What Platinum Trophy are you NOT planning on getting?

JoaLoft

Seeing as how there are several threads inquiring about what platinum trophies you definitely want to get, I was wondering: what platinum trophy/trophies are you skipping?

I got the idea after I played a specific, recently released game. My recent platinum trophy that I do not plan on getting is Generation Zero.

Where to even begin with this clusterfuck of a game. Playing solo is already bad enough, and finding people to properly play coop with seems like a chore. Most trophies seem doable, but the game is such an absolute bore. I kid you not, I actually started to fall asleep after just five or six hours of gameplay, and that's without reaching the main island. Tedious, uninspired, bland, it's a disgraceful game. I can push myself to get platinum trophies to a certain extent, but this is where I draw the line. This is absolutely not worth my time. I am not even going to attempt getting this, and I'm just moving on to something better.

What is your most recent game you won't be completing?

Wolfy 2, cos of that unskippable 10 minutes at the start. I'm done :) 

NFS Payback - Can't be arsed to do the challenges.

Slayaway Camp - Can't be arsed to grind the final kills. 

Few others, cos boring and I can't be bothered.

31 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

Red Dead Redemption 2, I still need to complete the story but getting 100% in that game is like a nightmare (I might put Devil May Cry V in this category but it really going to depend how I feel after doing all difficulties). 

Same here,  I quit once I caught a legendary fish and it wouldn't let me send it,  glad that happened honestly because online trophies look like torture.

• Like 1

Maybe I skip the platinum of Mount&Blade: Warband. This lovely old game sadly has quite a few multiplayer trophies, and tedious ones at that. Problem is that the multiplayer is dead, like "only a bunch of people doing random shit in a single lobby" kind of dead. Getting the trophies would take quite a few hours, even with a healthy multiplayer, but whenever you join that one lobby, that usually lacks even the required factions/units to attempt the trophies, you just get instantly killed by people who probably played this game a lot, and it is not exactly beginner friendly to begin with.

With some of the trophies having very special demands on how to kill your enemies, and given that these are insanely easy countered even if they ends up being available for once, there is almost no chance of unlocking these even with a massive time investment. Boosting seems hopeless too, as there are only like 14-15 active players. Of these, some already have the trophies, and the ones that don't seemingly have no interest in even attempting to get them, not the ones I've asked at least. So if there isn't a surprise boosting session appearing at some point later down the line, then I'm afraid this ones gonna have to stay unfinished.

Normally I always start a game with the intention of getting the platinum. I can see Monster Hunter World testing that resolve as well once I start it because it seems both insanely grindy and entirely depending on luck for some things.

I mean, I don't plan on getting the Platinum in most games I start. If I'm not feeling a game anymore I will happily back out and play something else at any point, even with a single trophy remaining, but the most recent game I played that I can say with near certainty I won't get the platinum in is:

PlayStation VR Worlds I played Scavengers Odyssey early Sunday afternoon and felt nauseous for the rest of the afternoon and evening because of all the jumping and changing of perspective. I won't be jumping back into that game again in a hurry.

• Like 1

Assassins Creed Brotherhood (PS3) - You need to get the trophy Abstergo Employee of the Month, which requires you to earn every single bonus at least once. There is also a trophy (Role Model) that requires no less than four people and extreme coordination.

After hearing how bad the servers are and how much of a grind it is to reach level 50, this is probably one of two Assassins Creed games that I'm simply going to skip on getting the platinum. Too much hassle, and I hate having to rely on other people working together for hours at a time to get shit done, especially if it's a dead online that requires boosting all the way.

At least I have the PS4 version done, and to me that's all that matters.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) - The trophy Run Like the Wind is unobtainable by normal means. The single player and the multiplayer are both a huge grind which will likely take me a couple hundred hours to get it all done. This version I hear is full of hackers and glitchers, so I'm going to pass on it.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) - Much like the PS3 version, there is simply too much grinding in both the single player and multiplayer for me to bother with. Maybe one day I'll come back to mop up some single player trophies and play some multiplayer. But I don't plan on getting everything needed for the platinum, and in addition to the platinum, if I want 100 percent I have to do the regular heists and the Doomsday heist, which is a royal pain in the ass based on what I've heard from people on this website.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Of the things I actually can do with enough time and patience it is definitely Red Dead Redemption 2. I got everything except gold medals in story mode and it is just too tedious to continue with the tools they give you. GTAV was waaaaaaaaay more comfortable in that matter.

5 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Same here,  I quit once I caught a legendary fish and it wouldn't let me send it,  glad that happened honestly because online trophies look like torture.

They weren't too bad initially besides the level 50 one, but now that Rockstar has "fixed" most of the things that made it tolerable...

Most likely Agents of Mayhem. I really like the game and would have every intention of earning the plat. However, my first playthrough glitched and wouldn't continue the story after killing the first lieutenant. I put in about 6 hours thinking I just had to complete more side missions. Well I had a ton of the Agent missions done and... Nothing. No NPC to talk to. No icon on the world map. I checked online; I should have been able to start the next story mission as soon as I did the first Agent mission. I do plan on restarting but if it happens again that's it.

Monster Hunter World for me... i played the story mode and now i need to kill all those big monsters (~ 30 of them) over and over again to get research points and slay a very big one for a gold crown and a very small one for a silver crown... besides that there are more trophies than depend on random events... grinding many hours for research points is one bad thing, but hoping on luck based gold and silver crowns? No thanks...

Besides that i started Dirt Rally and it's really difficult... it's a great off road racing title but i finish between 3rd to 5th place any rally... last place in all other racing categories?! :(

I'll add Dark Souls PS3: at the moment i plan on finishing the story once but besides that not more...

Edited by Evil_Joker88

4 minutes ago, SouIXReaper said:

Conan: Exiles. I probably won't even download this game. Bad enough that PS Plus no longer gives us Vita and PS3 games, but 1 of the 2 PS4 games is straight up garbage. This is a hard pass for me.

The least they can do is offer a Playstation VR game, and a smaller indie game in addition to the two Playstation 4 games.

Instead, they took away both the PS3 and Vita games out of Playstation Plus with nothing in return. We're paying more money now to get less.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

I can see Monster Hunter World testing that resolve as well once I start it because it seems both insanely grindy and entirely depending on luck for some things.

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Monster Hunter World for me... i played the story mode and now i need to kill all those big monsters (~ 30 of them) over and over again to get research points and slay a very big one for a gold crown and a very small one for a silver crown... besides that there are more trophies than depend on random events... grinding many hours for research points is one bad thing, but hoping on luck based gold and silver crowns? No thanks...

Depends on how much you like the game. I've truly enjoyed the crown hunt. Not to mention you can drastically increase the chance of getting the crown - special multiple hunts quests + hardcore hunts like 15 min./1 faint, etc.

For me personally, it's 2018 GOTY. I've played it for 400+ hours. I would play it till today, but too many great games releasing. I can't wait for the autumn DLC to have an excuse (possibly new trophies) to get back into it.

Edited by BloodyRutz

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - Ultimate Battler trophy is a pain in the a$$...

Far Cry 2 - Long & boring grinds. 500 REVIVES? Pass!

Ghostbusters: The Video Game - Servers closed, did all offline trophies.

Max Payne 3 - The Shadows Rushed Me trophy is just murder...

Midnight Club: Los Angeles - Servers closed, gonna do all offline trophies.

Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe - Servers closed, did all offline trophies.

Portal 2 - Servers closed, did all single player trophies.

Twisted Metal - Servers closed, ridicules trophy requirements.

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 2

Assassin's Creed 4 and Unity: I have always wanted to platinum all the AC games and due to the remasters without the multiplayer trophies being in them I finally am able to but I can't because of multiplayer trophies for Black Flag, which is a shame cause Black Flag is my favourite game in the series, hoping that maybe one day when Ubisoft close down the servers that they might end up removing the online/multiplayer trophies. If developers can add new trophies why can't they remove them? And with Unity...yeah I hate it the worst one in the series and it has coop trophies don't want to waste my time with it when I can platinum a game that I enjoy.   

Edited by Cerulean3