problem with a Japanese game

AriieSiiS_-

I'm sorry if I made a mistake putting this here, I have a problem because a friend is going to Japan in the summer and she told me that I could ask her for a videogame. I do not know if I can ask for the physical edition of the Nioh with the dlc's since I do not know if the dlc's will be compatible with my console (europe)

Every game and DLC will be compatible with any console. But if the DLC comes as a code, you'll need to make an account from the same region as the game to activate it, because DLC and game regions have to match, and Japanese codes can only be used on Japanese accounts.

So if this DLC comes as code, you'll only be able to download it if you have a Japanese account to redeem it with, and you'll only be able to play it using a Japanese copy of the game.

If all the DLC is included on the disc, you won't need to do anything special.

But in either case, you'll still be able to play the game and earn trophies with any account that's on the PS4.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

You can easily make a Japanese psn account and use it to get the DLC from the jp store. The same DLC from an EU store will not work on a Japanese region game, as the DLC and game must be from the same region, same for redeeming codes. 

However, you can download the DLC via a Japan account from the JP store and still play the game with that DLC on your European account, earn trophies etc. 

• Like 1