familar with Gamestop PS4 Warranty? I keep getting Unrecognized Disc -- PLEASE HELP ME!

XjaegerbombX

xuq7WgBh.jpg

So my disc drive is NOT working. I have tried everything.

Safe-Mode Update

Safe-Mode Rebuild Database

Cleaning the drive, putting it vertical, unplugging for 24hrs & the only "results" I have read are "tapping" on the PS4 -- but I tried that but I dont know how "hard" to tap as I dont wanna break it. So if anyone else has this problem and taps their ps4 to make the disc work can you plssss make a video on it??

I am at the point where I think my cd drive is busted. Last time I uses it was over a year ago. I stick in a NEW game and it comes out dirty and scratched up asf!

So Sony wont do anything and my 2yr Warranty with Gamestop ends in December.

So who has done a GameStop Warranty exchange with their PS4? I bought mine online (with a 2yr Warranty for $30) -- WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM?

Note: I tried movies, other games, nothing works! It makes a weird click sound and I dont know what to do. I want to be able to play my physical games!

Please help me!

P.S. its my birthday in 12hrs... All detailed replies or videos of "tapping" properly would be a great gift & it would be KIND. Please help?

i would suggest this as a last resort if none others can offer any valuable input. you need to get ahold of the gamestop website in which you bought it and tell them that you now have a "defective ps4" sounds like your issue is that the "blu-ray drive" is broken. that warranty should come in handy since it occurred while under warranty and if they don't want to payout i wouldn't do business with them anymore. 

Edited by lordguwa
  • Like 2

I used to work at Gamestop. If your warranty is still active, you can just take it to Gamestop and they'll exchange it for one in store. Since it's a hardware issue, it is definitely covered. You'll just need proof you got the warranty, as well as when the warranty was purchased. Which should all be in your original confirmation email., and the reciept that was shipped with the PS4. Unless it's been changed and it's just in the system now. Either way, definitely take it in as soon as possible. They should be more than happy to exchange it for you.  

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lordguwa said:

i would suggest this as a last resort if none others can offer any valuable input. you need to get ahold of the gamestop website in which you bought it and tell them that you now have a "defective ps4" sounds like your issue is that the "blu-ray drive" is broken. that warranty should come in handy since it occurred while under warranty and if they don't want to payout i wouldn't do business with them anymore. 

26 minutes ago, Warlord99956 said:

The simplest soloution seems to be to call their customer service desk and ask how to go about a warranty return. As long as you have proof of purchase or similar (warranty number etc) I’m sure you will be fine

13 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I used to work at Gamestop. If your warranty is still active, you can just take it to Gamestop and they'll exchange it for one in store. Since it's a hardware issue, it is definitely covered. You'll just need proof you got the warranty, as well as when the warranty was purchased. Which should all be in your original confirmation email., and the reciept that was shipped with the PS4. Unless it's been changed and it's just in the system now. Either way, definitely take it in as soon as possible. They should be more than happy to exchange it for you.  

Ok -- I first want to thank each of you for your reply & help -- +1 rep to you guys.

Especially reply #3 -- @ExHaseo THAAANK YOU! I calles GameStop nearest me they told me they have a refurb ps4 slim I can get plus I would get $30 back?? She couldnt explain it to me cus she was busy but told me we can talk more when I come in.

I still have the ps4 box, bubble wrap, manual, the sticker that shows my order number & proof of warranty.

So I am GOOD.TO.GO! I just dont have a car so I gotta take a bus.

Before I take it in... WHAT KIND OF BACKUP PROCEDURES DO I NEED TO DO? Also... Will GameStop transfer my old ps4 data to my new ps4?? I dont have a USB stick or a PC so cloud coverage is my only backup method?

So before I go to Gamestop, what do I need to do so I dont lose data or saves or trophies. Sorry for so many questions... I have never done a warranty exchange (ever) & I wanna make sure I do this right.

Thanks again!

the first thing you need to do is sync your system with any trophy's you obtained before you go through with the fixing of the issue. anything you had on your previous drive won't be able to be transferred to the new system so hopefully you have cloud saves in some manner for important saves or games you're currently working on. you can redownload the games no problem (this will take some time depending on the internet connection).

last thing, if they can offer you another warranty i would get it again, seems to come in handy for gamestop systems (slim's are pretty new) might even get one that is lightly used.

Edited by lordguwa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lordguwa said:

the first thing you need to do is sync your system with any trophy's you obtained before you go through with the fixing of the issue. anything you had on your previous drive won't be able to be transferred to the new system so hopefully you have cloud saves in some manner for important saves or games you're currently working on. you can redownload the games no problem (this will take some time depending on the internet connection).

last thing, if they can offer you another warranty i would get it again, seems to come in handy for gamestop systems (slim's are pretty new) might even get one that is lightly used.

So unfortunately the GameStop that *had* 1 slim left sold it cus I just called to ask if they can back up for me or if I needed to format the ps4 beforehand they told me they cant & theyre out of ps4's.

So they took my number down & said they'll call me this week when they come in.

I called another GS and he was more informative & eager to help so he did a "ps4 slim" check & said NO GAMESTOP IN MY ENTIRE COUNTY HAS A SLIM!

So he said I could get a refund & buy somewhere else but i cant do that cus it would refund to my credit card (cant do that cus I kinda didnt pay it off yet ?) .

So im stuck. Broken PS4 drive until I get a call from GS.

What is the USB storage method do/for? Is that for backing up *more* stuff or for people with no cloud/internet? Everything I habe is stored on my cloud... So Do I *still need* a USB?? 

Also, I would wanna deactivate the PS4 (and gameshare accounts) before I bring it in, right?

storage USB is for the people who can't pay for plus. as for systems yes you want to deactivate the ones you already have so the counter resets to 0 when they possibly have a system in stock. can have your games on 2 consoles.

Edited by lordguwa

6 hours ago, dokkanexpert said:

What is the USB storage method do/for? Is that for backing up *more* stuff or for people with no cloud/internet? Everything I habe is stored on my cloud... So Do I *still need* a USB?? 

Sync your trophies. Make sure all accounts are deactivated on the system. Backup all your game save data to the cloud. 

If you have a usb stick/external drive you can make a backup of your PS4. You can choose to backup different items such as your system preferences, user log in data, game saves and the games themselves then restore them onto your new PS4. If you don’t have a usb don’t worry. It will take you a little longer to set your new PS4 up as you will need to redownload/reinstall all your games from scratch, redownload your saves from the cloud and manually enter all your account data along with setting all your preferences the way you like them. It would be quicker and more convenient if you could at least backup your preferences and log in data (mine was a 2gb backup when I changed my hard drive last week) but you won’t lose anything except items in your capture gallery if you complete the steps I mentioned above. 

Edited by Warlord99956
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 8:51 PM, Warlord99956 said:

Sync your trophies. Make sure all accounts are deactivated on the system. Backup all your game save data to the cloud. 

If you have a usb stick/external drive you can make a backup of your PS4. You can choose to backup different items such as your system preferences, user log in data, game saves and the games themselves then restore them onto your new PS4. If you don’t have a usb don’t worry. It will take you a little longer to set your new PS4 up as you will need to redownload/reinstall all your games from scratch, redownload your saves from the cloud and manually enter all your account data along with setting all your preferences the way you like them. It would be quicker and more convenient if you could at least backup your preferences and log in data (mine was a 2gb backup when I changed my hard drive last week) but you won’t lose anything except items in your capture gallery if you complete the steps I mentioned above. 

Thank you!

I am going today to get my ps4. They called me yesterday to trll me they are in stock.

On 4/7/2019 at 2:47 PM, lordguwa said:

storage USB is for the people who can't pay for plus. as for systems yes you want to deactivate the ones you already have so the counter resets to 0 when they possibly have a system in stock. can have your games on 2 consoles.

Did you mean CANT?

So I just need to disable the ps4 and the gameshare accounts before going in. Gotchya!