2019 Game Almost Unplayable

MorbidMercenary

After all these years i went back to collect some trophies i missed but im finding it really difficult to play let alone even start a chapter....

●  Long load times 

●  Story Animations that don't appear so you cant progress in the chapter

●  Going in slow motion

●  Freezing

Im pretty close to platinum this game and have never experienced this much problems...even when i tried starting a new game to fix the problem it had Vito running around in the clouds, if anyone else is going through this or knows how to resolve it even the info would be great, also its not to console ive tried it a couple systems to see if thats the issue

*Update* 

After quitting and relaunching the game about a dozen times i was finally able to get a stable performance which i didnt take for granted i found all the posters and did the other personal feats to get the platinum, with that being said that doesnt mean i didnt encounter some werid and annoying glitches.... i think by far the strangest but enjoyable was going the the garage to get a car and having half of Vitos body sticking out of the car while in his underware and wife beater, also i would continue from "chapter 13 exit the dragon" and if the whores were invisible at the begining of the missions cutscene i realized id have to quit the game or id be stuck in an endless loading screen... somtimes even if they did load in the cutscene joe wouldnt follow you but thankfully i finished the campaign back in 2016

Edited by MorbidMercenary
Update
  • Like 4

^ I thought it was that too i had the game since its released and its *Mint* no scratches am super honorable about putting games back in cases... plus the 2 console's i've tried it on are super slim models my best as far as condition and performance

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, aimeraya said:

Mafia 2 is way better than Mafia 3.

I'm still waiting for a remastered edition of 1st Mafia.

Personally, I thought Mafia 3 was better. Mafia 2 is a decent game though.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've played through this game on Ps3 more than a few times and I've never encountered anything close to what you're describing. The issues you're experiencing are almost certainly unrelated to the game itself, especially considering your disc is apparently undamaged. 

However, I know that I've had other Ps3 games slow down significantly and even freeze due to a lack of system storage space; maybe you should try deleting or exporting data from other games that you don't actively use anymore?

Let me know if that helps. Good luck :)

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

So, has anyone figured out a way to at least decrease the amount of "Slow motion" and freezing issues? I've had enough of restarting my ps3 over and over again just to be met with the exact same issue. At the start of chapter 4 every single time I get close to the jewelry store I go into slow motion and then freeze (One time I was able to watch the cutscene but then was met with an infinite loading screen). I've tried restarting the chapter but there was no difference. Should I just delete all game data and start again? I'm fairly interested in the game but these issues are making the experience unbearable.

• 5 months later...
On 27/08/2019 at 2:00 AM, KR33P3R_KR4FT said:

So, has anyone figured out a way to at least decrease the amount of "Slow motion" and freezing issues? I've had enough of restarting my ps3 over and over again just to be met with the exact same issue. At the start of chapter 4 every single time I get close to the jewelry store I go into slow motion and then freeze (One time I was able to watch the cutscene but then was met with an infinite loading screen). I've tried restarting the chapter but there was no difference. Should I just delete all game data and start again? I'm fairly interested in the game but these issues are making the experience unbearable.

Half a year later and I believe I've found the cause of the issue, I recently noticed that if I look at the read side of the disc and point the label side of it towards a lightbulb I can see through the disc because of a little nick on the label, I believe this damage has caused certain data to become unreadable, I have yet to buy a new disc to test this though but I will try to update this thread if I ever get around to it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am currently replaying this game (in anticipation of the remastered definitive edition to be released shortly for the PS4) and trying to obtain missing trophies.  I am having no problems other than the loading time and the driving mechanic ... a relic of 2009-2010, as this game is 10 years old.  I am the original owner of the disc ... it is not a used version. I also have removed all  old game data from my PS3.  The game plays as smoothly as it did in 2010 when I originally started the journey.

• Like 2