Why is the platinum so rare?

Hey guys, so recently I completed Trine Enchanted Edition with a friend, we plan doing all 3 but I'm wondering why this platinum is so rare in comparison to the other 2 games, I expected all the Trines to have the same level of difficulty so can someone explain why this game has less platinum earners?

Edited by Blaidd-Cysgodol

Just now, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

Do you remember how many levels there are?

No, I never played this game, I tried it but didn’t like it. But I think it was around 20 or something.

59 minutes ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

So people give up more because they can't be bothered is what you're saying?

The only difficult trophy is completing all 20 levels on hard using hardcore but if you have a buddy it will be a lot easier,

it was also on Plus a couple of months ago so that will probably make it rarer.

Edited by Tarsier182

It has 20 levels as @BB-BakkerJ said :)

Doing all levels on Hard + Hardcore for :gold: Walk in the Park is the difficult thing.

The levels are long and in some of them are boss enemies at the end but in some cases you can go back to a higher standpoint and shoot the boss to death...

Sometimes i used two controllers to use the shield for protection and the thief for attack. Be careful to be not surrounded by enemies...

The first game is really easier but both are great :)  unlike the 3rd game though :D ... despite that i have high hopes for the 4th coming soon :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

It has 20 levels as @BB-BakkerJ said :)

Doing all levels on Hard + Hardcore for :gold: Walk in the Park is the difficult thing.

The levels are long and in some of them are boss enemies at the end but in some cases you can go back to a higher standpoint and shoot the boss to death...

Sometimes i used two controllers to use the shield for protection and the thief for attack. Be careful to be not surrounded by enemies...

The first game is really easier but both are great :)  unlike the 3rd game though :D ... despite that i have high hopes for the 4th coming soon :D

1 hour ago, Tarsier182 said:

The only difficult trophy is completing all 20 levels on hard using hardcore but if you have a buddy it will be a lot easier,

Yeah, I'll be doing them all with a friend, I remember on one of the levels there was a boss that charges you as soon as you drop down, I could have shot it to death but my friend pushed him off the edge with wizard created objects... he wasn't even appearing on screen but he died haha

A friend of mine completed Trine 2 with a co-op partner on hard and did not get the trophy for beating it on hard, so that's a thing too. Don't know if there's been a patch since he played, but he is not keen on playing the entire game again on the hardest difficulty in hopes that it'll unlock.

Just now, x1001x_Puppys said:

A friend of mine completed Trine 2 with a co-op partner on hard and did not get the trophy for beating it on hard, so that's a thing too. Don't know if there's been a patch since he played, but he is not keen on playing the entire game again on the hardest difficulty in hopes that it'll unlock.

Well, when I did Trine, some levels worked and some didn't, we just replayed the ones that didn't unlock for me. We will just go through all the levels again if we need to. 

I enjoyed Trine: Enchanted Edition much more, because it was more action based. In Trine 2, there's lot and lot of puzzles and I find it very boring. Maybe there's a lot of people like me which enjoy Trine 1 and not Trine 2? That'd explain low average completion percentage (10-12%), much lower than Trine: EE (36%). One hard trophy doesn't mean average completion percentage will be low.

It’s the longest and has the most puzzles and collectibles in the series. 

PlayStation Plus will always decrease the trophy percentages. 

Sounds like Trine 2 is more of an endurance test than it is about skill or luck. 

There are video guides on YouTube for help on some of the trophies. Getting the collectibles is probably going to be pretty annoying. 

Definitely looking forward to it.

50 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

I enjoyed Trine: Enchanted Edition much more, because it was more action based. In Trine 2, there's lot and lot of puzzles and I find it very boring. Maybe there's a lot of people like me which enjoy Trine 1 and not Trine 2? That'd explain low average completion percentage (10-12%), much lower than Trine: EE (36%). One hard trophy doesn't mean average completion percentage will be low.

I mean, I've yet to even finish Trine 2 ever... and I've finished Trine on PS3, Steam and PS4 (still need to get that PS4 plat though). The puzzles were the main reason for me not getting as into 2. Only reason I got the plat for Trine 2 on PS3 is that it was basically free and didn't require finishing it.

Some day... probably. Maybe.

12 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I have to disagree as i finished 2064 Read Only Memories recently and its :platinum: was below 5% when it came to Ps+, it's now over 6% and no UR anymore... i think the average completion was 12% and now it's 15% but i didn't have an eye on that... so let's say Ps+ often decrease the average completion but not always :)

21 hours ago, Spaz said:

It’s the longest and has the most puzzles and collectibles in the series. 

Sounds like Trine 2 is more of an endurance test than it is about skill or luck. 

There are video guides on YouTube for help on some of the trophies. Getting the collectibles is probably going to be pretty annoying. 

Definitely looking forward to it.

Lets be honest, for trophy hunters a lot of games are an endurance test ?

8 hours ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

Lets be honest, for trophy hunters a lot of games are an endurance test 1f605.png

No. You can’t say that for everything. 

For a lot of ultra rare platinums, they are an endurance test. Not necessarily skill based or overly difficult, but more about patience.

Most common platinums aren’t an endurance test. Especially if they can be done in less than a hour.

19 hours ago, Spaz said:

No. You can’t say that for everything. 

For a lot of ultra rare platinums, they are an endurance test. Not necessarily skill based or overly difficult, but more about patience.

Most common platinums aren’t an endurance test. Especially if they can be done in less than a hour.

I didn't say everything, I said a lot.

On 4/5/2019 at 7:48 AM, Tarsier182 said:

If by a couple of months ago you mean like 42 months ago because it was a ps+ freebie back in the ps4 launch days lmfao

its a long game with some difficult segments

i did the entire game solo and as fun as it was, it was definately not as easy as some might make it out to be

On 4/5/2019 at 9:19 AM, x1001x_Puppys said:

You cant just play hard mode

you have to play hard mode with hardcore turned on

10 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

If by a couple of months ago you mean like 42 months ago because it was a ps+ freebie back in the ps4 launch days lmfao

its a long game with some difficult segments

i did the entire game solo and as fun as it was, it was definately not as easy as some might make it out to be

You cant just play hard mode

you have to play hard mode with hardcore turned on

Yes, both he and his co-op partner had hardcore on. His co-op partner got the trophy and platinum, he did not.

10 minutes ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

Yes, both he and his co-op partner had hardcore on. His co-op partner got the trophy and platinum, he did not.

Im guessing his partner was the host?

did he finish every level?

theres an icon that distinguishes which level has been finished on hard with hardcore on

its a little guy whistling with music notes over his head, if not, itll be blacked out

11 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Im guessing his partner was the host?

did he finish every level?

theres an icon that distinguishes which level has been finished on hard with hardcore on

its a little guy whistling with music notes over his head, if not, itll be blacked out

For Trine 1 my friend was the host and about 7 levels we had to redo, this included the first level without any enemies, and the last level with the boss, some levels counted and others didn't, we just re-did the 7 levels while I was the host and it unlocked. I don't know what was required and how some unlocked and some didn't. This could happen with Trine 2