(Nevermind, please close this thread :( )

SuperSmash5U

Don't worry about it. I forgot to mention that the video said that Atlus said they were working on it but that could mean that they are thinking about making remasters so I don't want to get anyone's hopes up and they blame me for false info if they get dashed, but the commentator had high hopes that it'd happen because Persona 5 got record sales.

Need a better news source than a YouTube video before I start jumping for joy.

At the same time, I won't be surprised if they do this. Persona 3 needs a remake though.

Edit: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/04/atlus_will_actively_discuss_bringing_persona_3_and_persona_4_to_ps4_if_theres_an_opportunity

I dunno if "discussing bringing [the remasters] if there's an opportunity" is the same thing as "[the persona's] are getting a remaster."

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 1

Nice clickbait title... I already didn't get my hopes up when I saw this thread because I knew this wasn't announced or mentioned. This is from the interview:

''After the launch of Persona 5, the “Persona” IP can be said to be unprecedentedly hot. Many players hope that the first two games of the modern series, Persona 4 and Persona 3, can be released on current platforms. Does Atlus have any such plan?''

> ''Although we can’t specifically tell you anything at the moment, we have always received a lot of suggestions from the players. We have received and understood the voices of the players, and if there is an opportunity, we will actively discuss it.''

1. Atlus didn't send out a note

2. They are not in the process of remaking Persona 3 or 4 for the PS4, at least not as far as is announced.

3. You should change the title, it's false info.

4. There is a difference between 'remaster' (title) and 'remake) OP.

• Like 3

Still nothing is sure if Atlus think in do something with P3 or P4, but since they did Persona 3 character's 3D models for Persona 3 Dancing, the hope remain high at least to me. In other hand I would like to see again Persona 4 this time on PS4 instead a lot of people that no like a lot the idea.

Okay, now that we've established that the OP lied and made a clickbait title...

I've been wanting Atlus to put P3 & P4 on PS4 via PS2 Classics for quite some time, so of course I'd welcome straight up remasters too. Thing is, P3 is a weird one in that there is no definitive version of the game to port to PS4. P3 FES has the animated cutscenes and 3D environments outside of combat while P3P has direct commands in battle, female route, and quality of life improvements. Which version do you remaster? My favourite version is P3P but it's much more suited to handheld. As other people have mentioned, Atlus essentially remade small parts of P3 in the dancing game, so I think it would be great if they took those assets and built a proper remake, incorporating the best bits of FES and Portable. I highly doubt that would ever happen, though.

P4 Golden would hold up a lot better from a straight up remaster, but honestly, I've played the game to death at this point on Vita. They would have to bring something new to the table like extra content or vastly improved visuals to get me excited for it.

15 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Is Persona 3 like 4 & 5?

Yup!

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2