Gr4de_04

Lookin for a trophy guide co-writer

18 posts in this topic

Hello folks, I'm working on a trophy guide for this game but it is MASSIVE.
There's a lot of things going on for these trophies and writing all of it on my own will take ages. I prefer to have someone to work with.

Im primarily interested in someone who knows a lot about, or hasn't done a lot of majima encounters, as well as sub stories, as these are the most daunting parts of the guide.

Only requirements i have is that you have either written a full game guide of your own before or if you have been a co-writer for at least 3 guides, as I would really like someone with experience for this trophy guide project. If you are interested simply reply to this thread or sent me a forum message if you prefer to keep things private.

Thanks in advance.

Ps: I'm dutch myself but my English is very good as well, but if you are a fellow dutchie that would make it simpler for us to communicate. :D

Sorry I'm not interested in writing, but I just have a recommendation: 

If you know a way to make Noveau Riche enemies spawn faster that would be a very useful bit of info on this guide. I know there's the skill you have to buy from Bob with CP to make them appear in the city, but if there's a method to make them spawn or where to find them easily that would be immensely helpful.

Thank you! 

I just discovered the celebrity perfume does the trick! Apologies for bothering this forum. Cheers. 

Edited by Seskinator

I recommend you make a separate guide for the Yakuza minigames, as that seems to be what prevents a lot of people from getting the platinum trophy.

I have this from PS Plus+, I may make either this game or Dark Souls my 200th platinum.

I apreciate all the tips. But i really don't wanna write this guide by myself. So i will put this on hold until somoneone else feels like helping.

Man, I would really appreciate a guide. I hate jumping into a game, without any knowledge of how much time it will take me, difficulty, grind etc. 

I got the Platinum trophy for Yakuza 0 last summer, and since I'm starting to miss these awesome characters, I want to try Yakuza Kiwami. But I'm reading all sorts of conflicting opinions. Some say it is much harder than 0, some say it is much easier. Most people say it's shorter, but some say that mini-games are harder, so they might be more time consuming than in 0. I would really love a Platinum guide, or at least an estimate of time to Platinum, difficulty, grind etc. compared to 0. I kind of want to do both Kiwami 1 and 2 this summer, where I have some time. 

23 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Man, I would really appreciate a guide. I hate jumping into a game, without any knowledge of how much time it will take me, difficulty, grind etc. 

I got the Platinum trophy for Yakuza 0 last summer, and since I'm starting to miss these awesome characters, I want to try Yakuza Kiwami. But I'm reading all sorts of conflicting opinions. Some say it is much harder than 0, some say it is much easier. Most people say it's shorter, but some say that mini-games are harder, so they might be more time consuming than in 0. I would really love a Platinum guide, or at least an estimate of time to Platinum, difficulty, grind etc. compared to 0. I kind of want to do both Kiwami 1 and 2 this summer, where I have some time. 

The thing with Yakuza games is that while similar they have some alterations to the minigames. Because of this, all it takes is just one minigame change to make it harder to grasp to a particular person and to that person that game will be considered harder while to others that found that minigame easy it will be considered easier.

Yakuza Kiwami is roughly the same as Zero in difficulty. The minigames are roughly the same along with the CP requirements. The change is with the catfight minigame that was changed to a card-based one where you only have to play one round at a time so you don't have that awful bet on a kitty and hope she wins a 3 round tournament RNG. This makes Kiwami easier.

But then Kiwami has the Haruka requests that make it harder and were a lot of people struggle. In these, you have to win certain minigames with a determined score (like leaving a Poker table with a gain of 2000 chips). These requirements aren't too bad (some are just the CP requirement minus some value so if you get the CP you should also be able to do these), the problem comes with the last requests for Pool and Karaoke. In Pool, you have to beat the AI on the highest difficulty on Rotation and at Karaoke the request asks for 950+ points on the hardest song in the game so if you suck at these two minigames you might get stuck.

As for the guide, if gamesfourever is still looking for someone to help him out I don't mind. Always considered doing a guide for a Yakuza game but gave up on the idea because of how much information there is to add and I felt like CyricZ on GameFAQs already did a good job of putting it together (although I would like for a more detailed substories section).

Thanks @TugaSonic ! Yeah, I should probably not worry too much about. I know I'll have a great time with the game. 0 was fantastic. How about Climax Battles in Kiwami? Are they bad? They provided me a bit of trouble in 0. 

28 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Thanks @TugaSonic ! Yeah, I should probably not worry too much about. I know I'll have a great time with the game. 0 was fantastic. How about Climax Battles in Kiwami? Are they bad? They provided me a bit of trouble in 0. 

I'm having trouble remembering them so I would say easier (but not that much) since when it comes to climax battles the ones that are stuck to my head are the ones I struggled with like the whole Majima style constantly changing challenge in 0 and when it comes to Kiwami nothing comes to mind except one particular boss that uses guns. One tip I can say that I believe also helped with 0 is that if you can learn to use the Tiger Drop technique (the counter-attack) then you can almost one-hit KO every enemy in the game (bosses lose one whole health bar).

Thanks @TugaSonic ! I think Yakuza 0 took me 140 hours to Platinum (maybe more, but I think it was around 140 hours). Should I expect the same for Kiwami?

Edited by Maahniac

7 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Thanks @TugaSonic ! I think Yakuza 0 took me 140 hours to Platinum (maybe more, but I think it was around 140 hours). Should I expect the same for Kiwami?

Not at all, i Think it took me around 50-70.  It was the first entry of the series ;)

On 5/24/2019 at 11:20 AM, Maahniac said:

this is why i have not played this game yet, waiting for the guide to be out first.  dont wanna put over 70-100 hours and 7+/10 means no go from me.... to lazy these days xD

14 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

this is why i have not played this game yet, waiting for the guide to be out first.  dont wanna put over 70-100 hours and 7+/10 means no go from me.... to lazy these days xD

Yeah, same here :D I'm getting old. I want games without too much grinding, and a ... casual challenge. I don't mind difficult games, but the days of WipEout HD, Shadow Warrior, Outlast insane runs and grotesque grinds feel like they are behind me. 

The game itself isn't that difficult, but I'm rather experienced in rythm games, so karaoke wasn't that hard for me.

I would rate it a solid 6/10 because of the mini games. The fighting isn't that difficult if you unlock the ridiculous overpowered Tiger Drop skill.
It was my first Yakuza game and I managed to beat it with a few tips here and there so you guys (and girls of course) shouldn't have tooo much of a problem.

The time for the platinum is something else though. As OP said, the game is huge. I would say that you'll need 90-120 hours to complete it, think it took me about 124 hours.

2 hours ago, Maahniac said:

It should be a lot less, my playtime was around 70 hours (according to my save file) which is almost half compared with my playtime on 0. Some reasons for this is that the story is shorter compared to games like zero since it's a remake of the first game released on the PS2 and you only play as Kiryu. The minigames are roughly the same but for example, you don't have the win 10 bets trophy from the catfight minigame so this already should decrease a lot of time since you might have lost a few hours on that if you were unlucky.

This may help for a good start, helps you get over powered early on which will naturally help with everything;

I wouldn’t mind helping out, as I’m going after the platinum anyway. I was a little surprised not to see a guide for this incredible game.

So far the most difficult part for me was karaoke. Every song requires a score of 900/1000. The exception is singing with Haruka, which requires getting 950/1000, or half the allowable error. The song cannot be done on simple, as it caps at 900. I managed to get the trophy associated with it, but it required at least 10 hours of practice spread across two days. Hence, I can only suggest practicing.

Another part of the game I struggled with was Mahjong. For beginners like myself, it was mind blowing. After about two days, I picked up on the rhythm and started winning consistently. It is basically like Rummy, only with Japanese tiles. sequenced numbers, or triples are the most simple path towards winning the round. The numbered tiles range from 1 to 9, one set unfortunately is written in Japanese Kanji (Japanese characters), which means you need to memorize them in order to win.

Additional rewards can be earned with honor tiles. Triple of the green, red, or blank tiles (dragons); triple of the wind direction (depends on the number value beside it). A Dora can also occur when winning with tiles in your hand that are equal to the tile in the middle plus one.

As for stealing tiles, it should only be considered and only if you either have a triple honor, or if you have a pair and can steal the third. The reason is that it is much easier to win while your hand is ”concealed.” By stealing, you open up your hand and restrict your requirements to win significantly; in addition, you also lower your score. Therefore I suggest only stealing if there is no other option.

For example, you have 2 red dragons and the third has been discarded. There’s a forth still lurking about that you might draw (hence keeping your hand concealed). The forth one is then discarded, which means it’s your last chance to get the triple honor; I suggest picking it up then to complete the honor requirement so that you can steal freely. Keep in mind that even though you are likely to win the round, you get less points. If you have just one in your hand (a green dragon for example), it’s usually better to discard it immediately, unless you are a risk taker like myself. 

I would like to also point out that I only started playing Mahjong two days ago, and only started to get good yesterday, so my advice might be questionable. Please kindly point it out, it might help me get to the #1 rank (currently just #2).

edit: Just finished chapter 9 on legend difficulty. The car shoot out was a pain, but not as difficult as I thought. Just be aggressive and shoot the targets in yellow, so they can’t fire back. Save Heat Eye for the rockets and the van ramming.

On to Climax Battles!

Edited by FearElemental
Update done legendary mode.