Taxidermist delisted

fastflowdaman

See title.

I bought the Move Edition and thought it was on disc, but it took me to the PS3 mockup store. No content available.

I then searched manually via PS3 and via browser, to no avail.

I'm not even surprised at this point.

Still, fuck Sony. It can't be said enough times.

• Like 1

i agree, if they even gave at least 2 weeks of warning before delisting i'm sure people would have some time to get whatever is being taken off the system.

it doesn't affect getting the platinum or a 100% ><.

Edited by lordguwa

Unless something has changed in the years since I bought the Move Edition, the DLC is on the disc but it's only accessible if you do a clean install of the game after uninstalling any other versions you may have on your Hard Dive. I had the exact same issue as the OP but fixed it by deleting all traces of my vanilla copy, then reinstalling the Move Edition from scratch.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Unless something has changed in the years since I bought the Move Edition, the DLC is on the disc but it's only accessible if you do a clean install of the game after uninstalling any other versions you may have on your Hard Dive. I had the exact same issue as the OP but fixed it by deleting all traces of my vanilla copy, then reinstalling the Move Edition from scratch.

Sounds strange, but not impossible.

Like I said, it took me directly to the pseudo-store.

But I'll give it a shot and report back.

1 hour ago, Leenewbe said:

its up on the uk store atm, could be an issue with the store in the your country.

After your post I checked some storefronts.

Available:

US

CA

UK

Poland

Norway

Sweden

Delisted:

Germany

Austria

France

Ireland

Italy

Portugal

Netherlands

Spain

Australia

I can't see a pattern tbh. Could be related to Sony's game ID though.

E.g., it's the same for Germany and Australia (BCES-00797/E), but different for the UK (BCES-00458/E).

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PViddy said:

Considering this game is nearly a decade old and we are nearing the PS5 i'm not surprised they pulled it. This is why digital sucks, they can pull anything they want whenever they want and theres not a damn thing u can do about it. This is why physical games should be a must have, yet dumbfucks are obsessed with digital... YOU DO NOT OWN DIGITAL, YOU ARE ONLY RENTING... I can't wait until Xbox releases the discless system... hopefully they only go discless and stop physical games so that piece of shit system can finally go bye bye. Nintendo and Sony at least still want to push physical, whereas Microsoft is promoting digital only. FUCK DIGITAL ONLY!

What are you on about? Nothing is forever and those of us who buy digital aren't dumbfucks.

They don't pull licenses for games you already bought and it's not like physical discs are being pressed indefinitely either. And even if they were, which they're NOT,  I would prefer the chances of my digital licenses outlasting the 15 year life expectancy of a Blu-ray disc.

Edited by DaikichiKawachi

17 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

15 year life expectancy of a Blu-ray disc

Realistically it's more like 25 to 100 years.

My (bought, not burned) CDs from the 80s and 90s are all in perfect working order. (At least none have failed me yet and I'm still playing them on a regular basis, ofc I don't play all of them every day.)

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

I can't see a pattern tbh.

i only said it could be an issue with your store, i only checked mine and yours,

unfortunately that's going to become the norm when everything finally goes digital

I'm still pissed that i never got pvz for the vita because i thought i'd already bought it.

17 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

I'm still pissed that i never got pvz for the vita

I feel you. I only managed to snag the PS3 version (at least) by buying it from within the demo that I luckily owned.

Demo and full game were already gone from the store by then.

But I would have much more preferred the Vita version (or both) as well.

3 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

Realistically it's more like 25 to 100 years.

My (bought, not burned) CDs from the 80s and 90s are all in perfect working order. (At least none have failed me yet and I'm still playing them on a regular basis, ofc I don't play all of them every day.)

I know from first hand there are CDs from the 90s that no longer work but I hear your point. Your mileage on a Blu-ray will vary.

I searched for the life expectancy of a Blu-ray on Google and here is what it pulled back:

"According to an article about optical discs on MonstersandCritics.com, Blu-ray discs have shown to last a minimum of 15 years in testing, with data retention of up to 30 years".

They may work longer then 15 years but physical media is no more of an assurance you will still be able to play your games in the future then digital is.

Anyway, I'm sorry for derailing your thread by responding to that point. I didn't own a PS3 so my first experience of Heavy Rain was the remaster and it was not included on there, so I will also probably never get to experience it.

Also, I'm in the same boat regarding PvZ on the Vita. It is my biggest regret of a game I never snagged while available.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4.4.2019 at 10:13 PM, HuntingFever said:

I couldn't find any vanilla game data, but de- and reinstalling of both Move Edition game data somehow fixed the problem anyway.

Not sure why, but it worked in that starting Taxidermist no longer takes me to the mockup store, but to the episode's menu.

Thank you for your help.

• Like 1