power outages.

RJP_X

how bad are they on the ps4? last summer i had quite a number of them due to other family members running too many things at once and the circuit breaker trips frequently.

well summers coming up and definitely feeling nervous so might be using my vita during those months more so. however i haven't any damage to the console that i am aware of, but definitely had a scare earlier this week. the landlords been doing work on and off on the first floor apartment since they moved out and keeps messing with the electric and water, well one of the times when i turned my ps4 on the TV screen had green lines all over it, and the ps4 was trying to fully power but couldn't fully power on so it shut off. never had such a big scare with the ps4. i unplugged everything a plugged it back in and everything has been fine since, although i am nervous of there being later problems. i am for certain keeping my ps4 fully powered off whenever hes around.

when i look up what was going on with my ps4, i couldn't find anything like that. i am thinking from what he did with the electric that maybe the outlet wasn't getting enough power or something. in any case, i have had my stuff plugged into a surge protector type of power cord so i am wondering how bad it is for the ps4 to get power outages? i would like to use it during the summer, but the recent scare made me think otherwise, especially when that's the time they are more frequent. my mom will have AC, microwave, and vacuum going at once and then the whole appartment loses power. i don't have an AC in my room unfortunately which also makes me nervous of using it during the summer due to too much heat. although what i have been doing since PS3 is keeping a fan aimed at the console.

just looking for some thoughts and opinions, thank you.

I live in Brazil, so the only way to be free from power outages is with a good generator. I never had any problem with the power outages, but never had the unlucky circumstance of the power failing when the system was doing the self maintenance.

However, I lost one to the heat. The classic model had problem with constant turn off while it was still hot (something like a soldering cracking with the temperature dilatation), but it was fixed on the Slim and Pro. Mind you, room temperature is easily 36~40°C here, I don't know how hot is were you live.

if have the money, a UPS unit may help to shut off the systems before they get instantly get cut off from the power source. plus i think they have protection from power surges it's especially bad to happen to high priced TV's and electronics.

31 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

I live in Brazil, so the only way to be free from power outages is with a good generator. I never had any problem with the power outages, but never had the unlucky circumstance of the power failing when the system was doing the self maintenance.

However, I lost one to the heat. The classic model had problem with constant turn off while it was still hot (something like a soldering cracking with the temperature dilatation), but it was fixed on the Slim and Pro. Mind you, room temperature is easily 36~40°C here, I don't know how hot is were you live.

yeah i live in a town with a bunch of old places, very run down town.

i am not sure what the room temp. is but R.I. gets very high humidity levels. i never look forward to summers its very depressing from how hot it gets, plus without an option to keep cool. i much prefer the winter and definitely never look forward to the summer. at least in the winter you can dress to combat how cold it gets, plus we didn't have too bad of a winter this year compared to other years, i think there was only around 5 times where the snow piled high, and other times it snowed it was very light. weird winter for sure, had some warm days mixed in too where bugs were flying around.