What Platinum trophy broke you and why ?

ajkungfu

Let's see, it was the plat for Alone With You, some cheap game on the Vita. After I finished that I got word Skyrim was releasing soon on the PS4. I knew as soon as I got into that I'd get fuck all accomplished, so I decided You know what, I'll play the Witcher to kill time till October 2016. Played that for awhile, then switched to Skyrim on release day and played that non stop all the way through to the following January. Then I went on deployment to Qatar and took only my Vita with me. Played through Day of the Tentacle and half assed my way through part of Ar no Surge Plus. When I got home in April 2017, I couldn't remember what I was in the middle of doing in Skyrim, so I switched to No Man's Sky to experience the new content even though I'd platted the game already. Elite Dangerous released the following July of 2017 and I said to myself Yeah, I'll sink...psshh 17 weeks worth of gameplay time into this game no problem. Around August 2018 I decided to get back into The Witcher and also started playing around with mods in Skyrim, which as you know completely block you from earning trophies. Then this last January my wife got me into Final Fantasy XIV and I said you know what, I don't give a rats ass about this trophy shit right now and haven't really since the middle of 2016, then I realized Final Fantasy is awesome again and as soon as I get tired of Final Fantasy XIV I'm going to play through every single Final Fantasy game because Yes We Can.

So to answer your question, the plat that broke me was Alone With You because [insert fart noise].

Amplitude.

I like rhythm games, but this has NO practice mode and NO no-fail mode. There's no way for me to get better at certain parts of certain songs other than restarting a million times until I eventually get it. Its the songs that have the ABCBABCBABCBABC type of notes, my brain just cant wrap around how to do those. I tried the mental thing of seperating it into A -BC - A - BC -A - BC but it just doesnt work. I tried the bootleg way of having no fail mode on with multiplayer, but the camera is way zoomed out and not representative of actual gameplay. 

Ive been trying on and off now for months, its just like 3 songs I cant even BEAT consistently...

• Like 2

No platinum truly broke me ,but close to breaking was DMC5. Those S ranks...those stupid S ranks on Dante Must Die. Swear to god the score results for some missions is buggy as hell.

But if there is a Platinum that will beat that it will be Fist of the North Star : Lost Paradise. Still working on it, that stupid Doctor Ken trophy is murdering my soul. Why are Japanese developers so in love with rhythm games I simply can't understand.

• Like 3

Diablo 3. The post game grind was unbelievable. I gave up rather than waste my life.

Fallout 4. Final trophy is to max happiness at a settlement, I'm constantly 1% behind despite resorting to following a guide to the letter. I'm convinced it's bugged on me.

Yakuza. I just can't get the mahjong trophies.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 2

Injustice 2 Level Grind.
I finished every other Trophy, but the Level Up Grind to get Level 20 on every Champion is a bit to long.
It was way better on the release months but now it takes longer.
Maybe I will grind the last levels for the champs when I'm bored but I didn't planned to do this for the next time.
And also the Grind for the Clan Fight Minigame at Yakuza 6.

Oh and I stopped playing Stardew Valley on PS4 after I saw the Mini Game Trophy.

Edited by YesImAPwnda
  • Like 2

The survival trophy on Dead or Alive 5 on the xbox drove me insane and I couldn't obtain it, it was the only one I needed for completion, but on the PS3 someone recommended that I tried survival first before unlocking certain characters like Gen Fu and Akira and I believe I got the hardest survival on the second try, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge trials were a little annoying but I'd do that game all over again if I could, it was really fun except for the clan battles eesh.

• Like 2

Not a platinum but the trophy "Requiem for a Killer" from Batman: Arkham Knight nearly broke me. You need atleast a combo of 400 to be able to fight Killer Croc on the Icebergue Lounge but the type of enemies that spawn (shield, stun batons and ninjas) make this challenge nearly impossible.

I was able to get it after a week of training but I don't think I can do it again

• Like 3