If this guys can do it 6 1/2 times...

TheYuriG

Thank you, dude. Didn't know how to embed it. Edited and added.

To do a video it's [//video]

and for gif/picture it's [//img]

(only one /)

It confused me at first as well

Edited by Kirbz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yup, took me 2 days to get it done with all of them :P

I personally think this trophy is easy, you just need a good feeling for the rhytm of the parry. The only 2 characters i had some struggle to finish were Face and Cedric... their super moves are just garbage... same goes for Marco. His stupid dragon is just annoying, you can´t just Heat Up and Super... Nooo... this little bastard has to release his stupid dragon first, before you can super ^^

Sorry for the very poor quality of the video... but i don't hae a recording device and i couldn' t hold my cam for the entire fights, since i can't get the trophy one handed... well with Urs maybe lol

I got the trophy for some people too :D earned me some cash :D

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

This is not as hard as it seems. Marco is by far the best character in my opinion. When you get to level 3 with Marco, Heat up then use your dragon with Quarter Circle Forward, triangle and then immediately do his super move with Quarter Circle Forward x 2, then triangle. When he gets up do the dragon move again and then do his super move again, and you should have removed over 50% of his health. Just do this cycle twice (once after parrying Apocolypse Flame and once after getting to level 3 again.) Using Marco I got this trophy in under 2 hours :D (after struggling for like 10 hours with other characters)

I've perfect killed DeathBringer several times by now, never being able to pull off the 22 parry combo. The trophy isn't about punishing DeathBringer, is about not getting rekt by his super. Your post is useless in this matter.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 10/20/2015 at 8:18 AM, Gemini-Genesis said:

It's insanely hard.

You shouldn't have changed your comment, your post wasn't useless, was very helpful to me, I could do the special and super parry but couldn't do it consistently, so having to parry the special with Urs like 4-5 times and the Super to finally could win the fight was kind of difficult, but with your method I only needed to parry one super and one special, eventually I got the trophy that way. Thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

You shouldn't have changed your comment, your post wasn't useless, was very helpful to me, I could do the special and super parry but couldn't do it consistently, so having to parry the special with Urs like 4-5 times and the Super to finally could win the fight was kind of difficult, but with your method I only needed to parry one super and one special, eventually I got the trophy that way. Thanks!

im surprised anyone is playing thi sgame in 2020. yesterday i was looking at my backlog and saw i only had 4 trophies in this game and always thought it was interesting and decided today i was going to play it and noticed you commented on here and was like holy crap someone else is actually playing lol

i dont think i can finish this game. my ps3 controller doesnt seem to register as good as i want it. when practicing moves it seems to have a 50 50 chance of registering. think ill just knock out what i can until i get fedup

i see you got 94% completion in games, good luck i hope you finish it and get that rare plat

5 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

im surprised anyone is playing thi sgame in 2020. yesterday i was looking at my backlog and saw i only had 4 trophies in this game and always thought it was interesting and decided today i was going to play it and noticed you commented on here and was like holy crap someone else is actually playing lol

i dont think i can finish this game. my ps3 controller doesnt seem to register as good as i want it. when practicing moves it seems to have a 50 50 chance of registering. think ill just knock out what i can until i get fedup

i see you got 94% completion in games, good luck i hope you finish it and get that rare plat

Haha, yeah this forums has been dead for sometime but I always wanted to play this game...

That's bad, can't you change you parry button to another one that still works? You basically need three buttons (besides the D-Pad)... Parry, C and the Heat one...

Thanks for your support!

• Like 1

For anyone still playing this; I recommend unlocking Deathbringer's boss form (I actually can't remember how - maybe beating Arcade on hard mode?), recording his Apocalypse Flame in practice mode, and just practicing the parry like you would a combo trial in another fighting game, it's not that hard compared to the harder trials in even the easier trial games like UMVC3 or SF.  Abusing pause or using a metronome or whatever is senseless.  Once you get good enough to full parry it somewhat consistently - maybe one out of every five or ten attempts - you're ready to go and should get lucky against him sooner or later since the rest of the battle is relatively straightforward: go full screen and wait for his horse attack, time your jump when he does it and you only have to parry it three times (this should also be practiced a bit in training mode), dash up and grab any time he charges up his Apocalypse Flame to cancel it and only allow him to use it at the end of the battle, use Coyori and air dash over his head if he walks you to the corner since the only way he can potentially damage you (aside from a missed parry on AF) is if he corners you.

One of the most overated platinums in my opinion, and the fact that it has so many ultra rare trophies is baffling - YWMTDW!? is a deserved UR, sure, but none of the other trophies are above a 3/10 in difficulty...

Edited by WakeUpHP
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, WakeUpHP said:

One of the most overated platinums in my opinion, and the fact that it has so many ultra rare trophies is baffling - YWMTDW!? is a deserved UR, sure, but literally none of the other trophies are above a 3/10 in difficulty...

You do know that half of those that got the platinum, payed one guy to do it for them?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

You do know that half of those that got the platinum, payed one guy to do it for them?

161 Platinum achievers / 2 = 80 people paying one guy?

Hope he charged a decent rate cause then he really made some good cash!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Where did you get that number from? lol

Search the forums, it was spoken before. Guy has a yt channel. 

Half, 1/4, 2/3, doesnt matter, u will never know exact number. 

Edited by Ptirle

i was surprised the game has such low percentage trophies, but it was free on ps plus so i think a huge amount of people maybe played against deathbringer once and said f this. even on very easy he kicks the crap out of you. and the fact they use a b c d instead of square triangle etc. makes it a bit frusterating. trying to get the one trophy where 2 people do their special at the same time i couldnt pull off, even getting the other player down to 1 hp i couldnt do. i would get them down to 18  hp and do the move that only takes 1 hp off and after 2 or 3 tmes it would mess up and not work and knock off 328 hp haha. but i also have 0 patience and carpel tunnel so fighting games arent really my thing. something about the characters though in this game i really liked. also thanks for the tips above i'll use it if i go back to it. i did the online just in case the servers go dead. going through my backlog and i realized alot of my games i cant even finish now

On 1/7/2020 at 7:11 AM, Ptirle said:

People pay to get this trophies? I don't say it because it is easy or hard, but I mean giving your account to an stranger and paying money for a trophy that could be cheated and get you reported... Sounds pretty risky for me... But an unexpected source of income in this dire times u_u...

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Bullet_KwT said:

i found this video very helpful actually.

You can do the jump cancel also. You don't even need to block his charge. Also if you manage to succesfully block his Apocalypse flame. When he levels up again. You can throw him, he will go down in level. 

• Like 1