Latest DLC addition to a released game so far?

With the release of the remastered PS4 Version, the japanese GOTY version for the PS3 finally got the Claptrap DLC. Is this the latest added DLC to a released game so far? And for the people like me, who completed the PS3 version several years ago, are you going to go back to go for the 100% :)?

2 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

The claptrap dlc was never released for the japanese version. Which means if they never release the dlc you can't get 100% in that game.

False. Such DLC wasn't released until recently and also never had any trophies. You could 100% the japanese GOTY version completing only 3/3 DLC packs for that.

9 minutes ago, SiDima said:

Main question: this DLC is included in goty edition or have to buy separately?

This is what really concerns me. I wonder how badly this is going to affect players which have sold their copies by now.

wow i'm shocked i never thought the Japanese version would finally get this dlc, but yeah i imagine lots might have to rebuy it again, i wonder why they finally added it, surrely just because its on PS4 wasn't the reason :hmm: . If that is the answer then i wanna know why this couldn't have been added years back.

7 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

From your wording, I understood that you meant the DLC trophies always existed and the 100% was impossible until the newest patch. If that's not what you wrote, then ignore me.

Sorry then. English isn't my native language and sometimes i can't find the right words :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

I wonder how badly this is going to affect players which have sold their copies by now.

Hell, at this point a lot of people might have even sold their PS3, not just the game (I haven't actually gotten rid of mine, but I finally disconnected it about a month ago). The last PS3 DLC trophies that were added to any game before this one were Minecraft Expansion 10 on September 9, 2018 (almost 7 months ago), and it was confirmed that those were the final Minecraft PS3 trophies, so many people probably thought that the PS3 was done getting new trophies. If you ignore Minecraft, the last PS3-exclusive DLC trophies that were released (i.e., not trophies on a shared PS4 or Vita list) were from the Lego Dimensions Goonies pack way back on May 9, 2017---almost 2 years ago!

As for the OP's question...

2 hours ago, Warlord149 said:

Is this the latest added DLC to a released game so far?

Yep! The game released in Japan in December 2010, which was (a) before the release of PS4 or Vita, so we can rule out any games for those systems, and (b) over 8 years and 4 months ago, and if we subtract 8 years 4 months from the last PS3 DLC pack released (May 9, 2017 as mentioned above), we get January 2009, and from there it's easy to check that there were only a handful of games that even existed with trophies at that point, and none have had recent trophy patches.

• Like 3

Well technically minecraft is still the latest dlc, since this dlc here actually isn't released. They only added the trophies for it by accident, which means that everyone with this game in their trophy list, won't be able to 100% it at this point. 

GG gearbox lol

2 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Well technically minecraft is still the latest dlc, since this dlc here actually isn't released. They only added the trophies for it by accident, which means that everyone with this game in their trophy list, won't be able to 100% it at this point. 

GG gearbox lol

Someone has some of the DLC trophies, I've asked how they got the DLC but have yet to get a response to that question. If anyone ever finds out how to get it, please do let me know... I'm not sure if it has anything to do with character exporting, as that option is also available in the Japanese GOTY edition. Otherwise if anyone can search for the pack in Japanese then that would also be helpful.

5 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Someone has some of the DLC trophies, I've asked how they got the DLC but have yet to get a response to that question. If anyone ever finds out how to get it, please do let me know... I'm not sure if it has anything to do with character exporting, as that option is also available in the Japanese GOTY edition. Otherwise if anyone can search for the pack in Japanese then that would also be helpful.

Well I hope that it turns out that you can achieve them somehow. Especially for people like you, who would loose their 100% profile otherwise. 

A true bitchmove from gearbox, if it stays like that

3 hours ago, Warlord149 said:

Is this the latest added DLC to a released game so far?

Maybe on console, not sure about PC, Ragnarok (again, PC-only) was released 11 years after Titan Quest, however there was a re-release of the main game and the first expansion bundled together and updated in the meantime.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

My guess is; while adding import feature to the game with the latest patch, they did choose sloppy way and used the codes or content of the patch they released for worldwide version of the game which later resulted in this mess. Seems like changing couple of region codes and applying the patch over it doesn't take time while removing the latest DLC's trophy files from the patch does! From my knowledge, patch files also contain trophy informations of the game. As far as I know, In Japan, Borderlands didn't released digitally but physically only which comes with a GOTY disk contains only the first 3 DLC packs. That means latest DLC can't be purchased until Gearbox makes a move.

What a bad day for completionist and those who sold their copies.

Edited by Abysm_Nucleus
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Smashero said:

No, no, no, no!

Why? What for?!?! Why now?!?!?!

Glad that I still have this JP edition...

So... Have to buy it on JPN account?

You can't buy it yet. Nobody know if it ever will be available. The guy who has 4 DLC trophys might just used an modified save OR he might have the japanese PS4 GOTY and he importet an save. But i don't know if the Japanese PS4 version is the same list as the ps3 version.

Edited by TheRealHardyBoy1
  • Like 1

I looked throught some japanese sites and unfortunately I couldn't find any info regarding PS3 release. Every site I visited listed Claptrap's New Robot Revolution as a first time release on Japan for PS4.

As jpn version never had a digital version, it seems unlikely that a lone dlc will be released on jpn store. Maybe it will be included as a free patch? Time will tell.

Edited by Are1991

25 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

You can't buy it yet. Nobody know if it ever will be available. The guy who has 4 DLC trophys might just used an modified save OR he might have the japanese PS4 GOTY and he importet an save.

I got an answer from him which was saying that he was able to transfer his save from the US version over to the Japanese GOTY with the save upload feature, those trophies then unlocked. There's no way to get the ones for killing bosses though since you need to beat them in the DLC for that... I won't be upset about this, nobody can blame a person for playing a game years after release then the DLC comes out 9 years after the game released and it's trophies nobody else will get so there's nothing to be jealous of. Of course, hopefully this addition to the list means it's getting a standalone DLC release in the future or a patch because it is the GOTY edition after-all.

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I got an answer from him which was saying that he was able to transfer his save from the US version over to the Japanese GOTY with the save upload feature, those trophies then unlocked. There's no way to get the ones for killing bosses though since you need to beat them in the DLC for that... I won't be upset about this, nobody can blame a person for playing a game years after release then the DLC comes out 9 years after the game released and it's trophies nobody else will get so there's nothing to be jealous of. Of course, hopefully this addition to the list means it's getting a standalone DLC release in the future or a patch because it is the GOTY edition after-all.

Wait did he importet his US save in the JP PS3 or PS4 Version? cause you can't import saves into any PS3 version of BL1. and if he importet it in the ps4 version he should be able to play the dlc.

2 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Wait did he importet his US save in the JP PS3 or PS4 Version? cause you can't import saves into any PS3 version of BL1. and if he importet it in the ps4 version he should be able to play the dlc.

This is the response, I guess we could try this to see if those trophies work.

KoqZPpm.png

• Like 1

Just now, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

This is the response i got after i foun im i ht eofficial borderlands discord:

34tbMdp.jpg

What he's admitted to is against the flagging rules on this site, so we can't do that ourselves... I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with that DLC release.

What so let me get this straight so I don't make a mistake.

1. As we know the JPN GOTY only had up to General Knoxx as DLC and you could get 100% of the trophies.
  2. Now they have added Claptraps DLC to the List but no way to get the DLC so you can not get the 100% anymore.
  3. And the dude who has trophies hacked it.

Is this all I need to know here?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

What so let me get this straight so I don't make a mistake.

1. As we know the JPN GOTY only had up to General Knoxx as DLC and you could get 100% of the trophies.
  2. Now they have added Claptraps DLC to the List but no way to get the DLC so you can not get the 100% anymore.
  3. And the dude who has trophies hacked it.

Is this all I need to know here?

Correct. Hopefully, we'll get a release date for it soon and know if the DLC has to be bought separately or if the JP PS4 version will share a list with the older PS3 list.

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Correct. Hopefully, we'll get a release date for it soon and know if the DLC has to be bought separately or if the JP PS4 version will share a list with the older PS3 list.

Awesome well looks like I will be putting off buying the JPN version xD