For the people who managed to beat MF with Terra

I have a couple of questions:

1) How the hell do you deal with him when he is invisible? Does this phase trigger automatically when he reaches a certain amount of health or is it timed?

2) Do second chance and once more not work when I am in the air? 

3) Is there a viable way to avoid is laser attack? (the one where he summons orbs)

4) Does leveling up actually help? (Currently level 45 and this fight is the only thing stopping me from getting this platinum)

5) Is thunder surge still the best approach to this fight? I was thinking on throwing some daisy sorbets to trigger rhythm mixer need to test if this helps.

Thanks and happy hunting!

30 minutes ago, Pudimflam said:

I have a couple of questions:

1) How the hell do you deal with him when he is invisible? Does this phase trigger automatically when he reaches a certain amount of health or is it timed?

2) Do second chance and once more not work when I am in the air? 

3) Is there a viable way to avoid is laser attack? (the one where he summons orbs)

4) Does leveling up actually help? (Currently level 45 and this fight is the only thing stopping me from getting this platinum)

5) Is thunder surge still the best approach to this fight? I was thinking on throwing some daisy sorbets to trigger rhythm mixer need to test if this helps.

Thanks and happy hunting!

1. Use thunder surge on him if you're lucky, or just flee and pray for the best. It's random.
  2. Yes, but only if you don't use aerial recovery or payback fang. If you do use it, the combo will be broken and second chance or once more (whchever one is for retaining 1 hp when being hit with a combo) won't activate due to you breaking the combo.
  3. I never could.
  4. Barely, you might need a few hits less. Not worth it imo, but you might think it is.
  5. Yes, but feel free to give the sorbets a try.

1) You keep sliding away until he is visible again

2) I believe they work because when he hit me with the clones he did a combo in the air (like 10 hits) without killing me

3) Slide away. I think you can be caught two times and the third is insta-death ( unless you are talking about a different move)

4) In ps3 i beat him around your level.In ps4 i beat him certainly below 40s. In theory the more you level the more damage you can inflict.Don't know if there is a cap

5) The problem in this fight is how you won't get rekt from him.Thunder Surge can deal damage while keeping you safe.I remember videos in youtube where they beat him normally, but you see a lot of shit in youtube nowadays

I actually struggled as much with No Heart with Terra as I did with MF :/ but I did it on Critical since I figured he’d bring me down to 1HP anyway regardless of difficulty. Anyway:

1) Ehhhh get lucky, mostly. There are still some animation effects which you can see even when he’s invisible so try and just dodge/thunder surge into him when you get an opening. You can also cancel him out of the invisibility by attacking as he charges it up but you need to be very fast (or lucky). As for when it triggers, he only seems to do it after taking a chunk of damage and after that it seems to just be in his roster of attacks and he can use it whenever. Including basically back to back after he gets out of it. Which is fun.  And he seems to really like doing it back to back when he’s closer to death. 

2) Make sure you have aerial recovery/payback (or any similar abilities) turned off!! This will likely be why you’re dying in midair, as second chance/once more DO work. Also there’s sometimes you have like a tiny gap where you can heal as you’re in midair. If you don’t, any of his next attacks can count as a separate combo.

3) You can actually guard against this one, if you time it well. There’s basically “waves” of the orbs attacking and you need to learn the timing of when to dodge/block. It’s slightly easier to time with a block than a dodge, but I still couldn’t get it reliably either way. One time I’d successfully block it all, and then next I’d be hit with every one.

4) I ended up making out my level. It helps in terms of the battle taking less time, but it’s still largely getting lucky with what moves he uses, so don’t expect levelling to make an instant difference or anything.

5) I don’t know, I only ever used Thunder Surge/Cure. Could be worth trying but I can’t say from experience either way. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pudimflam said:

Thanks for the tips guys! I will beat him eventually 1f605.png

This fight mostly boils down to being lucky, skill will only get you so far. Just keep at it and you'll kick MF's ass eventually. A lot of times you'll feel cheated, especially when MF turns invisible and spawns clones that each use an attack or when he does that insta-death move three times in a row exactly when you've just finished sliding.

Terra is by far the shittiest one, which is why I always did it first to get it out of the way and not be dreading it! In fact, Terra sucked for all of the optional bosses. The fight is so poorly designed no matter what character you play as.

Do you have Ice Slide equipped by any chance? If memory serves me, for some reason that makes him much more aggressive using certain moves such as the one where he binds you and you have a Doom counter that becomes impossible to beat very quickly. So yeah, get rid of Ice Slide if you have it!

Just a quick update

Managed to beat MF at level 45 with Terra, but this fight is complete ass. I only managed to do it because for some reason the MF never went invisible. I have no idea what causes it but I am glad that this is over.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

• Like 2