Latest DLC addition to a released game so far?

On 10/10/2020 at 11:06 PM, JonHills345 said:

Also, i love how they bother making a wrong patch for, a game almost a decade old at the time. But they cant be bothered to remove the patch again.

That's pretty much the reason why this whole thing started. Gearbox patched a game that was having no issues until about 9 years later then when we say there's problems with the game they just say "oh it's too old for us to fix now k bye" without even considering why this started in the first place.

May not be the most popular opinion but I did kind of think that cross-saves was kind of dumb for this game anyway, especially considering that they added in a lot more loot that couldn't be sent back to the PS3 version, and especially considering you have to play through the moxxi DLC and the rest for the trophies again.

Feels like they could've just left the old version alone but considering how Gearbox has handled updating the Steam versions of BL2 and TPS the past year or so it's hardly surprising anymore.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all. ?

As you tell, this is looking like it's never gonna be fixed by Gearbox as it looks like it's being completely ignored from all ways we've tried to contact them on this issue.  

I'm interested if anyone has tried to find a work around for this DLC and if anyone has tried a few things? Obviously they made a patch to transfer you're character to PS4 which created this mess in the first place. We know it's a one way trip to transfer to PS4 only. 

I'm just wondering if there's any other way to work around this that maybe we ain't tried?

Doing a little research, this game is on the PS Now Japanese version. Also, I know the Japanese Borderlands is rated Z so we can't purchase the game as we don't have a Japanese credit card.

I'm just wondering if anything could be worked around these two things, massive long shot, but testing would be good.

Thanks all! ??

16 minutes ago, Kaa-Bling said:

Hey all. ?

As you tell, this is looking like it's never gonna be fixed by Gearbox as it looks like it's being completely ignored from all ways we've tried to contact them on this issue.  

I'm interested if anyone has tried to find a work around for this DLC and if anyone has tried a few things? Obviously they made a patch to transfer you're character to PS4 which created this mess in the first place. We know it's a one way trip to transfer to PS4 only. 

I'm just wondering if there's any other way to work around this that maybe we ain't tried?

Doing a little research, this game is on the PS Now Japanese version. Also, I know the Japanese Borderlands is rated Z so we can't purchase the game as we don't have a Japanese credit card.

I'm just wondering if anything could be worked around these two things, massive long shot, but testing would be good.

Thanks all! ??

None of that will work. The PS Now version is identical to the retail version and shares the existing list so doesn't come with the Claptrap DLC. The PS4 version only has the 1 list and it stacks with the PS3 versions so that's out as well.

The ONLY solution to this problem is for them to release the DLC, which is something they'll never do.

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Kaa-Bling said:

Hey there all, been sometime! 

As you can see this still hasn't been fixed and not gonna lie I kind of gave up. I'm been speaking to a 2K employer for the last week now and gave an detailed guide of what this situation is. There's still a ticket selection the PS3 Borderlands and I said why have it on there, if nothing will be fixed anymore and apparently they do still look into bugs and that. (Doubtful in my mind). 

Anyway, he's been saying to try and get people to speak up about it on Twitter, that's the place where most stuff gets responded to. So I've made a tweet about it today and was wondering if people are still interested in trying to get a fix on this? I know it's very doubtful, but it still bugs me when I get all my games to 100% and just see this game unfinished. (The OCD, I know... 1f605.png).

It's not just about the trophies though, it's getting the recognition as us customers and just leaving certain things broke. This error of them porting Borderlands to the PS4 created all this.

I'm still hopeful there could be some fix on this. I've been in contact with a few developers lately and they instant fixed and few things in days. I know this is PS3, but like I said, there's still a ticket selection for this. 

Anyway if anyone is interested in trying to get this fixed to get back you're completion or even if you don't have this game on your list and just wanna help fellow trophy hunters. Give my tweet and like and a retweet and also give a comment @GearboxOfficial 

No harm in trying again though, is there? 1f605.png1f60a.png

Cheers all!

This has as much chance of being fixed, as there is of world peace happening. Gearbox have moved all their resources and finances over to BL3 and the Tiny Tina spinoff so won't be spending another penny on this game.

• Like 1

There is also the issue of even if Gearbox did plan to release the DLC for the Japanese version on PS3, or there was a patch they could release to fix it, Sony don't allow any new patches or content for PS3 to be approved anymore, so any fixes would have to be done server side at Gearbox, and I don't think this is something that can be fixed by that method.

The ship has sailed on this one, I'm afraid. It's time to accept it and move on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

There is also the issue of even if Gearbox did plan to release the DLC for the Japanese version on PS3, or there was a patch they could release to fix it, Sony don't allow any new patches or content for PS3 to be approved anymore, so any fixes would have to be done server side at Gearbox, and I don't think this is something that can be fixed by that method.

The ship has sailed on this one, I'm afraid. It's time to accept it and move on.

Oh really? I didn't actually know that? ? I thought developers could still patch stuff into there content. For the PSN store I understand, you can't even put credit card details anymore and can only use vouchers. 

They patched this version in 2019, when did it stop? As Hunting said there's little chance, but thought I'd try again. Haha! As he said in dumb and dumber "So there's still a chance" ?

They also need to fix and update there support system and get rid of PS3 content selection on there.

Anyway, cheers for the reply guys! :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kaa-Bling said:

Oh really? I didn't actually know that? 1f605.png I thought developers could still patch stuff into there content. For the PSN store I understand, you can't even put credit card details anymore and can only use vouchers. 

They patched this version in 2019, when did it stop? As Hunting said there's little chance, but thought I'd try again. Haha! As he said in dumb and dumber "So there's still a chance" 1f602.png

They also need to fix and update there support system and get rid of PS3 content selection on there.

All patch support for the PS3 and Vita was dropped last summer.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kaa-Bling said:

Oh really? I didn't actually know that? 1f605.png I thought developers could still patch stuff into there content. For the PSN store I understand, you can't even put credit card details anymore and can only use vouchers. 

They patched this version in 2019, when did it stop? As Hunting said there's little chance, but thought I'd try again. Haha! As he said in dumb and dumber "So there's still a chance" 1f602.png

Yeah, it was around last summer that they stopped allowing patches for PS3 (and Vita). Media Molecule weren't allowed to release patches on those platforms by Sony to fix the hacking problem they had on the LBP games, so they had to shut down LBP 1, 2 & 3 on PS3 and LBP on Vita. LBP 3 on PS4 was able to be patched just fine though.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

All patch support for the PS3 and Vita was dropped last summer.

Oh right. I thought that was for the store closures and ended up going back on there word and keeping them open for longer. Didn't realise it was also for that. Makes you wonder when this subscription service is out it will change any of that though. Games will kind of be supported through that in some cases, who knows?

This has got to be one of the dumbest ways of losing 100% though, such an unlucky way, haha!

@Kaa-Bling I must say, your dedication to pushing this information to the developers over the years is quite admirable. If anyone could have gotten them to release a patch, it would have been you.

I honestly think excuses, excuses, and more excuses are all that got told to anyone who tried to make them aware. They were never going to add in the DLC/a patch I imagine. 

And sadly as mentioned above, even if they wanted to add in a patch, that is impossible now with Sony not allowing new patches to roll out for games on the PS3 anymore. It’s an unfortunate situation for completionists. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

@Kaa-Bling I must say, your dedication to pushing this information to the developers over the years is quite admirable. If anyone could have gotten them to release a patch, it would have been you.

I honestly think excuses, excuses, and more excuses are all that got told to anyone who tried to make them aware. They were never going to add in the DLC/a patch I imagine. 

And sadly as mentioned above, even if they wanted to add in a patch, that is impossible now with Sony not allowing new patches to roll out for games on the PS3 anymore. It’s an unfortunate situation for completionists. 

The thing is that it's even worse than that, since it was them patching a game 9 years after release that caused this mess in the first place.

Only way this was likely ever getting fixed was through some sort of community intervention, maybe custom servers or something but I don't really know the specifics myself. But with how obscure this version of the game is, I don't see something like that ever happening.

2 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

The thing is that it's even worse than that, since it was them patching a game 9 years after release that caused this mess in the first place.

Only way this was likely ever getting fixed was through some sort of community intervention, maybe custom servers or something but I don't really know the specifics myself. But with how obscure this version of the game is, I don't see something like that ever happening.

There were only 3 fixes for this problem:

1: Release the damn DLC!

2: Auto-pop the trophies for everyone via a patch.

3: Add in the content from the PS4 version, then implement 2-way cross-save and have the trophies auto-pop on loading that save.

1 hour ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Yeah, I've tried my best getting this fixed and was pretty determined, but obviously over time and how old the PS3 is, it was always gonna be a slim chance, but kept at it. It does suck for us completionists, but losing it out of our control, it's just one of them things. Still annoying seeing my profile at 10 unearned trophies always gets me trying to get it fixed. I ain't been at 100% for ages and got there the other day and thought I'd try again. Haha! ?

Finding out today that patches and added content to the store are exempt now, feels like it's put to rest. It became a little challenge to actually get this fixed in the end though, lol.

If it was resources to get it fixed, I'm sure some sort of Patreon could have been sorted and fans of the game or trophy hunters could have made some sort of change, but Gearbox keep everything so close to home and don't reply to anything, There custom service ain't the best.

As hunting fever said above, adding a 2-way cross save would of been the way out and that's probably the only way of a fix on this now, but again, such a slim chance. Could also go down a route down Sony's side and get them removed from the servers, but that's just as impossible as I've never seen trophies discontinued from it's servers. Burn Zombie Burn comes in my mind for that when people tried getting them removed. 

But I'll continue to collect and enjoy my hobby. ?

Edited by Kaa-Bling
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There were only 3 fixes for this problem:

1: Release the damn DLC!

2: Auto-pop the trophies for everyone via a patch.

3: Add in the content from the PS4 version, then implement 2-way cross-save and have the trophies auto-pop on loading that save.

It's easy to say that in retrospect, but this was a situation where the only winning move would've been to not release a patch on a decade old game to begin with.

But with it being Gearbox, if you've ever played their games on PC, you'd know that they have some sort of obsessive compulsion to patch the Borderlands games long after it's even necessary, except nowadays it's usually to throw in a splash screen to advertise the shitty new games that anyone playing BL1 or BL2 either won't want to buy or already have anyway.

It's even gone beyond PC at this point, I had this issue when I booted up BL2 on my brother's PS4 recently, the first thing you see now is a screen advertising the new Wonderlands game, because fuck just let you get on with the game you're already playing, am I right?

It is difficult after how much I enjoyed the early Borderlands games that I've started to notice more recently how little of a shit Gearbox/2K actually care about their trophies, given their shoddy track record (Unobtainables in BL1 GOTY, Unobtainables in BL2 Vita, Broken trophies in BL3, Battleborn going from a buggy mess to downright impossible). At this point, I'll only pick up one of their newer games on a very steep sale, which given what I've seen about the recent Wonderlands DLC, it doesn't seem like I'm missing much.

One thing that still bugs me about this whole mess, and this is just purely hypothetical, but if this issue was in the Xbox version and introduced broken achievements, do you think it would've been fixed by now?

7 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

It is difficult after how much I enjoyed the early Borderlands games that I've started to notice more recently how little of a shit Gearbox/2K actually care about their trophies, given their shoddy track record (Unobtainables in BL1 GOTY, Unobtainables in BL2 Vita, Broken trophies in BL3, Battleborn going from a buggy mess to downright impossible). At this point, I'll only pick up one of their newer games on a very steep sale, which given what I've seen about the recent Wonderlands DLC, it doesn't seem like I'm missing much.

One thing that still bugs me about this whole mess, and this is just purely hypothetical, but if this issue was in the Xbox version and introduced broken achievements, do you think it would've been fixed by now?

Battleborn had a couple of trophies that were a little iffy due to over patching but with the addition of Bot Matches, the MP trophies became a complete joke to get and you could easily get the Plat/100% in under a month if you knew what you were doing :). Fortunately, those irritating Splashscreen adverts in the BL games get hot fixed out after a few months but it doesn't stop them being pointless additions that shouldn't exist. As for TTW, the game itself is an improvement on BL3 but still isn't a good game overall, plus the DLC is very buggy, forgettable, super boring and adds nothing of value to the experience. GB peaked with BL2 and TPS IMO and having been in free fall ever since, with increasingly lousy games, both developed in house and published for third parties (Battleborn had real potential but GB pissed it all way, thanks to numerous eye rolling and incredibility bad decisions) :(. I'm done with them after TTW loses its support in a year or so and will move on to other games made by people who care about the end product.

52 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Battleborn had a couple of trophies that were a little iffy due to over patching but with the addition of Bot Matches, the MP trophies became a complete joke to get and you could easily get the Plat/100% in under a month if you knew what you were doing :). Fortunately, those irritating Splashscreen adverts in the BL games get hot fixed out after a few months but it doesn't stop them being pointless additions that shouldn't exist. As for TTW, the game itself is an improvement on BL3 but still isn't a good game overall, plus the DLC is very buggy, forgettable, super boring and adds nothing of value to the experience. GB peaked with BL2 and TPS IMO and having been in free fall ever since, with increasingly lousy games, both developed in house and published for third parties (Battleborn had real potential but GB pissed it all way, thanks to numerous eye rolling and incredibility bad decisions) :(. I'm done with them after TTW loses its support in a year or so and will move on to other games made by people who care about the end product.

Hard agree on just about everything you said. The one thing I will say about Battleborn is that even though the trophies were supposed to be much easier at the time I was playing (which was during the year up to shutdown), the point at which I was actually motivated to play it through the game's servers completely shit the bed and refused to save any of the progress that I was making. Something to do with a new BL3 DLC coming out and that game getting server priority or some BS like that. Regardless, if you are going to make an online-only game, the bare minimum you could do is at least make the servers work properly, especially playing single player.

I got to about 3 trophies unlocked, and after repeating the same challenge requirements 5+ times to no avail, I decided bollocks to it and hid the game off of my profile. The game clearly didn't want me playing anyway, so I wasn't gonna stick around any longer.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Hard agree on just about everything you said. The one thing I will say about Battleborn is that even though the trophies were supposed to be much easier at the time I was playing (which was during the year up to shutdown), the point at which I was actually motivated to play it through the game's servers completely shit the bed and refused to save any of the progress that I was making. Something to do with a new BL3 DLC coming out and that game getting server priority or some BS like that. Regardless, if you are going to make an online-only game, the bare minimum you could do is at least make the servers work properly, especially playing single player.

I got to about 3 trophies unlocked, and after repeating the same challenge requirements 5+ times to no avail, I decided bollocks to it and hid the game off of my profile. The game clearly didn't want me playing anyway, so I wasn't gonna stick around any longer.

The way the servers were treated during that final year was appalling and killed the fun for a lot of people, myself included. The fact it took a lot of arm twisting to even get them remotely working, shows just how little GB actually cared about the game during that time :(.

• Like 1