I bring to you the Best farming method.

11 minutes ago, sunashigure1 said:

Thanks for sharing.

All good, but there's some risk involved. My method is more safe, I believe. You basically fought the samurai at the end. Some people would like to avoid any risk taken. Especially, when you have large amount of XP you can potentially lose.

No problem. :D
No risks at all.
At this point you already powered and the dual swordsmen are pretty easy you just gotta attack him till he deflect you then he will do one of two things,
1- Quick slash with either swords which you can easily deflect it as soon as his deflect happen.
2- Jumping dual slash which gives you enough time to deflect super easy to do and it do alot of posture damage to him.

But I guess everyone has a preferred method safe or otherwise.
I prefer faster than safe but that's just me. Cheers.

Also you can ignore the second dual swordman if you can't deal with him you still get alot of of xp effortlessly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark-Hax- said:

No problem. :D
No risks at all.
At this point you already powered and the dual swordsmen are pretty easy you just gotta attack him till he deflect you then he will do one of two things,
1- Quick slash with either swords which you can easily deflect it as soon as his deflect happen.
2- Jumping dual slash which gives you enough time to deflect super easy to do and it do alot of posture damage to him.

But I guess everyone has a preferred method safe or otherwise.
I prefer faster than safe but that's just me. Cheers.

Sure thing. To each their own.

Regardless, I appreciate your time and work. The more methods we have, the better ^^

Good job. Cheers.

Nice work, thanks! It is definitely riskier than the other method (not that bad though), and I really don't like having to fight the red guy at the end. But all you have to do use the Divine Abduction (the fan) on the second red guy so you can stealth kill him too and that makes the run super smooth. Feels like it's a lot faster than the Outskirts Wall Stairway method, or maybe just less boring.

Edited by Pokedude97
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pokedude97 said:

Nice work, thanks! It is definitely riskier than the other method (not that bad though), and I really don't like having to fight the red guy at the end. But all you have to do use the Divine Abduction (the fan) on the second red guy so you can stealth kill him too and that makes the run super smooth. Feels like it's a lot faster than the Outskirts Wall Stairway method, or maybe just less boring.

The idea never crossed my mind, good thinking.
You just perfected it.

Just to further refine this great run, if the Ogre is alive down below, he will instakill the two red guys, allowing you to jump and run straight out the door, getting the XP automatically. See the video below:

https://youtu.be/Sv0M2J8FscE

You can save another few seconds by jumping across to the bridge, rather than running around the corners through the doors. 

5 hours ago, EruditeStranger1 said:

Is this a decent run without being in NG+ as well? I'm in free roam post-story wondering if I can clean up Height of Technique before NG+ with a reasonable time using this

No run is good in NG. Even in NG+ you'll need several hours (some people spent days). If you are confident in killing bosses, do a speedrun in NG++ to save time.

The grinding is strong for this achievement.

If you leave the chained ogre at the bottom you can start casting the homeward idol almost immediately after landing on the grapple point, the 2 dual swordsman will aggro toward the chained ogre and get one shot by it, dying and granting you the xp moments before the idol sends you back, making this spot hands down the definitive best farming spot in game, especially since you can also gather items using the homeward idol.

I wish i’d saved the Chained Ogre for farming, but I’ve done it all on NG and it’s not THAT bad compared to grinding AC Odyssey where it takes an hour per level in endgame.

I need 10 skill points left for the trophy before I hit NG+ for the platinum, and I’ve been averaging about 15 min per skill point in the final stretch. (I beat the final boss needing 63 more skill points)

Edited by Pokedude97

On 7/4/2019 at 6:34 PM, Pokedude97 said:

I wish i’d saved the Chained Ogre for farming, but I’ve done it all on NG and it’s not THAT bad compared to grinding AC Odyssey where it takes an hour per level in endgame.

I need 10 skill points left for the trophy before I hit NG+ for the platinum, and I’ve been averaging about 15 min per skill point in the final stretch. (I beat the final boss needing 63 more skill points)

You could just hit NG+ and farm there.

I think this has been mentioned already but killing the single purple ninja next to the Castle Antechamber idol is quite good.

There's very little that can go wrong in the way of dying and losing xp and it's also a quick turnaround. 

If something does go wrong and you miss the Deathblow you can hightail it into the next room, jump over the ledge and grapple onto the beam. The Ogre below will kill 2 enemies for you. Then just send yourself back to the last bonfire, sorry, idol.

You can get about 4 runs in a minute (killing the purple ninja) which on NG+ was 8400 xp per minute. If you can do it for an hour without losing your mind that's over 500,000 xp.

It was still too slow for me so I'm speed running my way back there now on NG++.

Will update the xp gain when I get there.

• Like 1

I think this has been mentioned already but killing the single purple ninja next to the Castle Antechamber idol is quite good.

There's very little that can go wrong in the way of dying and losing xp and it's also a quick turnaround. 

If something does go wrong and you miss the Deathblow you can hightail it into the next room, jump over the ledge and grapple onto the beam. The Ogre below will kill 2 enemies for you. Then just send yourself back to the last bonfire, sorry, idol

Edited by reiner-
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 10:50 AM, reiner- said:

This dude doesn't notice anything.. You can break the two walls closest to him and basically lock onto him and sprint from the idol to the wooden beam between the two broken walls, walk from there passing right of the beam and backstab. Then sprint back. 

That way you can get one cycle in about 12-13 seconds, or about 14.5k exp per minute. Need 11 more points! :)

EDIT: It took me about 1 hour to grind out the last 11 skill points I needed. Was expecting this wo be worse!  

Edited by Arcesus7