What Platinum trophy broke you and why ?

ajkungfu

But just to name a few games that went close to break me, I would list

Vanquish Challenge 6: probably the first very hard plat I've attempted in my career, I've tried that b*tch for a week every evening, then put the game down for months out of frustration, until I found inspiration again.

DMC4: Bloody palace with Trish, failing around floor 80 or so a couple times almost made me break the disc.

White Knight Chronicles II: I did both plats solo without knowing if I would even had a chance beforehand, everything went smooth until Vellgander, some boss fights done solo heve been a nightmare, especially Luthia and then Madoras, probably the hardest task I've ever done in any JRPG.

• Like 2

Usually DLC trophies go extra crazy with their requirements but the one game that was my breaking point is doing Street fighter IV trials, I did all the other hard trophies and on my way to learning the combos and I got really frustrated when a game asked me to do a really hard combo then cancel it and press a kick, why would I want to cancel a combo for a kick, it drove me nuts.

I later learned that it takes hundreds of hours to master those combo trials especially if Street fighter IV is your first Street fighter game.

I still love to play Street fighter but I gave up on getting the platinum for those games a long long time ago.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, DARKHEARTRETURNS said:

Nothing has broken me yet but omg getting those bloody crowns for monster hunter iceborne is driving me mad, 450 hours in. hope i dont lose my sanity

That's the reason i don't even started Iceborne yet...these crowns are a huge pain in the @ss...

About, the platinum that broke me...Street Fighter V i think...i love the game but i can't even reach the silver rank ? that's pretty sad, i know.

Special mention to the new dlc of Conan Exiles, damn that game is utter trash, i don't really want to play it again... like...never. Even in afterlife or when i get reincarnate! Worst game on my profile, period.

Edited by ShinigamiSensei-
  • Like 2

This game didn't break me but rather just severely burnt me out, and that was Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.

After spending hundreds of hours in Black Ops 3 and finally getting the illusive 100%,  my boosting group was ready to move on to BO4. But after buying BO4, I very quickly realized how big of a mistake that was just after 100%ing BO3.

I just can't bring myself to do those trophies atm. Ths easter egg glitched on me 3 times for IX alone, yet that was the only one we finished. I just dread the idea of having to do those goddamn other easter eggs, and I haven't even touched Blackout yet. I suck at MP so idk what to do about that either. 

I just can't lol. I don't know if/when I'll muster the strength to go for those trophies ever again.

Other than that, the infamous "The Hunt is my mistress" DLC trophy from Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor has definitely tested my patience. I don't know what it is, but I can't do it. I have tried for well over 10 hours at this point and the one time I finished it, I got a bronze instead of the required gold. It's the only trophy I'm missing too for the 100%.

I just gave up and moved onto Shadow of war for the time being, but I hate that game too because of its god awful grind for act IV.

7 hours ago, ShinigamiSensei- said:

About, the platinum that broke me...Street Fighter V i think...i love the game but i can't even reach the silver rank 1f616.png that's pretty sad, i know.

I have this game on PS Plus but don't got it added to my backlog, because I don't think I'll ever be able to reach the Golden League. Might just play this for fun and leave it at an "A" rank, then move on.

• Like 1

Quest of Dungeons

was such a long and incredibly boring grind for the last couple of trophies. 

Took me forever to eventually get it cause I couldn't spend more than 30 mins at a time on it in the end. 

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Fuck battle mode... Seriously. 

The stars missions weren't even that bad... Just tedious. 

But the battle mode got to me a bit. 

And I essentially had to do it twice once I found out I could actually do it on my alt account before starting this account. 

On 14/09/2021 at 10:46 AM, ArmoredSnowman said:

Guess you didn't do the glitch then? That made the blue room a total joke. 

Nope, I had no idea there was even a glitch for it, I played both original and remaster of the game, in any case I won't have to worry about it anymore unless they released another Remaster on the PS5.

On 05/04/2019 at 9:34 AM, YesImAPwnda said:

Injustice 2 Level Grind.
I finished every other Trophy, but the Level Up Grind to get Level 20 on every Champion is a bit to long.

Not sure if this helps with your Injustice 2 grind or not, but you can get the AI to do the fights for you, just select any tower from brother eye and set the AI to fight for you, then all you have to do is press continue after each fight and select a new tower each time you finish the prevous. Thats all I did with mine, also did it for the 200 towers trophy in MK 11. I just set it going on a second screen whilst I watched netflix or played a game on PS3.

As for The plat that broke me, ive had a couple of moments. Agents of Mayhem made me want to cry when it came to collecting all of the shards, even after the update to make the scanner better.
Lego Worlds billion stud grind was another one that was painful, but my Ex came up with a genious solution and spend countless hours helping me farm them.

Other times I can recall that were more to do with difficulty then grind, Assassins Creed Brotherhood (PS4). Whilst not a very difficult game, with everything I was dealing with IRL at the time I was trying for the plat some of the 100% synch requirements were brutal. Its one of the first plats that come to mind when asked about proudest plats purely because of the personal struggles I had to overcome to acheive it. The other one is the most recent case of being broken, Uncharted 1 (PS4). I was just getting back into trophy hunting after a 2 year hiatus, so confidence was low, but I was riding high after a good January, and a decent start to Feb. Whizzed through all the misc and collectables, just had the time trials and the crushing playthrough. I did the game on medium with the intentions of using the slow mo cheat to help me out with Crushing, but I found out cheats were disabled. Id made it to chapter 3 previously on crushing and got stuck so went back to do the medium playthrough to unlock slow-mo, in the proccess I managed to overwrite my Crushing save, so not only did I not have the cheats I was relying on, but I also had the pain of going through the first few chapters all over again. I actually went on a mini strike for 4 days before I persuaded myself to come back and have another try at it, eventually prevailing :D

• Like 1

I’m a little embarrassed by mine but ??‍♂️ It was Batman Arkham Asylum for PS3. I beat the game on hard (which was a miserable experience, some of the maddest I’ve been at a game) and then went to do the combat challenges and I just couldn’t do it. I hated trying to perfect a combat system I didn’t like. I was miserable and finally said fuck it. After that I’ve been much less concerned about getting the platinum for every game I play. I still trophy hunt and will go for plats but not like I used to. 

1 hour ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Even if you did you'd never admit it.

I don't think any of your games on your profile are "hard", so to speak. When you try pounding your head on say Impossible Boy in Super Meat Boy, you will know what it means to get close to the "breaking point".

Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter :platinum:

Obtain all the Trophies

Superhot VR. As its a VR game its entirely your fault if you make a mistake with maybe some blame can be the PSVR remote tracking but still. Its entirely up to you to move correctly and complete the several hard challenges like no guns, headshots only, etc. I almost broke my PSVR over this game ?

Edited by GamerCrazy2
Added image and description of plat

The Red Dead Redemption II platinum experience was plain awful. I ended up getting it eventually, but it truly broke me. I tried playing other games after, but I had to take a 5 month break where I seriously questioned myself quitting trophy hunting. It totally drained all my enjoyment from games. Thankfully I came back with a different mindset on playing games and getting trophies.

I love the game, I have even replayed the story mode a few weeks ago after not touching it for over 2 years. Still a 10/10 game for me, but trophy-wise it's a terrible time waster.

The online was boring and empty, so getting to level 50 was the worst online grind I have done (and I did GTA IV, V, RDR, Max Payne, so I'm no stranger to Rockstar online grinds). Getting all the collectables. Completing the damn challenges. Skinning and studying all the animals, ridiculous waste of time. And I don't even want to remember gold medals... you'd be like 15 minutes into a mission, just to screw up a little thing only to have to do everything all over again. I believe they've fixed the mission replay system now, but your character progression and weapons would reset back then.

• Like 2

No game has truly 'broken' me yet but there have been a few that came close.

The latest example was Assassins Creed Unity. I have a pretty high tolerance for grinding and there are definitely some grinds mentioned here that are far worse but somehow this one just made me feel empty and hollow and I wasn't enjoying gaming as a whole anymore. I had the same experience when going for the Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth platinum. It starts feeling like a chore and you're just going through the motions. Not very relaxing after a hard day of work and there comes a moment when it start taking more energy than it gives. With both games I stopped playing them for about a month and then came back to them when I felt recharged. In my experience it's best to play an easy came in between these massive grinds to keep from being burned-out.

Honorably mention goes to Guitar Hero Live as others have mentioned because of the server shutdown. The only game I truly haven't been able to complete because of (a lack of) skill is WipeOut HD but I haven't competely given up on it yet.

There are many trophies I didn’t get, but the one that definitely broke me is Gold Standard, from Gran Turismo 5. For those who don’t know, it demands to attain a gold cup on every race.

For a while I really thought I would get it (and plat the game in the same move; I even bored myself with grinding B-Spec in this regard) but I’ll forever remain three races from the target. Yes, those - the infamous Vettel Challenge.

I play with a pad and managing to reach the finish line without a mistake is already tough, but even when I did manage to complete what I felt were really, really good laps, I was still many seconds away from the gold target.

So I eventually had to choose between this trophy and my sanity (and a couple of pads as well). Congrats Gold Standard, you did break me…

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 1