Solarus755

Frivolous Reporting?

58 posts in this topic

So what? Powerpyx was wrong to give it a 10/10 but that was without any metagaming knowledge. Sure it's lower than that, but if it's so easy, I wouldn't have spent so much time on it. This is after all not an open world super long loot grind game, but you get what time you put into it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game isn't quite as hard as it's cracked up to be, thanks to Dante's bag of tricks, Nero's Devil Breakers, and V's OP Devil Trigger. Still a challenge to get everything timed properly though. I have no shame admitting that I abused Dr. Faust for some S ranks. At the very least I have the plat and I'm free to take on more challenging methods of getting S ranks. The fact that Dr. Faust is even an option, plus the checkpoint reload, makes you wonder why cheating is even necessary.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I don't think time can be used as valid argument, some games take even more hours and isn't hard as some dmc games.

And yeah there is no shame for using Dr Faust ( sorry if I sounded like ), if it's in the option, you are allowed to use it, simply as that.

Edited by DevilVergilXT
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DevilVergilXT said:

I don't think time can be used as valid argument, some games take even more hours and isn't hard as some dmc games.

And yeah there is no shame for using Dr Faust ( sorry if I sounded like ), if it's in the option, you are allowed to use it, simply as that.

I get you, I still think that it's kind of a stupid weapon to put into a DMC game lol. Seems like something that belongs in a Deadpool game. It certainly takes away a lot of the challenge, but this is just one of the tools at our disposal right? 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with Dante's meteors, V abusing camera manipulation and Nero using Ragtime on regular battles, it still isn't "free".

 

You can save scum on DMD, but you can't on HaH. Some missions can take over 15 minutes with V or Nero. If there aren't enough points around, getting hit means losing up to 15 minutes. You could spend an hour and have done 0 progress.

It is still much harder than somehing like Bloodborne or Sekiro.

 

There are a lot of people who lack the skill and patience that it takes to get those S ranks, even with all the cheese strats, so I can see why someone would want to cheat.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Even with Dante's meteors, V abusing camera manipulation and Nero using Ragtime on regular battles, it still isn't "free".

 

You can save scum on DMD, but you can't on HaH. Some missions can take over 15 minutes with V or Nero. If there aren't enough points around, getting hit means losing up to 15 minutes. You could spend an hour and have done 0 progress.

It is still much harder than somehing like Bloodborne or Sekiro.

 

There are a lot of people who lack the skill and patience that it takes to get those S ranks, even with all the cheese strats, so I can see why someone would want to cheat.

So what happened to just practicing and getting better? Is their time so precious that they can't allow any extra time for failure? People should know what to expect when a game is meant to be hardcore. I just can't play Devil's Advocate (all puns intended) for anyone who feels they are "owed" something that's meant to be achieved. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly! I actually have a friend who S, SS, SSS -whatever maximum rank you want to call it- every DMC game's missions (even if one mission was impossible to get S rank on in US/EU version in DMC2 without using a devil trigger glitch) and even did some no upgrade runs too. He's doing all s ranks (getting S rank points at checkpoints) no damage on DMD and he's killing everything, even going into secret areas where extra arena fights happen. He's allready done everything up to mission 9 excluding mission 8 because I think he's trying to beat Urizen as well. I can't wait to follow in his footsteps when I knock out some backlog games

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SouIXReaper said:

So what happened to just practicing and getting better? Is their time so precious that they can't allow any extra time for failure? People should know what to expect when a game is meant to be hardcore. I just can't play Devil's Advocate (all puns intended) for anyone who feels they are "owed" something that's meant to be achieved. 

I'm not defending cheaters. Fuck them.

The point I was making was against @DevilVergilXT trying to minimize the achievent of others, like me and any other plat achiever that used cheese tactics for some sections.

 

Personally I took the challenge and I felt good for overcoming it because I know not everyone can do it, as he says. I agree it is not a 10/10, but do not make it sound like it's on the level of God of War or Spider-Man...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AndresLionheart said:

I'm not defending cheaters. Fuck them.

The point I was making was against @DevilVergilXT trying to minimize the achievent of others, like me and any other plat achiever that used cheese tactics for some sections.

 

Personally I took the challenge and I felt good for overcoming it because I know not everyone can do it, as he says. I agree it is not a 10/10, but do not make it sound like it's on the level of God of War or Spider-Man...

Point taken. I have definitely finished harder games, so I think the difficulty is being blown out of proportion just a little. But it's still a worthy challenge IMO. For an experienced DMC player this may not be the toughest mountain to climb, but it can seem very daunting to the average gamer.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I mean by "free" is, No Damage is literally the only thing you need to get the S Ranks, you don't need to play well, gain more points or making in time. You can even try to be bad but less then 2500 points is something you won't get it in DMD ( maybe in M18? ). All the other requierements are basically not need it. So if you have No Damage, you getting a S Rank free.

aim only for No Damage in DMC3 for example, you won't probably get an A.

 

11 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Personally I took the challenge and I felt good for overcoming it because I know not everyone can do it, as he says. I agree it is not a 10/10, but do not make it sound like it's on the level of God of War or Spider-Man...

Also what "challenge" are you refering to? Using with or without Dr. Faust, camera abuse and save reload? I'm pretty sure I didn't said that everyone can do this without.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be a system set in place for all these lists getting added over stupid reasons.

 

Why shouldnt the person reporting get 3 strikes aswell and lose his/her rights to do report anymore?

Alot of times I read people getting flagged over something, because the reporter arent aware about every method people can achieve the trophies. When this happen, the reported player gotta go out of his/her way to prove it is not cheated. If the game is popular theres usually people who knows how it would work. If the game is lesser known/played, it just puts all responsability on the reported player to prove them wrong. -_- It’s quite faulty in the way it works 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, KainDMD said:

Exactly! I actually have a friend who S, SS, SSS -whatever maximum rank you want to call it- every DMC game's missions (even if one mission was impossible to get S rank on in US/EU version in DMC2 without using a devil trigger glitch) and even did some no upgrade runs too. He's doing all s ranks (getting S rank points at checkpoints) no damage on DMD and he's killing everything, even going into secret areas where extra arena fights happen. He's allready done everything up to mission 9 excluding mission 8 because I think he's trying to beat Urizen as well. I can't wait to follow in his footsteps when I knock out some backlog games

If you do this by yourself at some day, you will understand why the trophies basically have so low value. Those challenges makes the trophys like nothing, that was my point. And who is this guy? Maybe I know him.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DevilVergilXT said:

If you do this by yourself at some day, you will understand why the trophies basically have so low value. Those challenges makes the trophys like nothing, that was my point. And who is this guy? Maybe I know him.

Trophies are still nice to have but before trophies there were only high scores and such. Outside of gaming they aren't as impressive as speaking 5 different languages. But wtf are we talking about now anyway? It's not an easy plat by any means and just getting the no damage isn't so simple either. Playing it ultra safe and not taking any chances is ultra lame in this game because the best defense is offense. Playing like a bitch turns a 10 minute mission into a 30 minute one.

Anyways he's called evf02d

https://www.youtube.com/user/evf02d/videos

He's got all kinds of playlists for games and he's from Hungary like me!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KainDMD said:

Playing it ultra safe and not taking any chances is ultra lame in this game because the best defense is offense. Playing like a bitch turns a 10 minute mission into a 30 minute one.

I don't think some people care what's lame or not, the fact that this is possible makes it less valuable. And 30 min mission are faster then hours of attempts in offense anyway.

oh and this guy, yeah I watched his DMC2 runs, those runs are really rare to find.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DevilVergilXT said:

Also what "challenge" are you refering to? Using with or without Dr. Faust, camera abuse and save reload? I'm pretty sure I didn't said that everyone can do this without.

The challenge of simply getting the plat, regardless of the way the game is played.

At some point you said there is no point cheating this because anyone could do it with all the cheese strats that we know already, and that is not the case. To succeed in HaH you still need a certain level of skill and determination. Virtues that anyone who cheats obviously lacks.

 

I consider myself a good player, and I still had some trouble with a few missions. Yes, I did not take the safest approach at all times, but I still played it fairly safe.

Dante is pretty much free and V is easy, but Nero has his tougher moments. The only reason I feel I didn't have a have that much of a hard time with him is because I'm a pretty good Nero.

 

Anyway, in the end the numbers talk by themselves, which means less than 3% of players have what it takes to get the plat.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

The challenge of simply getting the plat, regardless of the way the game is played.

At some point you said there is no point cheating this because anyone could do it with all the cheese strats that we know already, and that is not the case. To succeed in HaH you still need a certain level of skill and determination. Virtues that anyone who cheats obviously lacks.

 

I consider myself a good player, and I still had some trouble with a few missions. Yes, I did not take the safest approach at all times, but I still played it fairly safe.

Dante is pretty much free and V is easy, but Nero has his tougher moments. The only reason I feel I didn't have a have that much of a hard time with him is because I'm a pretty good Nero.

 

Anyway, in the end the numbers talk by themselves, which means less than 3% of players have what it takes to get the plat.

Well technically everyone could this if they try and know those things, those 3% aren't much of an argument either since there are easier trophies with higher rarity, just sayin.

Edited by DevilVergilXT
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, DevilVergilXT said:

I don't think some people care what's lame or not, the fact that this is possible makes it less valuable. And 30 min mission are faster then hours of attempts in offense anyway.

oh and this guy, yeah I watched his DMC2 runs, those runs are really rare to find.

If player is good he will do it faster haha like how I did certain missions first try, and then I watch the same mission done by someone else taking way longer, being too boring and having worse score in the end than me

Edited by KainDMD
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

9 minutes ago, KainDMD said:

If player is good he will do it faster haha like how I did certain missions first try, and then I watch the same mission done by someone else taking way longer, being too boring and having worse score in the end than me

that wasn't my point: you don't see any of those in the trophy, only the date and that's it. You can do it the hard way and the easy way, the value stays the same, which makes it nothing.

Edited by DevilVergilXT
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DevilVergilXT said:

 

that wasn't my point: you don't see any of those in the trophy, only the date and that's it. You can do it the hard way and the easy way, the value stays the same, which makes it nothing.

You're right. You can use evasive tactics the whole time to easily get the no damage bonus. Racking up and maintaining good stylish scores requires another level of skill though.

 

If people think DMC5 is really that hard, they should play the original version of DMC3. That game would make them want to cry.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well a platinum most of the time never means that you are godlike at the game, but this one also wasn't such a pushover, hence why not many have it yet. It's good to know that there's still more that can be achieved in the game after the platinum. Most games are one and done. Not to even mention the combo videos on youtube

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KainDMD said:

Well a platinum most of the time never means that you are godlike at the game, but this one also wasn't such a pushover, hence why not many have it yet. It's good to know that there's still more that can be achieved in the game after the platinum. Most games are one and done. Not to even mention the combo videos on youtube

Not trying to downplay the game's level of challenge in any way. You should feel proud that you beat one of the harder games out there. I think what he's getting at is how the original DMC games were intended to be played. In particular, DMC1 & 3. Those combo videos are an example of the kind of skill levels that were necessary to make it through the harder difficulties of the older games. You would almost certainly fail if you didn't understand the intricacies of the combo system. I could even say that for the reboot, and DMC4. It's only been in this most recent entry that we've seen a lot more hand-holding, with Dr. Faust and such. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you certainly didn't need to jump cancel spam anything in order to get the SS ranks. But it's not just about beating the modes but improving to get a good score. The faust hat is one of the most unique weapons in dmc thus far, but it's like using a bunch of holy waters 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is this discussion even happening? The original purpose of this topic was to discuss witch-hunt reporting based off of no evidence. That issue is apparently now being addressed and the topic that spawned it all has been removed, which is great.

 

There's no need to be a gatekeeper in this topic. We all hunt trophies because it's fun and rewarding. Downplaying everyone else's trophies as being "worth nothing" does nothing except make yourself seem like an arrogant asshole. The soulsborne community is notoriously toxic because of this exact behaviour. Their mentality is that things are either "easy" or "hard", the line for what is "hard" is getting further and further away every day, and if you don't conform to those beliefs, you need to "git gud".

 

I agree that DMC5 is not as hard as people initially thought it would be when the trophy list was leaked. I enjoy playing difficult games, and getting an 8/10 difficulty plat instead of a 10/10 didn't deter my enjoyment one bit. The game is great, the trophy list is well designed (in my opinion), and we should just let others enjoy the game they want to.

 

Although cheating can ruin the satisfaction others get (particularly in this case, because it could result in legit people being branded that way), people pursuing one strategy or another shouldn't. I personally didn't use Dr. Faust at all except for a couple of bosses and fights, but I'm willing to bet that those that did felt just as good when they got the plat as I did.

 

Just let people enjoy their games.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DevilVergilXT said:

Well technically everyone could this if they try and know those things, those 3% aren't much of an argument either since there are easier trophies with higher rarity, just sayin.

You are severely underestimating the will needed for a platinum like this.

 

Easier trophies with higher rarity usually means the game was on PS+, it's a game targetted toward casual players or has a heavy grind (like my DBFZ 0.8% plat). Also, a grind serves as proof of the will needed for certain plats. Grinding isn't hard, but not everyone can deal with it.

 

Anyway, let's just go with the usual "agree to disagree".

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

You are severely underestimating the will needed for a platinum like this.

 

Easier trophies with higher rarity usually means the game was on PS+, it's a game targetted toward casual players or has a heavy grind (like my DBFZ 0.8% plat). Also, a grind serves as proof of the will needed for certain plats. Grinding isn't hard, but not everyone can deal with it.

 

Anyway, let's just go with the usual "agree to disagree".

You pretty much explained why rarity doesn't mean that much at all, which makes your previous argument even less valid.
I can tell you are playing for trophy only, which is reasonable that you barely understand what I said. Apparently I overestimate of people common skills, because that is all you need for DMC5 plat. 
 

 

8 hours ago, Solarus755 said:

Downplaying everyone else's trophies as being "worth nothing" does nothing except make yourself seem like an arrogant asshole

Sure, because highplaying your trophies, which gives people false impressions, just so other people can praise you for your "hard work and will" makes it way better and not arrogant at all, am I right?
 

 

8 hours ago, Solarus755 said:

Why is this discussion even happening? The original purpose of this topic was to discuss witch-hunt reporting based off of no evidence.

True I apologize for that, I did gave reasons tho why cheating/reporting out of jealousy is worthless for this game, since it isn't a big plat at all. Which leads to witch hunting in the first place. I bet some people don't even care for the cheating issue and just wanted excuses to report most of them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.