Crashing in Mad Moxxi's Underdome.

• 5 months later...

So I managed to do this some time ago and now I'm doing it on PS3 which I was told in this topic that it wont crash, but playing this again brought those rage memories about the PS4 version when I lost like 10 hours of my time for absolutely nothing since it was crashing and I was just wondering out of curiosity... does it still crash on PS4? They still didn't take care of the issue? Also curious because my friend is missing only those trophies...

Edited by acidp4rn

5 minutes ago, acidp4rn said:

So I managed to do this some time ago and now I'm doing it on PS3 which I was told in this topic that it wont crash, but playing this again brought those rage memories about the PS4 version when I lost like 10 hours of my time for absolutely nothing since it was crashing and I was just wondering out of curiosity... does it still crash on PS4? They still didn't take care of the issue? Also curious because my friend is missing only those trophies...

The crashing problem was never fixed thus you have to use the precautions listed in this thread, to reduce the chances of a crash. The stability problems are a PS4 exclusive that don't happen on any other system but seem to disappear when this game is played on a PS5 in Backwards Compatibility mode.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

The crashing problem was never fixed thus you have to use the precautions listed in this thread, to reduce the chances of a crash. The stability problems are a PS4 exclusive that don't happen on any other system but seem to disappear when this game is played on a PS5 in Backwards Compatibility mode.

Thanks for the input. What baffles me is that they dropped the remaster and just bailed. It's been what, like soon to be 2 years since release? Also I'm in the middle of doing that on PS3 and I'm on round 11 and it's definitely the body parts/bodies that crashes the PS4 version since they don't disappear there and I noticed bodies on PS3 are slowly disappearing. If I would be playing on PS4 right now the whole arena would be covered in body parts... This is just insane that they won't do anything about it. And about PS5, do those body parts disappear or the console is just handling it better? The latter I'm assuming.

Edited by acidp4rn

23 minutes ago, acidp4rn said:

Thanks for the input. What baffles me is that they dropped the remaster and just bailed. It's been what, like soon to be 2 years since release? Also I'm in the middle of doing that on PS3 and I'm on round 11 and it's definitely the body parts/bodies that crashes the PS4 version since they don't disappear there and I noticed bodies on PS3 are slowly disappearing. If I would be playing on PS4 right now the whole arena would be covered in body parts... This is just insane that they won't do anything about it. And about PS5, do those body parts disappear or the console is just handling it better? The latter I'm assuming.

The PS5 is just better at handling the memory requirements, since the porting company coded the PS4 version of this DLC to use far too much and couldn't be bothered to fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Having gotten so fed up with the crashes on the PS4 I put this game down a long while ago. 

This weekend I was extremely mega lucky to have finally bagged a PS5 and so I thought I would test it on the new machine

Doing split screen with my low level alt account I played through the Hell Burbia mission and it worked fine even though the floor was absolutely littered with bandit body parts. So as previously mentioned the new machine must just handle the code better. 

Update: Just finished the Angelic Ruins and no crashes at all even with using none corrosive weapons

Puzzled as to why I had to do all three arenas on a character that had already done them on the ps3 but thats Moxxi finished again for me.

Edited by Evertonian
  • Like 2

I was able to complete all three maps on PS4 with only one crash, because I used the portal on round 19 of 20. It was a hard pill to swallow but I re-did the damn thing.

I strongly suggest exiting and allowing the game to save for you once you’ve completed 20 rounds. Then get back into the game and start the next 20 rounds. At least then you won’t lose all your previous work too.

Edited by Emi
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 3:24 AM, Evertonian said:

Having gotten so fed up with the crashes on the PS4 I put this game down a long while ago. 

This weekend I was extremely mega lucky to have finally bagged a PS5 and so I thought I would test it on the new machine

Doing split screen with my low level alt account I played through the Hell Burbia mission and it worked fine even though the floor was absolutely littered with bandit body parts. So as previously mentioned the new machine must just handle the code better. 

Update: Just finished the Angelic Ruins and no crashes at all even with using none corrosive weapons

Puzzled as to why I had to do all three arenas on a character that had already done them on the ps3 but thats Moxxi finished again for me.

Thank you for this, I'm currently playing the game on PS4 and had read all of these crash issues so was worried about it. I have a PS5 so I should have already transfered this to PS5, now I definitely need to!

• 3 weeks later...

A heads up crashing can still occur when playing on PlayStation 5.

I was doing the large challenge for Hell-Burbia on PS5 yesterday and ran into no problems but tried to do, The Angelic Ruins earlier today. I got to about round 17 and it crashed and sent me to the error screen. 2 hours 45 minutes just wasted 

Edited by SirHandy
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Ugh 3hrs wasted this time.

Playing on PS5, larger challenge - The Angelic Ruins. Using split screen method, 3x corrosive revolver and x4 corrosive RPG. Got to round 20 wave 4 (The Badass Wave) which is actually the furthest I’ve ever gotten. 

I’m starting to think that even though I’m using corrosive weapons and got really close, to that boss wave and completing it. I think it’s time based my crashes, it’s crashed two/three times when I’ve hit the 2 hour 45 minute mark (using explosive weapons) and this being the first time using corrosive, I got further but it then crashed at the 3hrs mark. I think I just need to go that little bit quicker and I might get it done, I’ll have to try again but I’m in no rush as it’s so… frustrating to get so close multiple times only for it to crash

Edited by SirHandy

On 8/15/2021 at 1:34 PM, SirHandy said:

Ugh 3hrs wasted this time.

Playing on PS5, larger challenge - The Angelic Ruins. Using split screen method, 3x corrosive revolver and x4 corrosive RPG. Got to round 20 wave 4 (The Badass Wave) which is actually the furthest I’ve ever gotten. 

I’m starting to think that even though I’m using corrosive weapons and got really close, to that boss wave and completing it. I think it’s time based my crashes, it’s crashed two/three times when I’ve hit the 2 hour 45 minute mark (using explosive weapons) and this being the first time using corrosive, I got further but it then crashed at the 3hrs mark. I think I just need to go that little bit quicker and I might get it done, I’ll have to try again but I’m in no rush as it’s so… frustrating to get so close multiple times only for it to crash ??

Well I’ve finally done it! That’s only because I used modded weapons and a modded shield and then with those, taking advantage of and using the round skip glitch 

Edited by SirHandy

• 1 year later...

HF!
(pardon for being Necromancer)

I finally got it while playing on PS4!

I got BSOD 3 times:
-playing alone with level 56 gunserker - BSOD in round 17 Angelics Relics,

-playing while me being a host online with friend (me gunserker 63, he was siren lvl 13) - BSOD when round 19 started on Angelics Relics,

-playing while me being a host online with 2 friends (me 63, they sirens 13, 69) - BSOD when round 13 started on Angelics Relics,

Friend being a host lvl 13 siren (me gunserker 63 + another guy siren 69) - ANGELICS RELICS DONE!
-TROPHIES! -

Who knows? Maybe it is a HOST's issue? Or due to the level? Keep it as low as possible?

Also, we managed to skip few rounds by killing the boss ASAP (glitch mentioned in another topic).

We even had this crazy theory that the game always crashes around 9 p.m. :D.

FINALLY! 

DONE!

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2