Crashing in Mad Moxxi's Underdome.

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

They don't mind mods in the PC versions of the Borderlands games but modding the console releases, violates Sony's and Microsoft's T&Cs and can get you perma-banned from PSN if someone reports you to them.

Ah well the more you know I guess. I havnt looked at BL games for years outside of BL1 remaster, but if someone dropped you a modded gun it will port your character across to the ps4 version. My assumption is if you didn't mod it yourself then you get a pass?

Edited by Ac3dUd3-

17 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Ah well the more you know I guess. I havnt looked at BL games for years outside of BL1 remaster, but if someone dropped you a modded gun it will port your character across to the ps4 version. My assumption is if you didn't mod it yourself then you get a pass?

Sony might be a little more lenient if you didn't mod the item yourself but in their eyes, a hack is a hack so are still liable for a ban if caught.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I think I may have found a solution to avoid game crashes.

I don't know if you remember this bug concerning the 15 kills with Mordecai's special skill years ago (which is still bugged in this version) : you needed to put the game in english in order to unlock it. Any other langages prevented it from unlocking.

When I was trying to play in french, game was constently crashing. As soon as I switched the game to English, everything worked perfectly without crash.

I hope this little tip will help many of you.

Cheers.

My co-op partner and I just got the biggest screw job I’ve had in a game in a long time. We were in Round 20 Stage 1 of the Hell-Burbia large tournament and an enemy spawned outside the map that we couldn’t kill. The enemy marker disappeared off the radar, and the game wouldn’t move on to the next wave. It was also a vampire wave, so we both ran out of health and got sent back to the beginning. Two hours down the drain. 

• Like 2

Just spent about 3 hours and game crashed at round 19 wave 3. Such a waste of time. Doesn't help the rounds are slow and some of the maps are stupidly big, most of my time was spent running around looking for just 1 or 2 enemies. Don't want to use modded weapons really, but there's no true way to speed these trophies up 

• Like 1

This is kinda hilarious and really weird. After experiencing the crashing I contacted support (the people who are supposed to know how to help) after several emails providing info on this issue I finally got this answer

Thanks to the work of diligent vault hunters like you, we'll be able to bring this to the attention of the developers to look into for you, and the whole playerbase. We appreciate you.

Unfortunately, we do not have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and so we don't have a timeline for a fix to be implemented once it's attended to. That said, please follow us on Twitter (@2K,@2KSupport, and @Borderlands, as this is where new info, as well as upcoming updated and fixes, will be announced.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Thanks,

Zack H.
2K Support

So support has no idea what's going on or it seems much about anything.....  Is this normal?

• Like 2

I would love to get a modded shield for this DLC. And if i remember there is a trophy on the claptrap DLC that takes a lot of grinding as well. which communities allow or help trade with modding? i intend to skip this dlc for last.

8 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

So support has no idea what's going on or it seems much about anything.....  Is this normal?

Yes. Game is still new(ish). I'm sure they don't have enough info as to why it's happening. As a new player to the series, I already know Moxxi's DLC is somewhat hated. So I doubt returning players are jumping into that DLC and seeing this crash. For example my buddy grabbed the physical copy, beat the main game and sold it already last week. I hope they look into it. I'd like to 100% someday soon without cheesing it.

I was able to unlock the trophies with no issues, besides the overwhelming boredom that comes included.  I'll try to detail as much about my situation to maybe give others some sliver of hope that it's possible?  I don't want anyone to try because I had success, and just end up disappointed because you weren't as successful; I'm more or less posting for anyone who is already going to be trying, that may want to consider a few things before they make their attempts.   I have no idea how relevant any of this is, but here you go anyways...

PS4 Pro firmware 6.51, Boost Mode enabled, HDR enabled, Network enabled & connected to internet.  I do have a 1TB SSD internally in my system, no external drives connected.  I could maybe see the Pro's additional 1GB of RAM potentially compensating for any potential memory leaks that may be causing the crashes, but I'm not even sure the game even has access to that additional memory, or it's just system reserved.  I do not use the PS4's rest mode or suspend features.  With each of the larger challenges, I was starting from a powered down state of my PS4.  I imagine this would help with any memory leak issues as well, if that's contributing to any of the crashes people are experiencing.  I also don't run anything else in the background (ie. spotify, media player, or other apps).

Disc version of the game, updated to 1.03 (latest patch at the time of this posting).  Playing splitscreen in 'offline' mode within the game lobby options.  Controller 1 was my NA account, Controller 2 was my EU account, both registered & signed in.  Started game with EU account, NA account joined from the lobby screen (where you select your character/playthrough).  EU account was a level 11 solider, had completed the small tournament quest, yet didn't turn it in.  NA account was level 62 siren, playthrough 1 loaded, and had completed and turned in the small tournament quest.  Both characters were brand new characters, not imported from previous versions of the game, no hacked items used.  The tournaments took about 2h15m each to complete.  Thank god for Twitch and podcasts for entertainment on a second screen.

The trophies pop after the round 20, wave 5 summary chart, when the 'certificate of badassery' is on the screen (at which point I think it also saves your progress).  I waited for the trophies to pop before hitting x, at which point the certificate closes and you automatically fast travel back to the Underdome lobby.  After each successful tournament, I quit to menu, quit the game, backed up my save, powered down my system, and took a break.  

Sorry for the wall of text, but best of luck to those on the hunt!

Edited by Shuklar
Clarifying + adding details.
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Shuklar said:

I was able to unlock the trophies with no issues, besides the overwhelming boredom that comes included.  I'll try to detail as much about my situation to maybe give others some sliver of hope that it's possible?  I don't want anyone to try because I had success, and just end up disappointed because you weren't as successful; I'm more or less posting for anyone who is already going to be trying, that may want to consider a few things before they make their attempts.   I have no idea how relevant any of this is, but here you go anyways...

PS4 Pro firmware 6.51, Boost Mode enabled, HDR enabled, Network enabled & connected to internet.  I do have a 1TB SSD internally in my system, no external drives connected.  I could maybe see the Pro's additional 1GB of RAM potentially compensating for any potential memory leaks that may be causing the crashes, but I'm not even sure the game even has access to that additional memory, or it's just system reserved.  I do not use the PS4's rest mode or suspend features.  With each of the larger challenges, I was starting from a powered down state of my PS4.  I imagine this would help with any memory leak issues as well, if that's contributing to any of the crashes people are experiencing.  I also don't run anything else in the background (ie. spotify, media player, or other apps).

Disc version of the game, updated to 1.03 (latest patch at the time of this posting).  Playing splitscreen in 'offline' mode within the game lobby options.  Controller 1 was my NA account, Controller 2 was my EU account, both registered & signed in.  Started game with EU account, NA account joined from the lobby screen (where you select your character/playthrough).  EU account was a level 11 solider, had completed the small tournament quest, yet didn't turn it in.  NA account was level 62 siren, playthrough 1 loaded, and had completed and turned in the small tournament quest.  Both characters were brand new characters, not imported from previous versions of the game, no hacked items used.  The tournaments took about 2h15m each to complete.  Thank god for Twitch and podcasts for entertainment on a second screen.

The trophies pop after the round 20, wave 5 summary chart, when the 'certificate of badassery' is on the screen (at which point I think it also saves your progress).  I waited for the trophies to pop before hitting x, at which point the certificate closes and you automatically fast travel back to the Underdome lobby.  After each successful tournament, I quit to menu, quit the game, backed up my save, powered down my system, and took a break.  

Sorry for the wall of text, but best of luck to those on the hunt!

What was your system language set to? I ask, because someone posted that setting your language to English might help ?.

18 hours ago, NCSFan001 said:

Question, if you transfer a character from ps3 that has finished the Mad Moxxi DLC will it autopop the trophies? Assuming no but just want to know

The Underdome trophies don't auto-pop, thus you have to redo all of them from scratch with a character who hasn't done any of the arenas yet.

I think I have found the reason why the game keeps crashing on the 20 round Arenas. I have had several crashes until now and tried everything to understand what might have caused these crashes. I played solo, coop and split screen and in all cases the game crashed between round 17 and 20. The duration of the sessions did not impact the crash as I had one run which took me 7 hours (with breaks) and it did not crash on me. 

The issue most probably comes from the body parts scattered around the arena. The higher the round the more enemies you already have killed and thus the more body parts there are on the field. The game simply cannot process this good enough and therefore it crashes at higher rounds. Our workaround was that we used the Volcano Sniper rifle (there might be other weapons with the same results) because that weapons has a high chance to burn the enemies completely down which results is much less body parts on the field. If you for instance use an explosive weapon the result will be the opposite and the game has a higher chance to crash. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JaapertNL said:

I think I have found the reason why the game keeps crashing on the 20 round Arenas. I have had several crashes until now and tried everything to understand what might have caused these crashes. I played solo, coop and split screen and in all cases the game crashed between round 17 and 20. The duration of the sessions did not impact the crash as I had one run which took me 7 hours (with breaks) and it did not crash on me. 

The issue most probably comes from the body parts scattered around the arena. The higher the round the more enemies you already have killed and thus the more body parts there are on the field. The game simply cannot process this good enough and therefore it crashes at higher rounds. Our workaround was that we used the Volcano Sniper rifle (there might be other weapons with the same results) because that weapons has a high chance to burn the enemies completely down which results is much less body parts on the field. If you for instance use an explosive weapon the result will be the opposite and the game has a higher chance to crash. 

I'm willing to bet that's atleast part of the issue but I used Lilith with her fire aura and burnt atleast 60% and the game itself removed some and it still crashed hard for me but I'm willing to invest in a good fire weapon do u suppose a shotgun fire weapon would work? I'm partial to those but totally willing to try a different gun.

3 hours ago, JaapertNL said:

I think it's related to the body parts as well. I wrote that to the gearbox support team as well in my bug report I made to them. The game doesn't crash in the 5 round small arena. As it doesn't go on long enough to produce enough body parts. But the longer the rounds went on in the large area and the body parts started to pile up and the game starts to feel laggy. The reason I think it could be this also is Destiny 2 was having a similar problem too being cause by left over practical effects causing guitar errors and they determined it was left over effects causing it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'm willing to bet that's atleast part of the issue but I used Lilith with her fire aura and burnt atleast 60% and the game itself removed some and it still crashed hard for me but I'm willing to invest in a good fire weapon do u suppose a shotgun fire weapon would work? I'm partial to those but totally willing to try a different gun.

Yes, it is still tricky as there is always a chance that there are still too many body parts on the field. I guess it is partly having luck and partly trying to get at least body parts. I played in coop and my coop partner used a lot of his ability (the bird) which also gets rid of a lot of bodies. Additionally we picked as much up from the floor as possible to reduce the amount of trash on the ground. The last waves we actually did not even run anymore as we were afraid that the game could not handle all the movement. 

In the end I think it is a combination of several factors but I can only share how we were able to finish the 20 rounds. I think for now it is the best guess and I do not think Gearbox is going to fix this as this game is nothing more than a quick cash cow for them. 

On 5/1/2019 at 1:58 PM, JaapertNL said:

Yes, it is still tricky as there is always a chance that there are still too many body parts on the field. I guess it is partly having luck and partly trying to get at least body parts. I played in coop and my coop partner used a lot of his ability (the bird) which also gets rid of a lot of bodies. Additionally we picked as much up from the floor as possible to reduce the amount of trash on the ground. The last waves we actually did not even run anymore as we were afraid that the game could not handle all the movement. 

In the end I think it is a combination of several factors but I can only share how we were able to finish the 20 rounds. I think for now it is the best guess and I do not think Gearbox is going to fix this as this game is nothing more than a quick cash cow for them. 

Well after several tries and just as many crashes I tried your suggestion about using fire weapons still ended up with alot of bits on the floor but I burnt a vast majority and corroded afew aswell and it worked great so I think it at least helped the situation by eleminating floor debris

5 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Well after several tries and just as many crashes I tried your suggestion about using fire weapons still ended up with alot of bits on the floor but I burnt a vast majority and corroded afew aswell and it worked great so I think it at least helped the situation by eleminating floor debris

Good that it worked for you. I did one yesterday and finished it as well. My last arena will be tonight. I have to say that I am still a bit nervous from wave 18 onward there is always a change of the game crashing. As you point out, even by using fire weapons there are still bits and pieces scattered around. 

This just happened to me last night in my first large arena. Killed the boss in round 18 and then disconnected in the intermission. If that wasn't bad enough, the crash corrupted my save data and I lost my character with all story progression. I am so infuriated right now. So much time lost to level up another one. I am seriously contemplating if I should cancel my preorder for Borderlands 3 over this. 

• Like 2