can't play with friends

17 minutes ago, Kezzai said:

Haven't tried yet but i've seen other people saying it doesn't work right now.

it's a rocky start that's for sure, some people are dealing with being unable to sync progress on trophy's. 

17 minutes ago, lordguwa said:

it's a rocky start that's for sure, some people are dealing with being unable to sync progress on trophy's. 

They seemed to have fixed that issue now because the trophy list wasn't on Sony's servers before but it is now.

2 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Okay I THINK i found a work around.

Set you room to Invite Only. Then invite your friends into your lobby. It worked tonight for me and my friend after struggling all day with "friends only" rooms.

Hope this helps? 

I just tried this with my friend and it worked.

On 4/3/2019 at 9:42 PM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Okay I THINK i found a work around.

Set you room to Invite Only. Then invite your friends into your lobby. It worked tonight for me and my friend after struggling all day with "friends only" rooms.

Hope this helps? 

But this doesn't help you join random players at all... bad fix. 

On 4/6/2019 at 6:38 AM, DARKB1KE said:

But this doesn't help you join random players at all... bad fix. 

... But the topic is called "Can't play with FRIENDS". That was why I stated what I did.

Bad reading.

But yes, playing with randoms is still broke. 

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GR1Mshadow said:

Are there other issues with the port, or is it just the matchmaking?

Here are all the issues I've encountered:

- Broken loot scaling so item levels are way lower than they should be.

- The main menu lags like mad when choosing a Playthrough 2 or 2.5 character.

- The matchmaking and invite system are broken beyond belief.

- The drop rates for the Claptrap collectibles have dropped off a cliff so are rarer than in the PS3 version.

- The audio is royally messed up in several places, to the point the volume goes up and down like a yo-yo and sounds really hollow and tinny, plus some character audio, drops out entirely so is inaudible and has no subtitles.

- Major screen tearing in certain maps.

- Patchy HDR implementation. The game itself looks fine but the HUD has an overly sharp and contrasty appearance, like the contrast has been massively jacked up and a heavy application of Edge Enhancement has been added.

I've read about the following happening to some people but haven't experienced myself:

- Certain Underdome maps crashing between Rounds 17-20.

- Golden keys getting erased after quitting the game.

- The save file Export/Import system not working if your saves are over 800kb.

If you play solo, then the game mostly works but is completely broken if you want to play online with friends.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Paraphrased: "Hella problems."

Server issues at launch is one thing, but that is an absurd amount of dropping the ball. It's like they were trying to outdo BL2's Vita port in sheer unplayability.

I didn't think anything could put a damper on my hype for BL3. However, between the Epic Store debacle and how bad they botched this port, I'm becoming seriously disappointed in Gearbox. They've made mistakes in the past and I've forgiven them, because I love this series to death and thought they did too, but, I am not feeling the love right now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GR1Mshadow said:

Server issues at launch is one thing, but that is an absurd amount of dropping the ball. It's like they were trying to outdo BL2's Vita port in sheer unplayability.

I didn't think anything could put a damper on my hype for BL3. However, between the Epic Store debacle and how bad they botched this port, I'm becoming seriously disappointed in Gearbox. They've made mistakes in the past and I've forgiven them, because I love this series to death and thought they did too, but, I am not feeling the love right now.

To be fair, the Epic Store exclusivity was entirely 2K's decision and a big chunk of the BL1 remaster was handled by Blind Squirrel Games but that doesn't excuse the lacklustre Q/A. Fortunately, the official forums are blowing up over the technical issues with the remaster so fingers crossed - the problems will get sorted sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GR1Mshadow said:

Is it really a "debacle" or PC players acting like children because they don't want to download another launcher?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

To be fair, the Epic Store exclusivity was entirely 2K's decision and a big chunk of the BL1 remaster was handled by Blind Squirrel Games but that doesn't excuse the lacklustre Q/A. Fortunately, the official forums are blowing up over the technical issues with the remaster so fingers crossed - the problems will get sorted sooner rather than later.

Thank you for clarifying, my reaction may have been a bit knee-jerk, but at least now I can redirect my annoyance where it belongs.

Just now, Kezzai said:

Is it really a "debacle" or PC players acting like children because they don't want to download another launcher?

I don't PC game much so I can't judge Epic Store firsthand, but from what I've read, it seems to lack a lot of basic features, and they've already had account info stolen/hacked. Maybe if they made a service that could actually kinda compete with Steam before doing all this timed exclusivity garbage I'd feel differently, but as it stands, Epic just gives me the impression that they're swinging their monetary d*** around and trying to coerce players onto their platform.

• Like 1

100% working guide

1. make sure you and your friend are in the main menu.

2.  you make a lobby but don’t start the game and invite your friend.

3. it will say he/she has failed to join.

4. stay in that lobby you made and get your friend to host their lobby (don’t start game) it and invite and you, should be able to join them.

until the patch comes out, this is a 100% working solution. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, GR1Mshadow said:

Epic just gives me the impression that they're swinging their monetary d*** around

The whole idea behind the Epic store is that they take much less of a cut off the back end to help indie devs grow. The idea behind paying bigger games for exclusivity is to get more eyes on the indie games. By the time they pay for this exclusivity and take a huge loss on their cut, they only make about 10-20% of what Steam would make off the same game, if not less. If that's them swinging their monetary dick around, than I might not know what that phrase means lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

For the people that still have issues, if you haven't attempted to yet, port forwarding 2900 and 7777 to your PS4 will get you online without any issues - another option is to simply DMZ your PS4. Doing this allowed me to do a full playthrough online with drop out/in at any time.

At least we can use that as a workaround in the meantime.