What Platinum trophy broke you and why ?

ajkungfu

On 4/28/2019 at 7:45 PM, Spaz said:

Titan Souls

It's basically an indie game where you fight just bosses. The game was on PS+ Plus a few years ago which explains the number of game owners it has, but at the time I wasn't interested in picking this up and moved to other games.

I bought this game last week thinking it was going to be a difficult but satisfying experience. This is more annoying and infuriating, one of the most infuriating games I've played for trophies.

You're some kid with just an arrow. That's your entire weapon for the game. Shooting the arrows means you can retrieve it back by holding the Square button, which is absolutely necessary for one particular boss and one trophy.

Over 600 - 700 deaths later I am at the last boss before the platinum and it is killing me. Instead of making a wall of text I'll just link you the YouTube video...

In short, The Soul is basically a boss that mimics your movement. Problem is timing is so essential I literally had to watch two - three different videos to get even a fucking clue what I was supposed to do.

This game is a frustrating experience with a difficult trophy list. It requires you to beat the game in No Roll Mode, Hard Mode, Hard Mode with Iron Mode, and beating all Titans in Iron Mode. Iron Mode for those who don't know is a mode that gives you one life. If you die, it's back to the very beginning. Doesn't matter whether you're at the initial four bosses or the very last boss in the game, you're sent to the beginning.

I have downloaded my save from the cloud probably 200 - 300+ times because of fucking Iron Mode. Eventually I gave up and just use a USB stick because it transfers my save a little quicker.

Watching some gameplay videos gives you a good idea of how difficult this game is. In addition Hard Mode makes every boss a lot quicker and more difficult, with a few having addition moves to what they had in Normal difficulty.

Fuck this game. Never going to touch it again after I get the platinum.

Just finished Titan Souls myself and couldn't put it better... Thankfully the game itself is pretty short.

Far Cry 2- The server glitch

Max Payne 3- Permadeath

Destiny 2- Leviathan Raid

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City- S Ranks

Need for Speed Hot pursuit- Perfecting the drift 

Yakuza 3- Minigames

Metal Gear Solid 4- Multiple playthroughs and missables

Quantum of Solace on PS3. 

I had finished everything in the game except the last three multiplayer trophies which I was 2 matches away from completing (collect 100,000 credits... I was at about 98,000) when I was struck with the yellow light of death on the console... 

I was devastated and as this was before cloud saves I couldn't carry on with a new system. Instead that PS3 has been sat in it's box ever since and used as a door stop ever since, the copy of Quantum of Solace still forever stuck in it's disc tray.  

I'm assuming the servers shut down a long time ago now as well.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2019 at 6:04 AM, dj_helyx said:

I'm pretty lucky that I've never really come across a trophy that "broke me".

I second this, so far so good all the games i wanted to play are already 100% on my list, including but not limited to catherine, whole metal gear franchise (including rising - still gonna play phantom pain), vanquish, shadow of colossus, PAIN and others. some drove me mad but in the end persistence wins !!

• Like 1

Final Fantasy X-2. I don't know why I was so committed to getting that plat, but I did. It was just way too tedious. You miss 1 line of dialogue and you can't get 100%. And then when you beat the game, you have to play a strategy game which I didn't like. 

Edited by Lilseb93
  • Like 1

Didn't broke me but sure annoyed me. LEGO The Hobbit. One of the trophies requires you to finish all quests in the game, which isn't a problem in itself, if you played LEGO game before you'll know more or less how that looks. One quest was bugged though - there is day/night system, but very marginal, it limits to some quests being avaiable at day, others only at night. Bugged quest could be done during both the day and night, while it was supposed to be avaiable only during night. And i did it at day, so it didn't counted for the completion. As some of the quests involve gathering treasures from story levels and crafting other items, i had to replay the whole game again and hit 100% again. Took another two weeks of my life. I'll definetely do more research on glitches and bugs from now on, because i thought that the only issue would be getting brick before completing the quest, but then this happened.

DMC Devil May Cry for PS4. The game is fun and the trophies doable, until the point where you need to get SSS rankings, that's just not for me. I tried it a few times, I even did it twice I believe, but doing it for 10 different levels? Sadly I'm not that skilled to remember all those combos and play the game without getting hit, finishing the levels fast, and it isn't that much fun either :/
And Outlast 1 (even though it's just for 100%) and Outlast 2. I might try the Insane runs someday, but right now I don't think I could do it. I love this game, the first one more than the second, but still - running through the game without getting hit once and starting from the beginning if that happens - not nice.

For me the COD Black Ops Declassified on vita, I’m really broken! I have one trophy for the platinum and it’s the double down one. Currently I’m on over 600 attempts on getting 8 kills with 4 bullets and still cannot get it. 

I have watched  he’s all the videos online and only 3 or 4 times did I get 3 double kills - not once have I had the game spawn the enemies in the way needed for 8 kills.... I’ve had to put it down and will get back to it one day! 

• Like 1

It's going to be Monster Hunter: World for me. It's the first game on my profile that I'm looking at thinking "yeah no, I'll pass on the platinum thanks." The game is fun, much more fun than I originally gave it credit for. As much as I love the grind to keep getting stronger, the miniature crown and gold crown trophies will kill me.

Each hunt takes around 10 - 30 minutes (depending on what you're hunting), and that time will likely increase if you're hunting HUGE versions of the abnormally large monsters for the gold crowns. Not to mention, it's down to RNG to even find these monsters worthy of slaying for a gold crown. And you kinda have to guess as to whether the monster is just big enough to give you a gold crown and not a silver crown. And after all the stars have aligned to get you this far, then you have to manage to kill the thing without dying or having it "leave the area" (disappear forever). You could dump hundreds and hundreds of hours into this game and still never get half the gold crowns.

Nope. Nope. Nope. I'll play the game and have fun with it and gather as many trophies as possible, but as it stands right now, that platinum trophy is just NOT happening.

On 4/5/2019 at 2:12 AM, Aceboy9 said:

Red Dead 2 broke me, probably took 400 hours to get that platinum. Towards the end of my journey I began questioning my life and hobby of trophy collecting. I turned down social outings to stay inside and wander around in a virtual world for hours on end to find a god damn songbird I had to study and for what? A virtual trophy that means nothing? That game made me think, as I had plenty of time to playing that game. I loved the game and story but  I quickly realized it would be my longest platinum yet. In the end it’s nice to look back and see it’s my rarest trophy and my 50th platinum but I lost a part of myself during the process. 

Red Dead 2 is at the top of my list. The game was great, but the amount of grind in that game was just ughhh. 

Mafia II. I love that game, but attempting Platinum in that instead of just enjoying the game was a mistake, and it's something I now think about a lot more. I don't trophy hunt as much as I used to, and I know it's because of those stupid wanted posters, and playing that game on hard first go because I had a job and not enough time to play it two times all the way through. Eventually I'm going to burn out likely, and I guess I thank the game for that, as my stress levels aren't as bad now thanks to getting a grip on how much getting every trophy matters. Heck, I don't even have every trophy in that game! Just Platinum, missing two trophies from each DLC and I kinda don't want to get them.

Also, it's not Platinum, but can I please count Solbrain Knight of Darkness? I was the guy who proved it wasn't broken and that was eight or nine hours of my life..... For something I can only jokingly brag about because of how awful that game is.

On 5/13/2019 at 11:17 AM, dannyswfc9 said:

There was a nasty glitch that stopped u getting a trophy. I started the game again to speed through it twice but never worked. They eventually patched it which was nice. Which never happened to mad maxs terrible scrap gitch

Ac origins was a pain to get all locations epecially trying to find them all in that awfull yellow background but it was a brilliant game so ill let them off

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on the forum here that they patched the mad max scrap glitch

Never mind. I found the forum posts and I misremembered. Some people still have the scavenging glitch. It seems they only fixed the races.

Edited by clickclick-uhoh

Mafia III. It's not a hard plat, but you have to play the game to near the end and not mess up "saving" area leaders.

Meant I had to play the game 2.5 times and although it's not particular long, it's very repetitive. Stopped gaming for about two weeks after.

• Like 3

I did read all posts to see if anyone would mention, but surprisingly no one did.

Shadow of the Colossus. Seriously, that game is one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I ever had since PS2, but it's the most infuriating game if you're gonna try to get the Platinum trophy.

For fuck sake, I can play Gran Turismo 5, Midnight Club LA, or even Super Meat Boy (I play it on PC) which many people say it's really hard. But you know what those games have in common that SotC doesn't have? Those games are well coded at some degree, specially Super Meat Boy. Yes, they are hard, but it just depends on your skill.

Shadow of the Colossus on the other hand is based a lot of times on LUCK due to poor camera controls, autistic AI, unpredictable character controls, the game does whatever it can to just piss you off every single time you go for those Time Attacks!

I'm not the kind of player that screams at the TV when facing hard challenges while playing videogames, but this game made me lose my shit in a very short amount of time LIKE NO OTHER!

It's the most frustrating gaming experience I've ever had IF you're going to play for trophies. Otherwise it's a great game for sure.

• Like 4

Closest was Killzone 2. I spent six weeks on glitchy ass servers boosting for Valor Grand Cross. Only about 1/3 of the games would actually save your points and it was a crapshoot as to whether you'd actually be in the top 1% for that week.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

For me it's Dead or Alive 5. I'm only one trophy away from the platinum, but beating survival mode on all difficulties is just insane. Doesn't help that the AI reads your inputs on higher difficulties and counters almost all of your attacks with long combos. I tried it a couple of times and came to the conclusion that it just isn't worth it.

Edited by Sillshez15
  • Like 1