Atelier Nelke Platinum Tips and things

Thank you!

Do you happen to have info on the following?

1) For the Group Skills: Novice/Expert trophies, what counts as an alchemist skill?

2) Do you have to do something special to get sectors to unlock, or is it simply just filling up squares? I've been stuck with just 4 sectors for over half the game and have filled enough squares in each of those four to unlock all the extra development and they are each considered level 2/"Town".

3) If you fail, what happens? I've been reading conflicting info from other message boards... some say you start over, some say you retain certain progress, some say it's like a NG+...

4) Is there a NG+? If so, does progress toward certain trophies carry though (like dispatch, citizen requests, etc)? Are there any "perks" that you start out with (like carrying over inventory, retaining friendship levels, etc)?

5) For Five Star Architect, does this include Landmarks? Also, do you need to build each color facility for the ones that have multiple color options, or do you just need one of each level? 

Edited by eigen-space

1) Alchemist skills are the ones that use 4 drive and have a special animation. Only support characters have them

2) I know the last one unlocked when I had 2640 squares filled up, but I can't remember what I did to get the others. I had already made all my districts level 3/City by the time I started unlocking most of them

3,4) If you fail, you have to start over from the beginning of the game, but you do get a bonus to how quickly friendship and sales increase. The actual friendship levels reset, though. I'm not sure about trophy progress.

5) Yes it includes landmarks and colour variants

Edit: I just went into NG+ using my post-story save file and it says achievement points are kept, and all my achievements unlocked again upon viewing the menu. That could mean trophy progress carries over, but it's not guaranteed.

However it also told me my item inventory would carry over, but I have nothing besides the stuff you start the game with.

For starting over from post-game I have a 2.00 bonus to friendship and sales. It could be lower if you're carrying over from a game over state. Either way it's probably just faster to do everything in a single playthrough.

Edit 2: Nevermind, item inventory refers to the amount of battle items you've crafted, not storage

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

Definitely failed Task 9, but the second playthrough is going much better.

Just wanted to put this out there:

All trophy progress appears to carry over. I got Mythical Exterminator (Hunt 500 Monsters) after only about 50-60 monster kills in my second playthrough, Alchemic Bonds (30 co-op synthesis) after doing maybe 5 repeat research synthesis... and a couple others.

• Like 1

@Shadiochao... one more question...

I can't seem to figure out the triggers for On A Roll/ Smooth Sailing/ Making Bank. The first in that progression popped at some point but I can't recall what I did. The next one indicates "Earn over 20,000 Cole in 10 turns"; assuming that this means the "Earnings" amount (Income minus Expenses), it should have popped by now (8 of the last 10 turns my Operations Report shows have been at least that much). The only thing I can think is that I haven't made that much on 10 back-to-back turns... but the description doesn't indicate that they have to be back-to-back...

Am I missing something?

Just now, eigen-space said:

@Shadiochao... one more question...

I can't seem to figure out the triggers for On A Roll/ Smooth Sailing/ Making Bank. The first in that progression popped at some point but I can't recall what I did. The next one indicates "Earn over 20,000 Cole in 10 turns"; assuming that this means the "Earnings" amount (Income minus Expenses), it should have popped by now (8 of the last 10 turns my Operations Report shows have been at least that much). The only thing I can think is that I haven't made that much on 10 back-to-back turns... but the description doesn't indicate that they have to be back-to-back...

Am I missing something?

It's back-to-back

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2019 at 2:09 PM, sealightbreeze said:

I’m stuck on task 4. Can someone please help me? 

I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but to build large facilities you need to progress through the "Town Building" research tree in order to unlock the recipes for materials for buildings with "Large" in their names. That's where I got my first game over; I completely neglected research. 

• 2 years later...

I want to add a few things while they're still fresh in my head.

Helper/Side character unlocks do not seem completely random. I would save scum to unlock a character after every turn (usually they pop up after a couple reloads) but after a while, they wouldn't pop up at all and I was still missing some. (Wilbell, Ceci, Nikki, Gio, Odelia) However, after some random heart events mentioned them, they started popping up. Thought that would be good to know for some people. Not sure if it is just coincidence or what, but while I was playing the game I thought it was odd that sometimes characters popped and sometimes they didn't.

If you have the Season Pass/DLC, note that only the base buildings only count towards the build everything trophies. So make sure to prioritize building the first three colors of every building (Including Large, Deluxe) before starting to build the others.

It seems the all friendship trophy DOES count DLC characters, so you don't have to max all the base game characters if you have the DLC ones. Basically that last trophy is max 108 characters' friendship rather than max all.

I can also confirm that as long as 1 character is synthesizing ANYTHING, it will count as one per turn. So that means you can only have a max of 21 synthesis every turn. So so assuming you have every character synthesizing once you get them, you should get the 3000 synthesis trophy in the turn 150s range.

Hope this helps other people out!

Edited by Rarutos

• 7 months later...