What Platinum trophy broke you and why ?

ajkungfu

17 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

If you didn't care you wouldn't of tried to make a stupid point about me not admitting that a game I've done broke me, more or less. The people who don't care about me mostly don't comment on anything I write anyway.

You simply read this and made stupid accusations. This was the comment I made two years ago:

Where did I make the flex? Nobody else made this point except yourself. I simply said "possibly Mighty No 9, but I haven't yet reached a game that really broke me. I must be lucky". Did you simply read the lines "I must be lucky" to just assume I came on here to purposely flex my accomplishments?

Up until this last page, I simply made a couple responses on this thread, glanced at all the other responses here, and moved on to other threads.

I already have a thread where I flex, and that is the thread I have on the Trophy Checklists subforum. If you want to make your own thread on there that's great, I encourage people who love trophy hunting to start their own threads so they can write their own experiences.

All you did @Vault-TecPhantom was try to take a jab at me, which I don't appreciate, and if you're trying to tell me my comments prior to you quoting the one I made regarding Mighty No 9 were comments that go against the thread title, then I don't know what to say.

god, you're obnoxious. No, I don't care. The only reason why I commented is because you were being a nuisance. If anyone cared then you wouldn't feel the need to constantly seek attention. You're so lacking in self-awareness that you honestly wonder if a single sentence is what makes you so annoying as opposed to you constantly going in threads, including this one, to flex even when it defeats the purpose of the thread.

Whatever. You don't read posts properly anyway so explaining this to you over and over is like talking to a brick wall. I'm afraid I've had enough. I hope your desperate attempts to come across as an Internet Badass adequately replaces whatever is missing in your life. Peace. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

god, you're obnoxious. No, I don't care. The only reason why I commented is because you were being a nuisance. If anyone cared then you wouldn't feel the need to constantly seek attention. You're so lacking in self-awareness that you honestly wonder if a single sentence is what makes you so annoying as opposed to you constantly going in threads, including this one, to flex even when it defeats the purpose of the thread.

Whatever. You don't read posts properly anyway so explaining this to you over and over is like talking to a brick wall. I'm afraid I've had enough. I hope your desperate attempts to come across as an Internet Badass adequately replaces whatever is missing in your life. Peace. 

Nice generalization there. 

I’m apparently lacking to the point where I have a passion for this hobby. 

I make one post, you respond in a manner that I felt was rude. Then you proceed to tell me that I’m just seeking attention. 

I’ve been a part of this community for a long time, but that never mattered. 

Don’t bother to comment on anything I make, because I don’t appreciate people who are “fickle” about my content. We’re done. 

Ignoring the spat going on earlier in this thread...

The PS Plus game of August: "Hunter: Arena Legends". I was getting pretty good at the game and decided that I wanted to platinum it before the lobbies emptied.

Now when I say it broke me, it didn't break my spirit or anything... It broke me physically, not dramatically or anything, but I had never been in physical pain while playing a non-VR/ motion-controlled game.

Multiplayer games where I don't fully understand the controls tend too give me blisters because I mash all four buttons at once, but the other physical pain is...

*Context* I play the PS5 in the living room and sit relatively far away from it, also I'm Slightly short sighted but not to the point that the glasses would be useful

The small text made me strain my eyes so badly that my eyes were red for hours and I felt them twitching at night as I slept.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

L0558c8.png

1Lc670c1.png

Here's a game that probably doesn't need an introduction. I have another game on my list that I would say a few words about as well, but since I'm not done with it, I'll do it once I've completed it. For now, I'll be talking about this.

I've talked about my experiences in this game before, so if you want to read about my platinum journey, you can do so here. That being said, I'll give a brief summary why this platinum broke me.

Perfect relics: Clear a level while breaking all the boxes and without dying. Self-explanatory. Doing it without dying is manageable, but because you'll also have to break all the boxes as well, that's where things get harder. It wouldn't be so bad except that many of the levels have boxes hidden out of sight, which means that missing one forces you to restart. Because of this bs, I decided to stick to walkthrough videos after I missed at least one box in one of the earlier levels a few times. The only good thing I have to say about the perfect relics is that you only need to do it once per level. It doesn't matter if you do it on Normal or on Inverted version, doing it once is enough.

Hardest one to get the perfect relic: I'd say Toxic Tunnels. The colored gem route is the main reason. Do I honestly have to say more?

Other levels I had trouble with are: Bears Repeating, Building Bridges and Crash Landed. Screw these riding levels.

Platinum relics: In the N. Sane Trilogy, you only had to collect the gold ones to get the platinum trophy. Here, you have to do better than that which is nice since the platinum relics are no longer for a show off. That being said, this wasn't the hardest part, but because they made things much more annoying (thanks to the Triple Spin), I can't say they were exactly easy either. Most of the levels were manageable after some trial and error, but some of them were just barely possible for me to clear, like the first level. If only they had just kept the Speed Shoes instead of giving something different...

Hardest level to get the platinum relic: Rock Blocked. There were a few levels that I had a tough time with, but I'll still stick to the one I've said in the platinum post which is this. I played a total of five hours straight before I finally got the platinum relic from this level. I know I could've taken a break and done it later, but I was stubborn and decided to finish it anyway. By the time I got it done, it was past 2 am and I was mentally tired.

What was so bad about it? It isn't the platinum requirement, though I recall missing it at least once, which didn't make me happy. Instead, it's that goddamn glitch at the start of the 2nd half of the level which ruined some of my attempts (rarely did I get that far). That, and certain parts in Dingodile's half which also added more frustration, be it getting stuck on tree trunks which ruined some of the jumps or blowing up all those gates in order to progress.

Oh, and the glitch? Every time you try to double jump after pulling off a Triple Spin near the first lava part in the 2nd half, the jump gets cancelled and you'll fall to your death. There's nothing you can do if this happens since the controls get locked. The glitch itself can be avoided, but having to repeat Dingodile's slow ass part every time I failed got super boring. This was easily the most frustrating thing about this game, besides that glitch in Crash Landed where the final geysir doesn't work sometimes and you'll need to use that to get the box gem. 

To sum it up, this platinum was easily the hardest one I've done so far. Not only did it require a lot of skill, but it also tested my patience at times. I also should mention that I almost gave up on platinum at least twice, but I'm glad I didn't. All that trouble was more or less worth it. As a game, however, it was great, but it could've been better. The experience was mainly ruined by all those hidden boxes, riding sections which were a pain in the ass to redo whenever you missed a box and glitches on certain levels. Perhaps the next game will fix all these issues? Hopefully.

I also should mention that I might do the PS5 version someday (without auto-popping), but not anytime soon. I need some time to prepare.

One more thing. The platinum trophy image is rather bland. It's not the worst I've seen, but it's the worst in the series.

And that's all there's to say.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/14/2019 at 9:40 PM, PraiseTheFluppi said:

DMC Devil May Cry for PS4. The game is fun and the trophies doable, until the point where you need to get SSS rankings, that's just not for me. I tried it a few times, I even did it twice I believe, but doing it for 10 different levels? Sadly I'm not that skilled to remember all those combos and play the game without getting hit, finishing the levels fast, and it isn't that much fun either 😕

Contrary to my own beliefs 4 years ago, I managed to get platinum in DmC Devil May Cry! 👌
It's fun to see how interests and preferences change over time, and also how gaming skill developes without noticing. Back in 2019, I was really bad in this game (I couldn't remember the combos and was unable to evade properly) and I was actually annoyed at the gameplay, so much so that I gave up on the platinum. Now in 2024, I finally completed the trophies and guess what - it was (kinda) easy and extremely fun! I'm actually considering playing the original Devil May Cry games, I sort of fell in love with the satisfying gameplay :D

Bad Company for sure. 250 hours of toxic early PS3 era multiplayer. Dozens of sweat lifers even 15 years after launch. Not to mention 24 players needed to lock lobbies. Was the only game my circle touched for about a month. At least @shipper321 @XxDante56xX @imminent-file5and Shlomo made it hilarious. Many nights of binge drinking. Learning more about these guys than I’d like. 

• Like 2

On 7/20/2021 at 8:55 AM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla. To be clear the platinum, itself, is incredibly straightforward but the game is so bug ridden and broken with collectibles that span the beginning to the end of a game so that if just one of those collectibles glitch out, which they most certainly will, it's over. It's amazing the amount of people I see complaining that a glitch held them back from getting the platinum despite all the info out there showing that this game is broken. 

Destiny 2, more specifically the leviathan raid on prestige difficulty. The trophy list is actually fun and Destiny 2 is one of my fave games of all time. The problem is I got the platinum before I discovered PSN profiles and the D2 community is toxic AF, ruined the experience and is why I havent returned. You will hear everything from racist, sexist language when things don't go as planned, or even people just being casually racist and sexist out of nowhere, seemingly assuming everyone in the voice chat is white and/or right winged. It was the game that made me very selective when doing gaming sessions to avoid encountering such people again and helped me identify patterns of behaviour to easily identify such people because some are sneaky about their bigotry. There's also some players, not necessarily trophy hunters who take it way too seriously. I saw one guy freak out in a chat as he documented his frustrations playing a ranked match with randomers and he wasn't winning so couldn't get the weapon he wanted. He immediately left the clan and stopped playing D2 altogether. Some serious psychos out there, be careful peeps lol

Mafia III. This is the only one on this list that i do not have the platinum for and there's a very good reason: This platinum is so easy which is why it's absolutely infuriating that Hangar 13 cocked up some of the trophies with the definitive release recently by introducing a glitch that resets your 'save/kill all bosses' progress whenever you quit the app, forcing you to play the campaign in one go. The problem is the game is so poorly optimised that good luck making it to the end without a crash. There are some ways around this glitch but none that I have the time nor patience to deal with. Such a shame because it sours an otherwise decent instalment in the series.

It's funny looking back on this as I've since 100% all three games. While I wouldn't say they "broke me" anymore, I still don't remember them fondly. 

No platinum but a few dlc trophies have made me question what I was doing and ultimately moved on. I'll never get a 100% profile due to closed servers in a few games, so I don't have to go hardcore after every single dlc trophy, it still annoys me though.