Frivolous Reporting?

Solarus755

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

Wasn't the plat rarity somewhere around 20 some percent? Now it's down to 4.15% :o 

Not sure where you heard that, but I got the plat really early on and the plat rate is currently the highest I've seen it at on PSNProfiles.

9 hours ago, Solarus755 said:

Not sure where you heard that, but I got the plat really early on and the plat rate is currently the highest I've seen it at on PSNProfiles.

It would be on this subject thread and also because gamers have been using save editors to skyrocket the rarity percentage as far as I can remember since the game came out.

13 minutes ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

It would be on this subject thread and also because gamers have been using save editors to skyrocket the rarity percentage as far as I can remember since the game came out.

People were definitely using save editors when the game came out (maybe some still are, haven't played in a while), which caused a surge of the plat rate from 0.4% or so to about 2% less than 2 weeks after release. A bunch of bans happened, but the plat rate definitely never got out of control to the 20% range (and I don't see that rarity mentioned in the thread anywhere).

I agree that save editors inflated the number a bit, I was just trying to correct the 20% figure (which still isn't a big deal if it was true, I was just curious about where the figure came from).

6 hours ago, Solarus755 said:

People were definitely using save editors when the game came out (maybe some still are, haven't played in a while), which caused a surge of the plat rate from 0.4% or so to about 2% less than 2 weeks after release. A bunch of bans happened, but the plat rate definitely never got out of control to the 20% range (and I don't see that rarity mentioned in the thread anywhere).

I agree that save editors inflated the number a bit, I was just trying to correct the 20% figure (which still isn't a big deal if it was true, I was just curious about where the figure came from).

Hmm, I'm not sure anymore tbh. Do you have any screenshots? Unfortunately I don't, otherwise I would've dug through them and shown you if that were the case then yeah.

• 2 months later...

What exactly is the issue that is allowing DMC5 to be exploited? I know that many PS3/Vita games are exploited that is why I removed any of these tilles from my backlog as the trophies are meaningless now with so many cheaters (PSN global percentages are 10x higher than PSNP in some games when it should be vice versa..) but I have not really heard of any PS4 only games with this issue and the global percentages are always accurate. 

Is it just unprotected saves plus trophies unlocking retroactively as soon as the game detects that you have the rankings on any save file? There is no countermeasure or trophy progression to detect this either? 

It's pretty sad all the cheaters for trophies seem to outnumber legitimate players many times over. Just like with Super Meat Boy there are a bunch of random accounts with no other difficult games that are constantly getting the platinum with the game despite not being on a single leaderboard. Unfortunately the devs have crossplay with Vita so they can just hack everything with custom time stamps and it's very difficult to tell. 

• Like 2