Are local coop autopops allowed?

Not sure if this is the right place. I have played a game where I can autopop all the trophies for every alt on my system. So a friend can just come over and autopop everything on his profile. It is technically save file sharing but the game allows it. Nothing of the ps4 is changed and the save file is never tempered with.

So the question is, will this be allowed or will that friend be flagged?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Not sure if this is the right place. I have played a game where I can autopop all the trophies for every alt on my system. So a friend can just come over and autopop everything on his profile. It is technically save file sharing but the game allows it. Nothing of the ps4 is changed and the save file is never tempered with.

So the question is, will this be allowed or will that friend be flagged?

I cannot say for sure, but this does sound awfully close to this:

Things that are flaggable:

• Using a save file to auto-unlock trophies - If you use an external save file to auto-unlock trophies or advance you further into the game and the impossibility of normal circumstance can be proven via the timestamps, it's flaggable. This includes using your own save file to unlock trophies at an impossible time frame, be careful with this, always sync your trophies, and do not use your save file to earn trophies impossibly out of order.

To answer all the questions. The game is In space we brawl ps4. You use a second controller to sign in and join the game. It is completely offline.

In order to pop a trophy you need to redo everything 1 more time. So in order to get the 2k player kill trophy, you kill 1 more. It cuts the 20 hour grind to max 20 minutes.

I would state that this issue is somewhere in the "gray" zone. Interesting I have to admit!

Like in LBP2 while playing with second account, you can then auto-pop the trophies on this account, but you have to actually play the game with this profile first.

But this is a bit different. However, this is "ingame" feat., not related to copying save or using any CFW. So if the save is somehow "shared" with the all local profiles... Why not?

Strange that it can be done for another profile, since it is not usual but "it's not a bug, it's a feature".

IMO - white listed.

26 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Sounds fine, as long as you don't resign/edit/use other people's saves (unecrypted saves) etc.

Haven't quite some profiles been flagged for doing this with LBP 2, though? I think I remember quite some dispute threads about that game where people used (or at least claimed to have used) this feature to auto-pop the trophies.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Haven't quite some profiles been flagged for doing this with LBP 2, though?

No.

12 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

Does this also work for PS3? What about cross-region play?

As long as you play "normally" with whatever the game lets you do, you'll be fine. 

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Haven't quite some profiles been flagged for doing this with LBP 2, though? I think I remember quite some dispute threads about that game where people used (or at least claimed to have used) this feature to auto-pop the trophies.

Nope.

1 hour ago, dj_helyx said:

Does this also work for PS3? What about cross-region play?

Does not work on PS3 and the EU/NA saves are different and are all client side. Should be able to autopop both regions if someone has both saves. I would presume JP also but I have not played that version.

So since this is getting allowed is there any verdict on the fortnite autopop from someone else’s epic account? @MMDE

• Like 1

19 hours ago, B1rvine said:

As long as you play "normally" with whatever the game lets you do, you'll be fine. 

So, do I hafta go all the way across town to my buddy's house on his only day off from work, or can this be done through Shareplay? I'm interested in the other games this can be done with but not enough to blindly risk getting flagged for some "legit" auto-pops.