Screen Tearing and Audio Issues

I sure was excited to get back into this game. Been years. Well, I boot it up tonight and was getting disappointment after disappointment. For starters, the intro "2K" Audio was gone. (personal nostalgia would like it, no biggie, but first impressions, right?).

Now to the real concerns:

- SCREEN TEARING - This is horribly distracting. Most of it is on the top quarter, but I even get tears in the middle of the screen. This is noticeable on my PS4 Pro from the opening area. Just running around and looking left to right quickly makes it very visible. 

- Audio Clipping - I've noticed this in cut scenes where it sounds like the audio is clipping or cutting out, even at low volumes. 

- 5.1 Surround sound mixing issues - Surround sound works for ambient noises, but directional audio does not seem to work. For example in the starting area when you are waiting for the gate to open, vehicles spawn from behind you and jump over you and the gate as Claptrap hides. Well on PS3 you can hear the vehicles coming from behind you on the surround speakers. This does not happen at all on the PS4 version. Neither does turning your character change the speaker for audio, instead it just dulls it down. 

Anyone else running into these problems? I've heard issues of connecting with others but I have not gotten that far. I am sadly going to shelf this game until a patch. Please open a support ticket with Gearbox if you have not already. https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Afro_Gear said:

I sure was excited to get back into this game. Been years. Well, I boot it up tonight and was getting disappointment after disappointment. For starters, the intro "2K" Audio was gone. (personal nostalgia would like it, no biggie, but first impressions, right?).

Now to the real concerns:

- SCREEN TEARING - This is horribly distracting. Most of it is on the top quarter, but I even get tears in the middle of the screen. This is noticeable on my PS4 Pro from the opening area. Just running around and looking left to right quickly makes it very visible. 

- Audio Clipping - I've noticed this in cut scenes where it sounds like the audio is clipping or cutting out, even at low volumes. 

- 5.1 Surround sound mixing issues - Surround sound works for ambient noises, but directional audio does not seem to work. For example in the starting area when you are waiting for the gate to open, vehicles spawn from behind you and jump over you and the gate as Claptrap hides. Well on PS3 you can hear the vehicles coming from behind you on the surround speakers. This does not happen at all on the PS4 version. Neither does turning your character change the speaker for audio, instead it just dulls it down. 

Anyone else running into these problems? I've heard issues of connecting with others but I have not gotten that far. I am sadly going to shelf this game until a patch. Please open a support ticket with Gearbox if you have not already. https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I also have screen tearing issue. It's omnipresent during gameplay.

I did not notice audio clipping in cutscenes, but while collecting audio logs, one of them simply stopped playing and game had lowered it's volume for a minute or two.

5.1 sound does not work properly for me either.

The game froze on me twice, both times during loading screen animation, both times i had to eject the disk.

When playing couch co-op framerate drops drastically, input latency issue is also present.

This was the first pre-order for me in 6 years and it did not turn out ok.

P.S. I also play on ps4 pro and i've been asking around - it seems that those folks who play on regular ps4 do not have screen tearing issues.