ago, DevilVergilXT said:

Well, I can't say I'm surprissed with this mess. If some mad people trying to report me, feel free to do it because that won't stop me from playing this game if I get banned. As for me, any Plat in DMC are actually worthless if you think about it, anything can be cheesed in any way and the actual challenge lies beyond trophys.

In DMC5 everyone can abuse Dr. Faust the heck of it after some grind and save scum is also a thing in this game ( with the checkpoint thing ). Not to mention >only< aiming for No Damage gives you a free S Rank ( unless you managed to reach less then 2500 pts at the end on DMD or for HaH/SoS 2291 pts, which is VERY unlikely )

When I saw the title on the thread: "Platinum trophy not rare enough" I couldn't stop laughing how ridiculous this is, because it is too rare for my taste.

And people still needed to cheat... this is some high level lazyness right here.

just because metagaming exists doesn't devalue the platinum at all. There are people who get no damage on DMD missions without that one move with the faust hat. Their score is actually way higher as well than the meteor people

4 minutes ago, KainDMD said:

just because metagaming exists doesn't devalue the platinum at all. There are people who get no damage on DMD missions without that one move with the faust hat. Their score is actually way higher as well than the meteor people

It doesn't devalue it because there is no value to beginn with and I do believe that people get it without Dr. Faust, but that isn't my point. It's just DMC5 isn't that hard as people claim to be and there is no need to cheat at all and there for, people who did it "legit" are the one who get accused for using the savefile now. I don't care if people cheating ( heck, do what you want what makes you happy ), but if they are bothering other people with it in any way, like this right now, the line has been crossed.