New Bubsy Game

A new Bubsy game? What could possibly go wrong?

Jeez, never before has a less beloved character seen a less necessary comeback. The harsh albeit deserved lambastery the series has gotten from JonTron and his ilk is the primary reason anybody ever remembers it. Others (like me) carry the scars of the broken, floaty SNES games still on their soul. And the PSX game... we dare not speak its name.

...Well, if nothing else--judging by the obnoxiously peppy trophy descriptions--the writing seems up to the series' im-PAW-ssibly cringeworthy standard. If anyone can suck all the joy and spontaneity out of the great sport of punnage, it's Bubsy.

...But, ya know, I'm not fussy. If it's easy enough, and the price is right, I might go for it ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

Jeez, never before has a less beloved character seen a less necessary comeback. The harsh albeit deserved lambastery the series has gotten from JonTron and his ilk is the primary reason anybody ever remembers it. Others (like me) carry the scars of the broken, floaty SNES games still on their soul. And the PSX game... we dare not speak its name.

Eh, I never thought the first Bubsy (which is the only one I played on SNES) was all that bad. Forgettable, sure, but no scars.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

This one is a runner game from the guys who made The Bit.Trip and Runner 3. Amazon has it listed for May 16th.

I went from zero excitement to actually somewhat looking forward to this game.... Wow. 

17 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

We live in a world where garbage like Bubsy lives on but Legacy of Kain has been dead for over 15 years, let that depressing little fact sink in. 

It’s been over 10 years since the only English release of a Starfy game and that was the last one to be made too... no Ristar either. 

No justice. 

• Like 1

Bubsy gets a lot of hate, but it's mostly due to Bubsy 3D...and the internet. In reality, the first two Bubsy games were on par with most average platformers at the time, like Gex, Earthworm Jim, and (ugh) Boogerman. Of those, I would've preferred an Earthworm Jim revival, but we could've done a lot worse than Bubsy...

I'll check it out.

On 5/4/2019 at 2:51 AM, Colin_Raleigh said:

We live in a world where garbage like Bubsy lives on but Legacy of Kain has been dead for over 15 years, let that depressing little fact sink in. 

Less than 15 years, actually. There was that disgrace of a F2P game called Nosgoth in the meantime.

Maybe "15" are the cancelled LOK games after Defiance, at least.

Edited by Lance_87

On 4/6/2019 at 5:08 AM, Lance_87 said:

Less than 15 years, actually. There was that disgrace of a F2P game called Nosgoth in the meantime.

Maybe "15" are the cancelled LOK games after Defiance, at least.

That "Kain of Duty" title got cancelled in closed beta status so technically it doesn't count since it never got released. And even if it did, it still doesn't count because it's a blasphemous abomination. Legacy of Kain and multiplayer don't go together, don't know why Square Enix thought that'd be a good idea. Stupid as hell, even by their standards.

20 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Legacy of Kain and multiplayer don't go together, don't know why Square Enix thought that'd be a good idea. 

Good ideas and Square Enix don't really go together, either. 

I really miss Kain. That voicework just made everything so much cooler.

On 4/4/2019 at 11:28 AM, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Never forget Prince of Persia :( 

Oh, I'd love to forget that abomination.

• Like 1